Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery from Suntup editions:

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jeffingoff's Avatar
    I've seen some mentions of Suntup and IT in some places. Anyone know if Paul plans on taking on IT? Because I could really use another edition of IT right about now. Or whenever.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I've seen some mentions of Suntup and IT in some places. Anyone know if Paul plans on taking on IT? Because I could really use another edition of IT right about now. Or whenever.
    To my knowledge I don't think Paul has said what his plans are going forward. I do know he said he plans to do books he likes, not necessarily tied to King or even the horror genre.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    I have seen the same mentions but have no knowledge of plans. With the abundance of The Stand special editions I would think they may be talking about an art portfolio, but I am just making that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have seen the same mentions but have no knowledge of plans. With the abundance of The Stand special editions I would think they may be talking about an art portfolio, but I am just making that up.
    Wait, hold up, "abundance" of The Stand special editions?? I know of one fantastic place that will be doing a special edition of The Stand, but please tell of the others . . .

Wait, hold up, "abundance" of The Stand special editions?? I know of one fantastic place that will be doing a special edition of The Stand, but please tell of the others . . .
    Sorry, meant to say IT special editions. Not sure why I did that. And now that I think about it more one of the special editions I was thinking about is being produced by Paul Suntup. He is making a custom rebound edition of IT that sold out last year. They are probably referring to that one as it is supposed to be released this year.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any drool you get on you computer for when looking at this book.
    Here is the website: http://dragonrebound.com/

Sorry, meant to say IT special editions. Not sure why I did that. And now that I think about it more one of the special editions I was thinking about is being produced by Paul Suntup. He is making a custom rebound edition of IT that sold out last year. They are probably referring to that one as it is supposed to be released this year.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any drool you get on you computer for when looking at this book.
    Here is the website: http://dragonrebound.com/
    Oh dear lord. I do not make enough money to be on these websites, subscribing to newsletters, and getting on waitlists. These are some gorgeous editions. I am so mad that I am only now learning about them.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    It is dangerous to go down the rabbit hole. Luckily, I've never been bit by the King bug so I appreciate the beauty in these books but be okay with not owning them. Also, congratulations to everyone who was able to snag a copy of Misery!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Hey, Jeff, I’m back from your Unboxing mania: Candle lit, my friend...one for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Hey, Jeff, I’m back from your Unboxing mania: Candle lit, my friend...one for both of us.
    This addiction is terminal I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Also, congratulations to everyone who was able to snag a copy of Misery!
    There are artist editions STILL available! I'm shocked and also dying to know the size of the limitation. It has to be more than 2,000.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    This addiction is terminal I'm afraid.
    Memories (when for a few scant minutes the Numbered Edition was still available)...

...I'd use any browswer other than Don't-Want-to-Play-Nice-with-Suntup-Chrome.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 02-14-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Memories...

That reminds me. Paul has given an 8/8/18 publication date. I wonder if that will be for all three versions of the book. There are a lot of moving parts here and that will be tough to pull off.

Memories (when for a few scant minutes the Numbered Edition was still available)...

Yeah. I was there. It was a horrible place to be.

That reminds me. Paul has given an 8/8/18 publication date. I wonder if that will be for all three versions of the book. There are a lot of moving parts here and that will be tough to pull off.
    I think that depends on how far along in production he already is.

I think that depends on how far along in production he already is.
    I assume he is pretty far along in production. His promotion materials for the release showed what are prototype or dummy books, slipcase and traycases. I would also assume he has the signature pages signed and in hand, the art delivered and the text formatted. I would also assume the traycases would be made after the books are ready. I would also assume that the two different traycases would take different amounts of time based quantity and general build. Delivering all three editions at the same time would indicate a logistical nightmare or require the holding of the two editions finished first. Of course I have no insight into the production, just my thoughts.

I assume he is pretty far along in production. His promotion materials for the release showed what are prototype or dummy books, slipcase and traycases. I would also assume he has the signature pages signed and in hand, the art delivered and the text formatted. I would also assume the traycases would be made after the books are ready. I would also assume that the two different traycases would take different amounts of time based quantity and general build. Delivering all three editions at the same time would indicate a logistical nightmare or require the holding of the two editions finished first. Of course I have no insight into the production, just my thoughts.
    Just thinking about all that stresses me out. If I was running a press, I’d want all books in hand before offering them for sale. I don’t know if that’s feasible as you’d have to have significant start-up capital for multiple books to keep announcements rolling.

Anyone notice the amount of Pauls that are in the small press? Paul at Suntup, Paul Goblirsch at Thunderstorm, Paul Miller at Earthling...

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Just thinking about all that stresses me out. If I was running a press, I’d want all books in hand before offering them for sale. I don’t know if that’s feasible as you’d have to have significant start-up capital for multiple books to keep announcements rolling.
    I have also heard that the announcement is not always in their hands. The big publisher and the author may have a reason to have the announcement come out at certain times.

You all see this business??? From Suntup's FB page:

WIN GIFT EDITIONS FROM SUNTUP FOR LIFE! When you order the Artist Gift Edition of MISERY by Stephen King, you are automatically entered to win FREE Gift Editions for life! Yup, you read that right. No need to wipe your glasses or adjust your monitors. Suntup Editions is giving one lucky customer a lifetime subscription to every Gift Edition being published henceforth. To order your Artist Gift Edition of MISERY and automatically be entered to win, click here: https://shop.suntup.press/products/m...imited-edition

Our man Paul knows how to push a sell out.

You all see this business??? From Suntup's FB page:

WIN GIFT EDITIONS FROM SUNTUP FOR LIFE! When you order the Artist Gift Edition of MISERY by Stephen King, you are automatically entered to win FREE Gift Editions for life! Yup, you read that right. No need to wipe your glasses or adjust your monitors. Suntup Editions is giving one lucky customer a lifetime subscription to every Gift Edition being published henceforth. To order your Artist Gift Edition of MISERY and automatically be entered to win, click here: https://shop.suntup.press/products/m...imited-edition

Our man Paul knows how to push a sell out.
    But I have the Limited on order, I don't want to buy an Artists edition. Damn, gotta think about it now!