Centipede Press Dune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centipede Press Dune

Centipede Press is releasing Dune in June or July. One of my all time favorite Sci-Fi books.

I’ll have to see if I can swing that purchase. Should be able to - it’s far enough out in the future that I can prepare for this one.

Comment

The estimate is $295 - not too bad.

Comment

The one on the list I am looking forward to is The Haunting of Hill House. And the first volume of the William F. Nolan collection.

Comment

$295 is what I paid for my Richard Adams and Ender’s Game. Figure I can afford one a year at those prices.

I haven’t read Haunting of Hill House before but I do know the name Maybe I’d it isn’t $300 I’d be interested. Or in an unsigned edition.

Comment

I’m looking forward to this one as well. Actually, a lot of the items listed in this week’s newsletter got me pretty excited for the upcoming year: Childhood’s End, Haunting of Hill House, the Ramsey Campbell books (glad to see him get more love from someone besides PS). The only ones that I’m lukewarm on are the Elric books. I’m not too familiar with Moorcock’s work.

Anyone going to try to get in one a deluxe edition of Houses Under the Sea? So VERY tempted if it winds up happening...

Comment

I was in for a copy as soon as I learned Jerad was doing it. I believe he plans to do all the Frank Herbert Dune novels, so there will be five more to get.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                I was in for a copy as soon as I learned Jerad was doing it. I believe he plans to do all the Frank Herbert Dune novels, so there will be five more to get.
                That’s my understanding as well. I’m sure this will be one beautiful set upon completion.

Comment

Frankly, the rest of the series is an after thought for me. I view Dune as a stand alone novel. The sequels are pale shadows in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    Frankly, the rest of the series is an after thought for me. I view Dune as a stand alone novel. The sequels are pale shadows in comparison.
                    I agree. I remember finally reading Dune, having put it on the to-read pile for years, and liking it a lot. The rest of the books, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      $295 is what I paid for my Richard Adams and Ender’s Game. Figure I can afford one a year at those prices.

I haven’t read Haunting of Hill House before but I do know the name Maybe I’d it isn’t $300 I’d be interested. Or in an unsigned edition.
                      It is going to be under $60. And it is unsigned as Shirley Jackson has been long gone from this realm .

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        It is going to be under $60. And it is unsigned as Shirley Jackson has been long gone from this realm .
                        Eh, it might still be signed by whoever does the introduction and/or cover art. It's very rare for Jerad to release a book that isn't signed by at least one person involved with it. That's not to say there won't be an unsigned edition, which I'd guess is likely.

Comment

This isn't about DUNE. But I was wondering if anyone else was getting WRITING MADNESS from Centipede Press. I'm on the fence and I know I can count on members here to talk me into keeping my money.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            This isn't about DUNE. But I was wondering if anyone else was getting WRITING MADNESS from Centipede Press. I'm on the fence and I know I can count on members here to talk me into keeping my money.
                            I’m not...his Gothic style and sensibility just isn’t for me.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              That is what we do best, talk each other out of buying books!

Comment

Working...
                              X