Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMerr

  1. #21
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    3
    I am a long way from reaching the well-balanced mental state that Ron has attained. Like Jeff, I have never read anything by Vandermeer but bought the Southern Reach trilogy. I passed on Borne (seemed more fantasy than what I normally like) but if I love Southern Reach, I'll probably regret it!

  2. #22
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    I am a long way from reaching the well-balanced mental state that Ron has attained. Like Jeff, I have never read anything by Vandermeer but bought the Southern Reach trilogy. I passed on Borne (seemed more fantasy than what I normally like) but if I love Southern Reach, I'll probably regret it!
    Well, it took me nearly 30 years to get to this point of heightened awareness...



    Hopefully your personal meditative voyage to bookbuying discretion will be a shorter and less expensive one than mine.

  3. #23
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,494
    Rep Power
    15
    You need to photoshop a CD t-shirt on that guy!!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    2
    Hi CD,

    Been awhile since we've seen movement on this one. Any updates/ideas as to when we may see this title move forward in the production process? I believe the last update was the cover-art reveal/to let us know the special features were being developed. I know you are backlogged due to your various printer issues; so, any info is appreciated.

  5. #25
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,715
    Rep Power
    2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi CD,

    Been awhile since we've seen movement on this one. Any updates/ideas as to when we may see this title move forward in the production process? I believe the last update was the cover-art reveal/to let us know the special features were being developed. I know you are backlogged due to your various printer issues; so, any info is appreciated.
    Both Dan and I are away from the office this week, but Iíll make sure I get an update on this one next week!

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  6. #26
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    2
    Hi Brian,

    Hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I wanted to check back and see if you have any updates on this title yet? I believe the last update was the cover-art reveal/to let us know the special features were being developed. Since then, haven't seen much movement. I did notice that the production updates page was updated again today; however, it looks like the same blurb as the past few updates for this title. I know you are currently backlogged due to your various printer issues; so, any info on this title is appreciated.

  7. #27
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,715
    Rep Power
    2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi Brian,

    Hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I wanted to check back and see if you have any updates on this title yet? I believe the last update was the cover-art reveal/to let us know the special features were being developed. Since then, haven't seen much movement. I did notice that the production updates page was updated again today; however, it looks like the same blurb as the past few updates for this title. I know you are currently backlogged due to your various printer issues; so, any info on this title is appreciated.
    Totally my fault. I *have* that update and that cover art to post, and somehow just kept missing it when doing updates. I need to finish something else right now, but will circle back to that today!

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  8. #28
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,715
    Rep Power
    2016
    The final designed version of the book has come in at 648 pages, so it'll be a doorstop of a special edition! We only need one more round of proofreading to confirm everything has come together as expected with no glitches or errors introduced during design, and then this title will be ready for the printer. You can see the DJ art from Pablo Delcan here:

    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  9. #29
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    2,092
    Rep Power
    14
    This is a long shot but I was wondering if the CD lifetime subscriber who holds number 73 would be willing to switch with me when it comes to The Southern Reach Trilogy. I have no idea what number I'll be getting but I'd love to match my SubPress edition of Complete Borne. I totally understand if that's not something you're up for, 73.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    2
    Hi CD,

    Was wondering if you have a production update for this title yet? Last update from Brian on 07/16/19 stated that it was in a final round of proofreading to confirm everything has come together (see above). Has that proofreading been finished yet? Am anxious to see this title hit the printer. Also, if I am remembering correctly, this book is supposed to have top-secret bonus features. Were those features ever decided upon or announced; or, will that be something that isn't announced? As always, any info is appreciated.

  11. #31
    Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,045
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi CD,

    Was wondering if you have a production update for this title yet? Last update from Brian on 07/16/19 stated that it was in a final round of proofreading to confirm everything has come together (see above). Has that proofreading been finished yet? Am anxious to see this title hit the printer. Also, if I am remembering correctly, this book is supposed to have top-secret bonus features. Were those features ever decided upon or announced; or, will that be something that isn't announced? As always, any info is appreciated.
    I'm not sure about the proof reading. I know the last hold up I remember us talking about was the author still had the sig sheets. I don't know if those have come back yet or not. Brian can hopefully elaborate a bit more when he sees this.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  12. #32
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,715
    Rep Power
    2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi CD,

    Was wondering if you have a production update for this title yet? Last update from Brian on 07/16/19 stated that it was in a final round of proofreading to confirm everything has come together (see above). Has that proofreading been finished yet? Am anxious to see this title hit the printer. Also, if I am remembering correctly, this book is supposed to have top-secret bonus features. Were those features ever decided upon or announced; or, will that be something that isn't announced? As always, any info is appreciated.
    I'm pretty sure I saw the signature sheets at the office today. The book itself is proofread. We've tried to get on the same page with the author about the bonus features, but he's been so busy with his new projects that we don't think he's had time to get anything together. We might have to go to press without bonus material, simply to get the book finished and to the collectors who have been patiently waiting so long.

    Brian

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  13. #33
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw the signature sheets at the office today. The book itself is proofread. We've tried to get on the same page with the author about the bonus features, but he's been so busy with his new projects that we don't think he's had time to get anything together. We might have to go to press without bonus material, simply to get the book finished and to the collectors who have been patiently waiting so long.

    Brian

    Brian
    Thanks for the update Brian!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •