Misery from Suntup editions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    In this situation I don't really think there's anything he can do other than offer a full refund for a return. Then he can just sell the returned copies to someone who doesn't care about that. I don't think it's reasonable or really feasible to fix them. It'll cost too much money to do. This is a situation where there's no way to really make everyone happy. It's really unfortunate and there's not really anything he could've done about it either. You'd have to be really really lucky to catch something like that ahead of time.
    An additional wrinkle to this is that there are copies floating around getting remarqued as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Yes, I generally do not join the conversations there but I noted that mine has the error. So far everyone who has commented with a Limited has the error. Not sure but it appears to affect all limited editions. I do not believe I would be willing to send mine in to be corrected.
      I assume it's in the gift edition too, but does anyone know one way or the other?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        I assume it's in the gift edition too, but does anyone know one way or the other?
        According to Paul, no, it doesn't affect the gift edition. The gift edition will instead come with a section of four pages that contain the things about you that you don't want anyone else to know. So each buyer will be faced with a dilemma--destroy the book and be certain that no one will be able to read about your nastiest qualities or keep the book and carry it with you everywhere, never letting it out of your sight for even one moment, and never being able to forget the truly awful things about yourself that the book contains.

Comment

In this situation I don't really think there's anything he can do other than offer a full refund for a return. Then he can just sell the returned copies to someone who doesn't care about that. I don't think it's reasonable or really feasible to fix them. It'll cost too much money to do. This is a situation where there's no way to really make everyone happy. It's really unfortunate and there's not really anything he could've done about it either. You'd have to be really really lucky to catch something like that ahead of time.
          Completely agree with your thoughts on the situation.

Comment

Yes, BUT is he going to get King and the artists to sign them all over again? I think that would push King's patience. Maybe. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              Yes, BUT is he going to get King and the artists to sign them all over again? I think that would push King's patience. Maybe. I don't know.
              Well that's what I'm saying. I don't think he can offer to fix them. I think it's just "sorry this is the way they are, there's nothing I can do about it, if you're not happy I'll gladly give you a refund if you return the book to me" kind of a thing.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Well that's what I'm saying. I don't think he can offer to fix them. I think it's just "sorry this is the way they are, there's nothing I can do about it, if you're not happy I'll gladly give you a refund if you return the book to me" kind of a thing.
                Ah, I see. And yeah I agree. Though I would have loved the chance to buy one of the original "defective" books that people send back.

Comment

Ah, I see. And yeah I agree. Though I would have loved the chance to buy one of the original "defective" books that people send back.
                  To be clear, I really don't think people will send their books back for a refund. If that was the option Paul gave them.

Comment

Yes, I generally do not join the conversations there but I noted that mine has the error. So far everyone who has commented with a Limited has the error. Not sure but it appears to affect all limited editions. I do not believe I would be willing to send mine in to be corrected.
                    I don't blame you. Posting a comment there can feel like you're being air dropped into the center of a pack of very hungry hyenas.
                    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    I haven’t seen the news but I had an error copy that included two artist signature pages, and two title/copyright pages that I sent back to Paul a little over a week and a half ago. So I’m totally unsure if my copy had other strange page issues. That’s actually why I elected for Paul to fix it so I wouldn’t have a less than perfect copy.
                    You weren't interested in keeping it as a one-of-a kind? I might have considered that. I would have just maybe asked Paul to send an errata sheet specifying that this was unique to your copy.
                    No doubt about posting over on TDT. Enter at your own risk.

I have a CD book that has a double limitation page but I'm ok with it. I like the uniqueness that is adds. If I had a S/L Misery, I believe I'd feel the same way and leave it as is.

If folks end up returning copies, I'd buy a returned copy in a heartbeat.

Comment

I returned my copy with the double artist signature page for two reason:

1. I wanted a perfect copy
                      2. I wanted the same copy everyone else had and not some rare error edition (I debated like hell over this.)

I also had an edition that was numbered in blue.

I kind of want my copy back.

Comment

2. I wanted the same copy everyone else had and not some rare error edition (I debated like hell over this.)

I respect your choice, Jason and it being your book, it should be how you want it. I guess a chance to break away from the herd on this one would be the draw for me. My rebel spirit if you will

The blue number variant would be really cool to own also!

Comment

AH damn! I hope you get it back with the blue ink!

Comment

I did not realize you had the blue number as well.

Comment

I did not realize you had the blue number as well.
                              I think it's interesting that collectors even look at this sort of thing. From my perspective the color of the pen isn't even something that would cross my mind when numbering a book.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                I respect your choice, Jason and it being your book, it should be how you want it. I guess a chance to break away from the herd on this one would be the draw for me. My rebel spirit if you will

The blue number variant would be really cool to own also!
                                I TOLD you we'd get in trouble making that waiting list in the other forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X