Little Book Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    A Barker would be cool. I honestly didn't recall that there was going to be a Little entry in the series.
    If we go back the first post in this thread, these were the authors promised:
    Ramsey Campbell, Mort Castle, Richard Chizmar, Heather Graham, Charles L. Grant, Owen King, Josh Malerman, William F. Nolan, and Tim Waggoner

And these were the authors dangled before us as potential entries: Thomas Ligotti, Bentley Little, Gahan Wilson, Caitlyn Kiernan, and Stephen King

We're now 8 books deep in the series and of the authors we were promised, we're missing:
    Ramsey Campbell, Richard Chizmar, Heather Graham, and Owen King

As the series rolled out, it's been confirmed that McCammon is also getting a little book.

That leaves 2 unfilled spots in the 15-book series with the only other authors in the mix:
    Little and King

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Ramsey Campbell, Mort Castle, Richard Chizmar, Heather Graham, Charles L. Grant, Owen King, Josh Malerman, William F. Nolan, and Tim Waggoner

And these were the authors dangled before us as potential entries: Thomas Ligotti, Bentley Little, Gahan Wilson, Caitlyn Kiernan, and Stephen King

We're now 8 books deep in the series and of the authors we were promised, we're missing:

As the series rolled out, it's been confirmed that McCammon is also getting a little book.

That leaves 2 unfilled spots in the 15-book series with the only other authors in the mix:
      Little and King
      Great breakdown, right there. Man, if they do a (Steve) King, how are they gonna handle the limitation? He seems to rarely sign more than a few hundred of any edition these days. I can't even see him signing the (increased) 600 print run on these little books, honestly.

Comment

Little and King
        They could not get Stephen King so two Little books will be released in this series

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
          Great breakdown, right there. Man, if they do a (Steve) King, how are they gonna handle the limitation? He seems to rarely sign more than a few hundred of any edition these days. I can't even see him signing the (increased) 600 print run on these little books, honestly.
          I have no idea. Like I said somewhere upthread, I'd love it if the King entry was his recently unearthed "Politics of Limited Editions" essay. And I'd fully expect a print run of more than 500. Especially since the precedent for 600 has already been set. And maybe King has 600+ signatures in his wrist yet. He did sign alllll those Sleeping Beauties, after all. All 902 of them (not counting the PC copies). So it's possible. And since SK has been a potential entry before (I believe there was chatter about him maybe being in series 2?) and it would be a very bad look for Borderlands to continue to name drop him but never produce his work, then I think we're pushing from possibility to probability.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            They could not get Stephen King so two Little books will be released in this series

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
              If it makes you feel better, they are binding the two Littles together into one volume and calling it Big.
              Last edited by bsaenz24; 12-10-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I am considering this one. Not to be morbid but it feels like this may be a finale.

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                Me too! Here's a quick link for anyone else who may be interested:

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...igned-edition/
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

If it makes you feel better, they are binding the two Littles together into one volume and calling it Big.
                  That's funny! A Big Book of Little Nonsense.

Comment

I have no idea. Like I said somewhere upthread, I'd love it if the King entry was his recently unearthed "Politics of Limited Editions" essay. And I'd fully expect a print run of more than 500. Especially since the precedent for 600 has already been set. And maybe King has 600+ signatures in his wrist yet. He did sign alllll those Sleeping Beauties, after all. All 902 of them (not counting the PC copies). So it's possible. And since SK has been a potential entry before (I believe there was chatter about him maybe being in series 2?) and it would be a very bad look for Borderlands to continue to name drop him but never produce his work, then I think we're pushing from possibility to probability.
                    Another possibility: It’s entirely possible that they will do a collection of his work but he will not sign it. It could either be an unsigned book or signed by someone introducing the collection. As little financial incentive as there is in the Cemetery Dance limiteds, at least there is some remuneration coming his way. With these, at $30 a pop, there is comparatively none. Plus he has a friendship with CD’s owner, Richard Chizmar. He signed the last $40 Borderlands book, which I featured a few days ago on my Twitter feed, but that was because the book was honoring his friend, Charles Grant. There’s no such connection this time, and I’ll be very surprised if there is a Stephen King collection, and significantly more so if it’s signed
                    Last edited by RonClinton; 12-10-2019, 06:06 PM.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Little Book Series 4: 14 volumes of Bentley Little, 1 mystery volume that might be a famous horror author we all know and love (coughcoughKingcough)

You have to buy the first 14 volumes to be eligible for the 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        Another possibility: It’s entirely possible that they will do a collection of his work but he will not sign it. It could either be an unsigned book or signed by someone introducing the collection. As little financial incentive as there is in the Cemetery Dance limiteds, at least there is some remuneration coming his way. With these, at $30 a pop, there is comparatively none. Plus he has a friendship with CD’s owner, Richard Chizmar. He signed the last $40 Borderlands book, which I featured a few days ago on my Twitter feed, but that was because the book was honoring his friend, Charles Grant. There’s no such connection this time, and I’ll be very surprised if there is a Stephen King collection, and significantly more so if it’s signed
                        Yes, I suppose that is another route. An unsigned King book (or at least not signed by King). But it'll still be a bad look for BP. The whole gimmick of these little books relies on the signature. When the author is deceased, it's understandable to get someone else to sign, but putting that King signature as a carrot and then not fully delivering on it will cost some major points. If that happens, far fewer if any will likely come back for Series IV.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          Little Book Series 4: 14 volumes of Bentley Little, 1 mystery volume that might be a famous horror author we all know and love (coughcoughKingcough)

You have to buy the first 14 volumes to be eligible for the 15th.

That is a circle in my private Hell.

Comment

That is a circle in my private Hell.
                            Maybe, but is a (l/L)ittle circle...

Comment

Maybe, but is a (l/L)ittle circle...
                              I own The Circle by Bentley Little. I can review it right here if you'd like. But I'd spoil it for folks who might want to read it and get disappointed all on their own.

Comment

I own The Circle by Bentley Little. I can review it right here if you'd like. But I'd spoil it for folks who might want to read it and get disappointed all on their own.
                                I enjoyed that story.

Comment

Working...
                                X