No announcement yet.

Misery from Suntup editions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to not get freaked out by spiders - unless they're bigger than a quarter or run faster than me.

Related - John Scalzi posted a picture of a spider that he took - I'll just link to to it because it's a creepy spider. But I love the gnat.

Comment

Great video Jeff. Now that Cemetery Dance has their copies I can't wait to receive mine.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        Great video Jeff. Now that Cemetery Dance has their copies I can't wait to receive mine.
        Agreed! Although, it appeared that perhaps our pal was a little in the bag at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Agreed! Although, it appeared that perhaps our pal was a little in the bag at the time
          Hahahahaha I was 97% sober. I assure you. I was just tired. It was a long day but I HAD to unbox this thing. I didn't have a choice about when it was going to happen. I will say that this unboxing and the one I did for The Shining are unwatchable with the sound on. At least, I can't watch them. I'm gasping constantly!

But thanks for watching and supporting.

Comment

Originally posted by becca69 View Post
            Spiders eat other icky bugs. Vive le spider!
            Agreed to a point, my state has a LOT of brown recluses lurking about. Get rid of those and I'll be fine with spiders.

Comment

Nice to see you over here, Becca!

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
              Agreed to a point, my state has a LOT of brown recluses lurking about. Get rid of those and I'll be fine with spiders.
              Agreed, Tommy. They are really bad here as well. Keeps the pest control companies fat, dumb, and happy.

Comment

Yikes. I live in New England; the main reason I wouldn't want to live further south is that I love foliage, the second is that I hate heat, and closely related to that is that increased warmth means bigger and more impressive bugs. Upon my mother's return from a visit to an aunt in Arizona, she told disturbing stories about tarantula warnings. The hell with that, man. Put me in a freakin' igloo before I have to do battle with one of those monsters.
                Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

When they eat other bugs, cool. When they are squirrel-sized and pose a danger to pets and me, no effing dice.
                  Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                    ...my state has a LOT of brown recluses lurking about.
                    Aren't those ones actually deadly poisonous? I honestly don't know how people can live where these things are a risk. "Don't worry about the tiny monsters that that can sneak into the house unseen and unheard and may kill you."

Comment

Down here in Australia we have lots and lots of things that want to kill you. Including the Funnell Web spider. Not to forget the Redback of course.
                      Both deadly.

Comment

Down here in Australia we have lots and lots of things that want to kill you. Including the Funnel Web spider. Not to forget the Redback of course.
                        Both deadly.
                        Last edited by HumphreyBear; 09-07-2018, 01:09 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Nice to see you over here, Becca!
                          Thanks, I've actually been a member for years but for some reason the site didn't like me and I wasn't able to log in or post. The nice boys at CD helped me out and I can finally join in the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
                            Aren't those ones actually deadly poisonous? I honestly don't know how people can live where these things are a risk. "Don't worry about the tiny monsters that that can sneak into the house unseen and unheard and may kill you."
                            They are venomous and cause necrosis of the skin around the bite. I had a friend who got bitten by one when I lived in Florida and it took a year to heal. They are not to be messed with. Problem is they are fairly small and like to live in warm dark places... like in your stored blankets and shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                              Down here in Australia we have lots and lots of things that want to kill you. Including the Funnel Web spider. Not to forget the Redback of course.
                              Both deadly.
                              Makes me think of In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson. Great book.

Comment

These are the buggers all over my yard, and they seem to like to hang out in the strawberries waiting for their own snack.

IMG_4191.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X