Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Did you get a penguin?

I'm still avoiding pictures - but I keep hearing GREAT things. My copy didn't show up today, so tomorrow will be the day. I just hate the fact I won't be home. I asked my neighbors to keep an eye out for me - hopefully they're here when the delivery person arrives.
    Yes, I got the penguin and swag. I do not know for sure but based on the way it is packed I would not be surprised if they included that with every purchase. You are in for a real treat when you get yours! I was lucky to be home and have my phone set to text me on delivery so I got mine right after the postman delivered it.
    Last edited by Martin; 08-14-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I am now the proud owner of Suntup's Limited edition of Misery. This is the most money I have ever spent on a book and it is worth much more than I spent. The quality of this book exceeds my expectations and they were pretty high! It is clear that an incredible amount of thought went into every aspect of this production. I will not post photo's to my collection thread until this weekend. I am sure that the photo's will not adequately show the quality of this book. Holding this book in your hand is the only way to really experience it. I am really regretting not getting the artist edition of this and passing on Hill House as well. But that is all tempered by the complete bliss I feel when holding this book.

All I can really say is WOW!
      Congrats, Martin! Looking forward to the photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        Congrats, Martin! Looking forward to the photos.
        Thanks!

Comment

My copy was delivered and it feels like my neighbors left me the first half of a ransom note:

220AE04C-B5DA-4547-8A39-B5E778375897.jpg

I keep expecting part two - pay is the money or we will read it!

Comment

Alas, no penguin or other swag with my copy.

BUT

For a book with only three people signing, my edition has FIVE signatures. I have a second artist signature page included.

Comment

My copy was delivered and it feels like my neighbors left me the first half of a ransom note:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20924[/ATTACH]

I keep expecting part two - pay is the money or we will read it!
              This cracked me up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                This cracked me up!
                I’ve tried to put a thumbs up emoji and then tried a different way to say the same thing. None of it works.

Thanks!!
                Last edited by TacomaDiver; 08-15-2018, 02:30 AM.

Comment

BUT

For a book with only three people signing, my edition has FIVE signatures. I have a second artist signature page included.
                  Sorry you did not get the extras. Congratulations on getting the book though, hope the ransom was not too much!

Comment

BUT

Just making sure, you did lift out the foam the book came in?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Just making sure, you did lift out the foam the book came in?
                      Looks like Paul is working with Jason on the TDT forum to make him whole. Paul is also going to see to the neighbors about that hostage situation.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Looks like Paul is working with Jason on the TDT forum to make him whole. Paul is also going to see to the neighbors about that hostage situation.
                        My neighbors also stole my fancy sprinkler too, which I can’t figure out why they did that.

Yeah, Paul sent me a PM about my double signature pages. I haven’t seen something like it before. The closest I’ve seen is my upside down map in CD’s ‘Salem’s Lot edition, which I did nothing about, and my copy of CP’s Ender’s Game that has glue all over the pages.

Comment

My neighbors also stole my fancy sprinkler too, which I can’t figure out why they did that.

Yeah, Paul sent me a PM about my double signature pages. I haven’t seen something like it before. The closest I’ve seen is my upside down map in CD’s ‘Salem’s Lot edition, which I did nothing about, and my copy of CP’s Ender’s Game that has glue all over the pages.
                          YOU get all the variants!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                            I open all my Suntup and Dragon Rebound Editions from the bottom. That way, The seal on top is never broken. Weird, I know.

I received my S/L on Saturday and it is simply stunning. The material used on the boards is sinful it's so smooth and fine to the touch. Exquisite!

I do wish I could go back in time and redo the day it was announced. I had the rights to a Lettered copy but couldn't afford it. I took the first low ball offer thrown at me and this was before I knew how the rights transfer was going to work. I screwed myself out of a fortune. I cannot bear to look at the pics of the collector that got my letter because I might just have to hobble myself for being so stupid.

OK, that's all the whining I will do on the subject because I am still fortunate enough to own the numbered and man! It is NICE!
                            I did the same thing. I did get enough from the deal to buy the numbered edition though. So it's not a total loss.

Comment

Are you sure that was glue?!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                Are you sure that was glue?!
                                Blocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X