Misery from Suntup editions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Just making sure, you did lift out the foam the book came in?
    I did. No secret compartments or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      I did. No secret compartments or anything.
      Bummer, I was hoping you had the swag and did not realize it.

Comment

Blocked.
        lol.

Comment

If you missed out, Very Fine Books has a copy for sale.

$4200!!!!

Comment

$4200!!!!
            Just saw that email.

Comment

$4200!!!!
              Dear lord! Is anybody going to pay that price?! It's like the lettered copy of READY PLAYER ONE that was on Ebay a while back; the seller was trying to get $10,000 for it. I don't know if these people are looking for a hail mary of a sale or what. Those in the know are most likely aware of the insane markup, those not in the know probably aren't in the market.

Comment

$4200!!!!
                Dear lord! Is anybody going to pay that price?! It's like the lettered copy of READY PLAYER ONE that was on Ebay a while back; the seller was trying to get $10,000 for it. I don't know if these people are looking for a hail mary of a sale or what. Those in the know are most likely aware of the insane markup, those not in the know probably aren't in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  They're striking while the iron is hot. EVERYBODY is raving.

Comment

No doubt and from what I've seen the book looks great, just not $4,200 great...

I will join other people's sentiments about starting to double-think passing on The Haunting of Hill House. Hopefully there will be another Suntup book I can get in on as their execution so far is fantastic.

Comment

I am assuming he established the price based on the fact that one sold on eBay for $4,000.

Comment

I am assuming he established the price based on the fact that one sold on eBay for $4,000.
                        Really? Wow! Guess that shows how little I know!

Comment

Truthfully, if someone offered me $4k for my copy, I’d have an extremely difficult time saying no.

Comment

Really? Wow! Guess that shows how little I know!
                            Someone sold there pre-order rights on eBay in late June for $4,050. I was shocked at the price it fetched. It also appears that one was listed today with a Buy It Now price of $1,995 and it sold. Those are the only two I have seen actually sell.

Comment

Someone sold there pre-order rights on eBay in late June for $4,050. I was shocked at the price it fetched. It also appears that one was listed today with a Buy It Now price of $1,995 and it sold. Those are the only two I have seen actually sell.
                              Two grand almost seems reasonable . . . four is crazy, and yeah, one sold, but still.

I'm still amazed at the numbered edition - I only own lettered edition of any book (and it's pretty boring if I'm honest,) but Misery feels like how lettered editions are supposed to be.

Comment

Two grand almost seems reasonable . . . four is crazy, and yeah, one sold, but still.

I'm still amazed at the numbered edition - I only own lettered edition of any book (and it's pretty boring if I'm honest,) but Misery feels like how lettered editions are supposed to be.
                                I agree with all your points. 4K just feels excessive. I own several lettered edition books and the quality of this book tops them all. Of course the lettered editions I own ran from $150 to $250 retail and the price on this exceeded them by a long shot. The way I look at it is that I feel I got great value for the price I paid. That was a concern based on the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X