Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Book Series 3

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Thank you for the support! I'm not sure I'm worthy of the honor, but I will try to earn the distinction.
    You're most welcome. I assume I'll be notified when you post something new. Not sure how that works.
    Last edited by Brian861; 03-27-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Yeah, you should get a little notification when you log into YouTube whenever there's a new video posted by someone you subscribe to. I think the next thing I'll post will probably be the Nocturnal Reader's Box April unboxing and if you watch that one, you'll probably be treated to a high pitched squeal of delight. You'll hear and see a 45 year old man let loose a high pitched squeal of delight over a book. THAT'S what you just subscribed to.

Yeah, you should get a little notification when you log into YouTube whenever there's a new video posted by someone you subscribe to. I think the next thing I'll post will probably be the Nocturnal Reader's Box April unboxing and if you watch that one, you'll probably be treated to a high pitched squeal of delight. You'll hear and see a 45 year old man let loose a high pitched squeal of delight over a book. THAT'S what you just subscribed to.
    LOL! I'll be sure and have the volume down.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    I thought you had read the ARC of that book and were not overly thrilled with it?

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I thought you had read the ARC of that book and were not overly thrilled with it?
    Now I’m super curious...what’s the book?

I do have an ARC and it's signed. And I wasn't over the moon about it, but I did like it quite a bit. I'd recommend it to pretty much anyone other than our friend Ron Clinton. I planned on buying it in hardcover anyway. So this spares me that added expense. But there might be something else to screech about. Maybe not. I have a low threshold for screeching as witnessed in my Shining and Little Books unboxings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Now I’m super curious...what’s the book?
    Unbury Carol by Josh Malerman

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Moved some off topic posts elsewhere. They are now in the "Random Thoughts" thread.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Got my invoice today for the first book in the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Got my invoice today for the first book in the new series.
    Now I'm freaking out. Yes, that's all it takes. Where's my invoice Tom???

Deep breaths.

BTW, I just read my first Little Book: A Little Magenta Book About a Dollhouse by Edward Lee. I really liked it. Never read him before. I thought he pulled off a cool concept.

Now I'm freaking out. Yes, that's all it takes. Where's my invoice Tom???

Deep breaths.

BTW, I just read my first Little Book: A Little Magenta Book About a Dollhouse by Edward Lee. I really liked it. Never read him before. I thought he pulled off a cool concept.
    I have read a few Edward Lee titles and enjoyed them. He sometimes goes for the gross-out but I enjoy his stories.

I have read a few Edward Lee titles and enjoyed them. He sometimes goes for the gross-out but I enjoy his stories.
    Yeah, the sex and violence and grossness weren't overdone in the Little Book. They actually served a really balanced unique story.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    The LITTLE BOOK novella was fairly atypical for Lee in that regard...and I agree, it’s a good, solid read.

It was also atypical in that it’s the only novella in either LB series...all others are collections.

I've stayed away from a lot of Lee's stuff because of the gross-out factor. I've only read one of his short stories, "The Stick Woman", and I remember there being some stomach-churning stuff in that bad boy. Well-written, but not my steady diet of horror.

Yeah, the sex and violence and grossness weren't overdone in the Little Book. They actually served a really balanced unique story.
    This is good to hear. I'm finally working my way through the rest of the Little Books Series II and just finished Ray Garton's volume which I wound up enjoying. Lee's volume is a couple down the line I believe (yeah, I'm reading them in order of release, for no reason other than my reader's OCD kicks in) but I'm curious to read it.

I've stayed away from a lot of Lee's stuff because of the gross-out factor. I've only read one of his short stories, "The Stick Woman", and I remember there being some stomach-churning stuff in that bad boy. Well-written, but not my steady diet of horror.

This is good to hear. I'm finally working my way through the rest of the Little Books Series II and just finished Ray Garton's volume which I wound up enjoying. Lee's volume is a couple down the line I believe (yeah, I'm reading them in order of release, for no reason other than my reader's OCD kicks in) but I'm curious to read it.
    That is actually a completely acceptable reason!

I thought about reading them in order. And that made the most sense. But then I saw that out of all the books only Lee's was a completely self-contained novella so I started with that one. Now that I've broken out of the Matrix, I'm free to read them in any order I damn well please! Mwah ha ha ha! I might read Hill's next! Then Hautala's!! Who knows?

Also, I STILL don't have my f**king invoice for the first book in Series III!

I thought about reading them in order. And that made the most sense. But then I saw that out of all the books only Lee's was a completely self-contained novella so I started with that one. Now that I've broken out of the Matrix, I'm free to read them in any order I damn well please! Mwah ha ha ha! I might read Hill's next! Then Hautala's!! Who knows?

Also, I STILL don't have my f**king invoice for the first book in Series III!
    Yeah, there is no logical reason to have to read them in release order, but for some reason, it will just nag at me if I do. I'm glad that you have escaped the Matrix. Everything here still tastes like chicken and I can't find that woman in the red dress for the life of me...

Yeah, there is no logical reason to have to read them in release order, but for some reason, it will just nag at me if I do. I'm glad that you have escaped the Matrix. Everything here still tastes like chicken and I can't find that woman in the red dress for the life of me...
    Logic left the building a long time ago.

In other news, I was charged for the first book in series 3--so all is right with my world.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    In other news, I was charged for the first book in series 3--so all is right with my world.
    Hell, if that's all you need, I'll charge you for the next 14 volumes.