The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMerr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sholloman81

I'm working my way through this book now. Am about halfway through the book. It has been years since I first read these books; so, I'm not positive; however, I am not noticing any sort of changes or updates by the author. Once thing I have noticed which is bugging the hell out of me is that whoever proofread this book left a very obvious misspelling. Every time it is supposed to say "Cypress Trees", it instead says "Cypress Knees". I have noticed this error many times so far leading me to believe they used a program to proofread instead of an actual person as this feels like an "auto-correct" mistake. Cannot believe this was missed as trees is a pretty common word in this book. Just one more thing for me to be annoyed about in regards to this edition.
    Maybe the author really wanted to update the text to say Cypress Knees. Anything can happen in Area X, right?!

At least that's what I'm holding onto... :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Maybe the author really wanted to update the text to say Cypress Knees. Anything can happen in Area X, right?!

At least that's what I'm holding onto... :-/
      That's really funny!

Comment

Cypress knees is actually correct! Lol. Threw me for a loop too, but it's the intended terminology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypress_knee
        CD Email: [email protected]
        My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post
          Cypress knees is actually correct! Lol. Threw me for a loop too, but it's the intended terminology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypress_knee
          T
          You rock Dan! Felt like a complete misspelling. Shows how dumb I am!!! Thanks for this post!

Comment

Working...
          X