Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elevation coming October 30th 2018

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yeah, expect a lot of low reviews on Amazon simply because people will say "I wanted a novel, not a short story!" Sigh...
    Amazon reviews are the worst at things like this. You ordered the wrong sized shirt? One star! You don’t like the cardboard cover to a Blu-ray that hasn’t even come out yet? One star!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    All good points . I have not heard a review that said the length was the issue .
    Even the couple wasnít an issue in the reviews I have read . Guess when Iím done with my current book I am just going to have to read it for myself. I just found it interesting that there was so much negativity about the book on the release day .

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Oh yeah, that too. I really think the "political" message of the book was "be kind to everyone regardless of your perceived differences" but I know some people will take it the wrong way without even reading the book because of the nature of the couple involved...

Don't want to say too much, even though it isn't really a spoiler, but I know some readers don't even read the sales copy so they go in completely blank on what the book will be about!

Brian
    I could not agree more with you view of the message of the book.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    All good points . I have not heard a review that said the length was the issue .
    Even the couple wasn’t an issue in the reviews I have read . Guess when I’m done with my current book I am just going to have to read it for myself. I just found it interesting that there was so much negativity about the book on the release day .
    I think several of the reviews on Amazon are complaining about the length of the story.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    I think I ordered the slipcased hardcover from CD back on February 7. I haven't received a shipping notice, and I can't find anything about the Elevation book on the CD web site. Is CD waiting on the slipcases to be made before they ship the books?
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 11-01-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I think I ordered the slipcased hardcover from CD back on February 7. I haven't received a shipping notice, and I can't find anything about the Elevation book an the CD web site. Is CD waiting on the slipcases to be made before they ship the books?
    Nope. Our copies aren't here yet (should be soon though I think) if you're in a rush shoot me an email and I've got some copies we're using for people who ask (until I run out). Plus we're still bogged down with Gwendy and now the Halloween sale orders.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Nope. Our copies aren't here yet (should be soon though I think) if you're in a rush shoot me an email and I've got some copies we're using for people who ask (until I run out). Plus we're still bogged down with Gwendy and now the Halloween sale orders.
    Thanks, Dan. That's OK, I can wait. I don't want to muddy the waters. I was just curious.

Junior Member Visitor
    I liked the book however the same goes for most shorter stories (Novellas) The character building and main body of the story takes a lot of time to build up to and then once everything is done building up, the story ends. Guess since we are all so use to 2 hour movies we try to envision the story as a movie as we are reading it. All in all, worth the money I spent on it I am not disappointed but definitely would of liked a little more.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    I think this will be the 1st time in many years I don't run out to buy a new SK book. Based on many factors I will just pick this up some other time.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I think this will be the 1st time in many years I don't run out to buy a new SK book. Based on many factors I will just pick this up some other time.
    The one thing about this one is you like it or you don't. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground with this one. I liked it .

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Slipcase due to arrive today.