Misery from Suntup editions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I assume he is pretty far along in production. His promotion materials for the release showed what are prototype or dummy books, slipcase and traycases. I would also assume he has the signature pages signed and in hand, the art delivered and the text formatted. I would also assume the traycases would be made after the books are ready. I would also assume that the two different traycases would take different amounts of time based quantity and general build. Delivering all three editions at the same time would indicate a logistical nightmare or require the holding of the two editions finished first. Of course I have no insight into the production, just my thoughts.
    Just thinking about all that stresses me out. If I was running a press, I’d want all books in hand before offering them for sale. I don’t know if that’s feasible as you’d have to have significant start-up capital for multiple books to keep announcements rolling.

Comment

Anyone notice the amount of Pauls that are in the small press? Paul at Suntup, Paul Goblirsch at Thunderstorm, Paul Miller at Earthling...

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Just thinking about all that stresses me out. If I was running a press, I’d want all books in hand before offering them for sale. I don’t know if that’s feasible as you’d have to have significant start-up capital for multiple books to keep announcements rolling.
        I have also heard that the announcement is not always in their hands. The big publisher and the author may have a reason to have the announcement come out at certain times.

Comment

You all see this business??? From Suntup's FB page:

WIN GIFT EDITIONS FROM SUNTUP FOR LIFE! When you order the Artist Gift Edition of MISERY by Stephen King, you are automatically entered to win FREE Gift Editions for life! Yup, you read that right. No need to wipe your glasses or adjust your monitors. Suntup Editions is giving one lucky customer a lifetime subscription to every Gift Edition being published henceforth. To order your Artist Gift Edition of MISERY and automatically be entered to win, click here: https://shop.suntup.press/products/m...imited-edition

Our man Paul knows how to push a sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            You all see this business??? From Suntup's FB page:

WIN GIFT EDITIONS FROM SUNTUP FOR LIFE! When you order the Artist Gift Edition of MISERY by Stephen King, you are automatically entered to win FREE Gift Editions for life! Yup, you read that right. No need to wipe your glasses or adjust your monitors. Suntup Editions is giving one lucky customer a lifetime subscription to every Gift Edition being published henceforth. To order your Artist Gift Edition of MISERY and automatically be entered to win, click here: https://shop.suntup.press/products/m...imited-edition

Our man Paul knows how to push a sell out.
            But I have the Limited on order, I don't want to buy an Artists edition. Damn, gotta think about it now!

Comment

I have also heard that the announcement is not always in their hands. The big publisher and the author may have a reason to have the announcement come out at certain times.
              True. I believe Mr. Freeman has mentioned that on the forum before. I guess dealing with those moving pieces are just par for the course.

Comment

Suntup just emailed that the artist edition of MISERY is now 90% sold out and the print run is only 1,250. I'm shocked that it's not sold out yet.

Comment

Suntup just emailed that the artist edition of MISERY is now 90% sold out and the print run is only 1,250. I'm shocked that it's not sold out yet.
                  Just got that email. Hopefully I just have to resist ordering the artist edition for a few more days and it will be gone. I have updated the first post on this thread with the limitation.

Comment

Just got that email. Hopefully I just have to resist ordering the artist edition for a few more days and it will be gone. I have updated the first post on this thread with the limitation.
                    YOU. MUST. ORDER. IT. This is a first for Suntup and it looks gorgeous. AND you will be entered for a drawing to win gift editions for life. You shall not pass.

Comment

YOU. MUST. ORDER. IT. This is a first for Suntup and it looks gorgeous. AND you will be entered for a drawing to win gift editions for life. You shall not pass.
                      For gods sakes man, I already have the limited on order!

Comment

Don't you talk back young man! You just go order another one!!!
                        Last edited by bsaenz24; 03-06-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          Don't you talk back young man! You just go order another one!!!
                          LA LA LA LA LA, I can't hear you!

Comment

LA LA LA LA LA, I can't hear you!
                            That's it! Go to your room and no reading anything except for Danielle Steel for a week!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              That's it! Go to your room and no reading anything except for Danielle Steel for a week!
                              Kinda harsh. Ever heard of 'The punishment should fit the crime'?

Comment

I forgot that you were one of the lucky ones!! Damn!

Comment

Working...
                                X