Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: AMC: The Terror - Finally a trailer and release!!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    2,232
    Rep Power
    12

    AMC: The Terror - Finally a trailer and release!!!!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Cm...ature=youtu.be

    Finally some news on this. Loved the book, and was impatiently waiting for this series!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,718
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by TJCams View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Cm...ature=youtu.be

    Finally some news on this. Loved the book, and was impatiently waiting for this series!
    Saw the clip during the TWD. Looks interesting.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,904
    Rep Power
    64
    I don't have cable so I'll have to wait for this to show up on Netflix or Hulu. The Terror is my favorite Dan Simmons book.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Been watching this. Very good. On ep. 3 and am ashamed to admit I did not know this was THAT The Terror meaning Simmons' terrific novel.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,042
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by mtyree View Post
    Been watching this. Very good. On ep. 3 and am ashamed to admit I did not know this was THAT The Terror meaning Simmons' terrific novel.
    Have not seen the show or read the story. Good news is that Audible recently had the audiobook on sale so I have it in my library.

  6. #6
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,279
    Rep Power
    14
    Anybody have any insight as to how closely the show follows the book?

  7. #7
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,635
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Anybody have any insight as to how closely the show follows the book?
    I have watched the first couple of episodes, but it seems pretty close!

  8. #8
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,279
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I have watched the first couple of episodes, but it seems pretty close!
    Thanks! Now I'm trying to decide to watch the series or read the book first...

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,042
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Thanks! Now I'm trying to decide to watch the series or read the book first...
    I recently read the book and really enjoyed it. Have not seen the series yet.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,042
    Rep Power
    25
    Just saw that AMC is doing a second season. Did they not complete the story in the initial season or are they going rogue?

  11. #11
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    1
    Hi Martin. Yes, they did complete the story in season one. They are just keeping the title as "The Terror" and turning the show into an anthology series, kind of like was done with American Horror Story and is being done with Castle Rock. I believe the 2nd season of The Terror has to do with Japanese internment camps. I really liked the first season and am hoping the 2nd season maintains the quality of the first season.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,042
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi Martin. Yes, they did complete the story in season one. They are just keeping the title as "The Terror" and turning the show into an anthology series, kind of like was done with American Horror Story and is being done with Castle Rock. I believe the 2nd season of The Terror has to do with Japanese internment camps. I really liked the first season and am hoping the 2nd season maintains the quality of the first season.
    Thanks for the info. I will get to season one at some point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •