No announcement yet.

Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the Malerman shipping now, right?

Comment

I was referencing the Malerman.

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Yep! Did a whole asshat video about it, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9MjLDOhKJQ

Comment

Here are some pics showing the binding improvements.

**EDIT** to be clear, the new book is the red one. That's the one I'm claiming has a much better quality.

The top view:
          LRB1.jpg

The bottom view:
          LRB2.jpg

Side view (not really capturing the differences):
          LRB4.jpg

And this is one change I'm kinda bummed about, they've made the logo on the back cover a lot smaller:
          LRB3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Last one I bought was the Neil Gaiman book. I don't recall how it was shipped.
            That Gaiman book is worth quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              I know that Tom was having trouble with a printer who mauled an entire batch of the Mort Castle book and had to be redone. And I think there were issues with the Wagoneer one as well.
              It was a substantial problem. Here's the note from Camelot's product page for the whole series:

A Little Aqua Book of Marine Stories by Tim Waggoner (All of uur copies of the Little Aqua Book were indented in several places down the spine, some as many as 7 indentations and we asked the publisher if this was a problem with this particular title and were advied that "Yes, the printer switched to a new! improved! binding machine and it was a mess. This batch is actually the second time through machine because the first run was totally unusable and the author had to re-sign all the sheets. Please tell your folks we had no control over this and we may be switching printers going forward. But we cannot risk going back to press again with the Aqua title. This one is below our usual standards but it is going to have to do—we cannot go through this again. And they shorted us on the second run besides. . . so I have no replacements."
              I can see my copy from where I'm sitting and the indentions are noticeable from across the room.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

I can see my copy from where I'm sitting and the indentions are noticeable from across the room.
                Yep. I have three little dents on mine.

Comment

I actually talked to Tom about this when he dropped off our copies of the Aqua book. I know he was looking for a different printer, he should be bringing our copies of the red one soon, I'll have to ask him if he found a new printer or worked out the problems with his current printer.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I rarely sell but I actually did sell that book. I don't recall for how much but percentage wise it was fairly impressive.

That was a spur of the moment purchase when it was announced. I'm not a fan of Gaiman but did think the book looked cool.

*Edit* I think I have sold 4-5 books in the last 10 years...Like I said the little I buy I typically keep.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    That Gaiman book is worth quite a bit.
                    Last edited by Ben Staad; 03-07-2019, 08:31 PM.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      I rarely sell but I actually did sell that book. I don't recall for how much but percentage wise it was fairly impressive.

That was a spur of the moment purchase when it was announced. I'm not a fan of Gaiman but did think the book looked cool.
                      It also featured Gahan Wilson art.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        I actually talked to Tom about this when he dropped off our copies of the Aqua book. I know he was looking for a different printer, he should be bringing our copies of the red one soon, I'll have to ask him if he found a new printer or worked out the problems with his current printer.
                        Well, whatever he did, the results are noticeable and appreciated. I think the Malerman book is the nicest Little Book I own.

Comment

I keep thinking of selling of my Little books, only because I know I'll never get time for them all. Maybe when the 3rd series is done.

Comment

I keep thinking of selling of my Little books, only because I know I'll never get time for them all. Maybe when the 3rd series is done.
                            I plan on keeping all the books I buy. Unless I buy doubles. And I've been doing that lately. I bought 2 Rosemary Baby AE's and 2 Malerman Little Books. I haven't figured out exactly what Past Jeff is up to. But keeping what I buy is why I'm avoiding grab bags. I don't want to have books I don't want.

Comment

I sometimes buy to resell, if it's either a) a book and edition I already own or b) something I don't want but know is worth something. As an example, I bought a copy of the Grant trade of Wizard and Glass (which I already owned) at a library sale a few years back. Bought it for like five bucks, hit the dust jacket with some Goo Gone and put mylar on it, then sold it for $50 or so. An example of B would be when I saw a copy of the first [b]Unfettered[/b anthology, signed by Rothfuss, for sale at a 2nd & Charles; bought it for ten or twelve bucks and flipped it for $75.

But mostly I buy to keep.

Comment

A TDT.org member is looking for number #52 of A Little Aqua Book of Marine Stories by Tim Waggoner. He reached out to CD but Dan informed him that all the extras had already been used for the latest grab bag. If you happen to get it in your grab bag and are willing to part with it, please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X