Elevation coming October 30th 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    At 144 pages I can understand wanting more. It just barely gets into the range of what is considered a novel.
    I'm pretty sure the only reason that tacked the phrase "A Novel" on the book was because the masses have no idea what a "novella" is.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      I'm pretty sure the only reason that tacked the phrase "A Novel" on the book was because the masses have no idea what a "novella" is.
      The 144 pages was in a mini book format as well. In a regular size book it would probably run about 100 pages. Defiantly a novella, about a three hour read.

Comment

Yeah, expect a lot of low reviews on Amazon simply because people will say "I wanted a novel, not a short story!" Sigh...
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
          Yeah, expect a lot of low reviews on Amazon simply because people will say "I wanted a novel, not a short story!" Sigh...
          And people who don't read it complaining about King's politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            And people who don't read it complaining about King's politics.
            Oh yeah, that too. I really think the "political" message of the book was "be kind to everyone regardless of your perceived differences" but I know some people will take it the wrong way without even reading the book because of the nature of the couple involved...

Don't want to say too much, even though it isn't really a spoiler, but I know some readers don't even read the sales copy so they go in completely blank on what the book will be about!

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Amazon reviews are the worst at things like this. You ordered the wrong sized shirt? One star! You don’t like the cardboard cover to a Blu-ray that hasn’t even come out yet? One star!

Comment

All good points . I have not heard a review that said the length was the issue .
                Even the couple wasn’t an issue in the reviews I have read . Guess when I’m done with my current book I am just going to have to read it for myself. I just found it interesting that there was so much negativity about the book on the release day .

Comment

Oh yeah, that too. I really think the "political" message of the book was "be kind to everyone regardless of your perceived differences" but I know some people will take it the wrong way without even reading the book because of the nature of the couple involved...

Don't want to say too much, even though it isn't really a spoiler, but I know some readers don't even read the sales copy so they go in completely blank on what the book will be about!

Brian
                  I could not agree more with you view of the message of the book.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    All good points . I have not heard a review that said the length was the issue .
                    Even the couple wasn’t an issue in the reviews I have read . Guess when I’m done with my current book I am just going to have to read it for myself. I just found it interesting that there was so much negativity about the book on the release day .
                    I think several of the reviews on Amazon are complaining about the length of the story.

Comment

I think I ordered the slipcased hardcover from CD back on February 7. I haven't received a shipping notice, and I can't find anything about the Elevation book on the CD web site. Is CD waiting on the slipcases to be made before they ship the books?
                      Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 11-01-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                        I think I ordered the slipcased hardcover from CD back on February 7. I haven't received a shipping notice, and I can't find anything about the Elevation book an the CD web site. Is CD waiting on the slipcases to be made before they ship the books?
                        Nope. Our copies aren't here yet (should be soon though I think) if you're in a rush shoot me an email and I've got some copies we're using for people who ask (until I run out). Plus we're still bogged down with Gwendy and now the Halloween sale orders.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Nope. Our copies aren't here yet (should be soon though I think) if you're in a rush shoot me an email and I've got some copies we're using for people who ask (until I run out). Plus we're still bogged down with Gwendy and now the Halloween sale orders.
                          Thanks, Dan. That's OK, I can wait. I don't want to muddy the waters. I was just curious.

Comment

I liked the book however the same goes for most shorter stories (Novellas) The character building and main body of the story takes a lot of time to build up to and then once everything is done building up, the story ends. Guess since we are all so use to 2 hour movies we try to envision the story as a movie as we are reading it. All in all, worth the money I spent on it I am not disappointed but definitely would of liked a little more.

Comment

I think this will be the 1st time in many years I don't run out to buy a new SK book. Based on many factors I will just pick this up some other time.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                I think this will be the 1st time in many years I don't run out to buy a new SK book. Based on many factors I will just pick this up some other time.
                                The one thing about this one is you like it or you don't. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground with this one. I liked it .

Comment

Working...
                                X