THE TOMMYKNOCKERS PS PUBLISHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE TOMMYKNOCKERS PS PUBLISHING

Well, PS announced their edition of The Tommyknockers today and I was hoping that CD would be getting some copies.

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-to...erm=2018-01-25

In concept I like what they are doing but I do not need a PS version of The Tommyknockers.

Comment

Debating this one as we speak. I actually liked this novel more than many others did, so may go for it… Just not sure yet.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

This looks cool, but I just don’t NEED it. It helps that I’ve never read the book and only faintly remember the TV mini-seres.

Comment

I bought it. Yeah, it's not one of his better books, but Stephen King at his worst is still worth reading, as far as I'm concerned. For $113.59 (after conversion by Paypal), I thought it was worth getting.

Comment

It looks like a handsome edition, but there are just so many Stephen King editions out there right now I just can't buy them all. And as happens so often, I will probably regret it later.

Speaking of The Tommyknockers, I recently purchased an old Winter 1988 issue of American Fantasy magazine for the Robert R. McCammon interview, which was excellent, but I had to chuckle at the review of Stephen King's THE TOMMYKNOCKERS where the writer states, "...it certainly holds up far better than IT, and it avoids the grandiose sermonizing that eventually dropped IT to the bottom of my King pile."

I wonder if the reviewer would feel the same way today, after IT has become one of the most well-loved Stephen King novels. The Tommyknockers, not so much.

The reviewer? Charles L. Grant

Tommyknockers.jpg

Comment

This is why I can buy a wide range of items, there are Stephen King books, I just don't like. I pick up the ones I do, a handful, and let the rest go by. That leaves me free to pick up Bradbury, Blackburn, MacAvoy, Charles G. Finney and Alan Plater. Don't get me wrong, I think King is a great writer, I'm particularly fond of his short stories, but like all of us, he has to make a buck and sometimes it shows, for me at least.
              Black Dragon.jpg
              Last edited by mhatchett; 01-26-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                It looks like a handsome edition, but there are just so many Stephen King editions out there right now I just can't buy them all. And as happens so often, I will probably regret it later.

Speaking of The Tommyknockers, I recently purchased an old Winter 1988 issue of American Fantasy magazine for the Robert R. McCammon interview, which was excellent, but I had to chuckle at the review of Stephen King's THE TOMMYKNOCKERS where the writer states, "...it certainly holds up far better than IT, and it avoids the grandiose sermonizing that eventually dropped IT to the bottom of my King pile."

I wonder if the reviewer would feel the same way today, after IT has become one of the most well-loved Stephen King novels. The Tommyknockers, not so much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20419[/ATTACH]

WOW. That's quite a claim to make. But everyone is entitled to their opinions even when their opinions are horribly wrong. I will say that I've been meaning to re-read THE TOMMYKNOCKERS for years--I just keep pushing it back down my TBR pile because so much new stuff comes up. But there's a chapter in THE TOMMYKNOCKERS that scared me more than I remember any other King story outside of Derry or Room 217. This chapter just punched me out unexpectedly in book I was only lukewarm about. I wanted to re-read it to see if the book had more in it than I remember. And this edition could be my re-read. I definitely love the artwork. I think it's stunning. And the separate novella approach is still kinda cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                  I bought it. Yeah, it's not one of his better books, but Stephen King at his worst is still worth reading, as far as I'm concerned. For $113.59 (after conversion by Paypal), I thought it was worth getting.
                  Congratulations, I do like the Novellas concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20419[/ATTACH]
                    Wow, I did not think that when I read them. Coming from a very respected author like Mr. Grant makes it even more interesting. I wonder if Mr. Grant revised his views before his passing.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      WOW. That's quite a claim to make. But everyone is entitled to their opinions even when their opinions are horribly wrong. I will say that I've been meaning to re-read THE TOMMYKNOCKERS for years--I just keep pushing it back down my TBR pile because so much new stuff comes up. But there's a chapter in THE TOMMYKNOCKERS that scared me more than I remember any other King story outside of Derry or Room 217. This chapter just punched me out unexpectedly in book I was only lukewarm about. I wanted to re-read it to see if the book had more in it than I remember. And this edition could be my re-read. I definitely love the artwork. I think it's stunning. And the separate novella approach is still kinda cool.
                      I remember liking Tommyknockers, thinking the end was corny, but have few detailed memories of the story. May be time for a re-read.

Comment

It’s been a very long while since I read it, but I don’t remember the structure of the book allowing for it to be split organically into three parts. I wonder if these are these breaks are natural or forced?
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

The Tommyknockers is the one SK booksI did not finish. I need to try again someday, but it does really call me too loudly.

Comment

I am waiting for the Cemetery Dance 'Viking Years' collection to be announced!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              I am waiting for the Cemetery Dance 'Viking Years' collection to be announced!
                              One collection at a time. We still have 3 books to go in this one.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                              X