• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Me too! He's a fantastic writer.
    I’ve got to give Floating Dragon a try.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Me too! He's a fantastic writer.
      Straub is hit and miss for me. When hits he is as good as it gets, Lost Boy Lost Girl is an example of that. When he misses is can be about as bad as it gets, example Mr. X. Not sure about this one yet. I will need to see more details and if it is made available from other sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        UPDATED
        So here's where we stand.
        Published:
        William F Nolan
        Mort Castle
        Tim Waggoner
        Josh Malerman
        Thomas Ligotti
        Gahan Wilson
        Caitlin Kiernan
        Charles Grant

Soon to arrive:
        Ramsey Campbell

Promised:
        Richard Chizmar
        Heather Graham
        Owen King

Announced through secondary sources (not Borderlands):
        Robert McCammon

Named but not confirmed:
        Bentley Little
        Stephen King
        I was just reading through some old correspondence and Borderlands did mention Robert McCammon in their newsletter from June 2019. Copied and pasted:

"Series III is almost completely sold out. It’s not too late to subscribe to the entire series of great Little Books with some upcoming writers such as Ramsey Campbell, Robert R. McCammon, Caitlyn Kiernan, and others to be announced. To set up your subscription, Contact us at [email protected]."

Comment

UPDATED:

Published:
          William F Nolan
          Mort Castle
          Tim Waggoner
          Josh Malerman
          Thomas Ligotti
          Gahan Wilson
          Caitlin Kiernan
          Charles Grant

Soon to arrive:
          Ramsey Campbell

Promised:
          Richard Chizmar
          Heather Graham
          Owen King
          Robert McCammon

Named but not confirmed:
          Bentley Little
          Stephen King

Comment

Well this is interesting--according to some random individual selling Little Books on eBay, Blake Crouch will appear in seres 3! Here's his statement:
            The remaining 7 titles in Series III will be published every 2 or 3 months by Borderlands Press. You can get on their mailing list to keep track of each new book which will include titles by Ramsey Campbell, Owen King, Robert R. McCammon, Blake Crouch, and others.

And here's the link (super low starting bid!):
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/LITTLE-BOOK....c100010.m2109

Does this individual have reliable information?? Should the list be updated?

Comment

Well this is interesting--according to some random individual selling Little Books on eBay, Blake Crouch will appear in seres 3! Here's his statement:
              The remaining 7 titles in Series III will be published every 2 or 3 months by Borderlands Press. You can get on their mailing list to keep track of each new book which will include titles by Ramsey Campbell, Owen King, Robert R. McCammon, Blake Crouch, and others.

And here's the link (super low starting bid!):
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/LITTLE-BOOK....c100010.m2109

Does this individual have reliable information?? Should the list be updated?
              Total speculation on my part: Looking at items this seller is offering or sold and several are Borderlands or Montelone titles. This may be the publisher or someone close. No way to tell but I think the information may be accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Total speculation on my part: Looking at items this seller is offering or sold and several are Borderlands or Montelone titles. This may be the publisher or someone close. No way to tell but I think the information may be accurate.
                Nice sleuthing! I think you're on to something. If that's the case, either the publisher or someone close to BP, then my great hope is that Blake Crouch is replacing Bentley Little.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  AND if this is someone very close to BP, then it makes even more sense that the seller would include a plug for the BP newsletter. Very interesting.

Comment

UPDATED:

Published:
                    William F Nolan
                    Mort Castle
                    Tim Waggoner
                    Josh Malerman
                    Thomas Ligotti
                    Gahan Wilson
                    Caitlin Kiernan
                    Charles Grant

Soon to arrive:
                    Ramsey Campbell

Promised:
                    Richard Chizmar
                    Heather Graham
                    Owen King
                    Robert McCammon

Named but not confirmed:
                    Bentley Little
                    Stephen King
                    Blake Crouch

Comment

Nice sleuthing! I think you're on to something. If that's the case, either the publisher or someone close to BP, then my great hope is that Blake Crouch is replacing Bentley Little.
                      While I hope that's the case for your sake, Jeff, I think it is far more likely to see Mr. King fall off that list than Mr. Little.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        While I hope that's the case for your sake, Jeff, I think it is far more likely to see Mr. King fall off that list than Mr. Little.
                        This. And, I can verify that that is indeed BP owner Tom Montelone's eBay listing. This... seems like bad news to me. Hopefully not, but..

Comment

I like the addition of Crouch...that’s great news. Frankly, I don’t get the inclusion of Owen King as this series has always been to showcase genre masters...Owen King is more literary than genre.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            I like the addition of Crouch...that’s great news. Frankly, I don’t get the inclusion of Owen King as this series has always been to showcase genre masters...Owen King is more literary than genre.
                            Having only read Crouch's Pines trilogy and really liking it, I look forward to having a reason to read more from him.

Comment

I'm fine with the addition of Crouch- I just have a feeling that it's a substitution for the elder Mr. King. Which is the only reason a lot of us committed to the whole series, where, truthfully- I would've probably only bought a few of. Watch- if he isn't in Series 3- they'll tease that he may be in series 4.

Comment

I'm happy to see an entry from Crouch. I loved Pines. And I do suspect that his book will appear as one of the 15 in series 3 instead of Stephen King. And if that's the case, I think Tom should be clear about it. The moment he knows that King isn't contributing, he should put out a newsletter or something. I know my appreciation for his transparency would outweigh my disappointment in not having King. I planned on getting all of series 3 anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X