Misery from Suntup editions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    Down here in Australia we have lots and lots of things that want to kill you. Including the Funnel Web spider. Not to forget the Redback of course.
    Both deadly.
    My wife and I are always talking about planning a trip to Australia, but then I stumble on one of those articles about all the crazy creatures you fine folks have down there... I am not a fan of the creepy crawlies.

Comment

Originally posted by becca69 View Post
      Thanks, I've actually been a member for years but for some reason the site didn't like me and I wasn't able to log in or post. The nice boys at CD helped me out and I can finally join in the fun.
      You're welcome! Glad the boys got ya hooked up

Originally posted by Paul Suntup View Post
      Makes me think of In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson. Great book.
      Is this a preview of what's to come?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        The vast majority of owners who have voiced their opinion feel the same way; that they have no problem with it.
        Well, it's not as if any of them intend to read the book EVER, so what does it matter if pages are out of sequence. As long as all copies of the limited are the same and their value is unaffected that's all they care really about. If I had been lucky enough to get a copy I would have felt the same way. Yes, I'd be disappointed that the book isn't as perfect as it should have been, but if I can sell it for 6 times the purchase price, which seems to be the case, I don't think I'd be that disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonUK View Post
          Well, it's not as if any of them intend to read the book EVER, so what does it matter if pages are out of sequence. As long as all copies of the limited are the same and their value is unaffected that's all they care really about. If I had been lucky enough to get a copy I would have felt the same way. Yes, I'd be disappointed that the book isn't as perfect as it should have been, but if I can sell it for 6 times the purchase price, which seems to be the case, I don't think I'd be that disappointed.
          Ok, this post got my attention because it is quoting me saying something that would be very out of character for me to say. I generally only speak for myself and avoid speaking for a group. Although I agree with the quote it just did not feel like something I would say. I had to go back and find the post and find the context of when I said it. Also wondered if I drunk posted something and did not remember. Turns out is a statement from Paul Suntup's letter to owners of the limited.

Comment

My Misery Artist/Gift edition arrived yesterday. And it's amazing! I've seen Lettered editions of some books that don't even compare to this edition. Seeing that the image that we've all seen is only the slipcover - there's an actual dustjacket with original artwork! Plus the book without the dustjacket is beautiful.

Well done Paul!

Oh - and Paul called me a ninja yesterday. I'll take it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              So we got our copies in today, and I had the strangest thing happen in all of my time handling books. I unwrapped the shrink wrap from one of our extra copies and slid the book out. Noticed there was something on the side of the book and brushed it away. It turns out it was a spider web, with a medium sized spider in it. Honestly that was a first. It's a great looking book though.
              Dan, any idea when the gift editions will be sent out?

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                Dan, any idea when the gift editions will be sent out?
                After The Listener. We can only really ship one project at a time and we had already started in on The Listener first. So hopefully The Listener doesn't take too long but I would say probably not until sometime next week.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Got my copy of Misery on Monday. It is really a work of art. Very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    Got my copy of Misery on Monday. It is really a work of art. Very impressed.
                    It's on a whole another level for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X