The Listener by Robert McCammon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Expecting an update from our slipcase maker this week and will post what I hear!

Brian

Thank you!

Comment

Expecting an update from our slipcase maker this week and will post what I hear!

Brian

Any word from the slipcase maker about THE LISTENER?

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
        Any word from the slipcase maker about THE LISTENER?
        Yeah, but not one that makes a lot of sense. They told me this week they're moving THE LISTENER up to the top of the list, which tells me they haven't really started work, which doesn't mesh with their previous updates. They've had the deposit since last December, and they're usually very reliable (and have done A LOT of work for us over the years), but I'm not sure what is going on this year. I have a phone call scheduled and will get to the bottom of this.

The good news for USHER'S PASSING or CARDINAL BLACK collectors is that we're using our *other* case vendor for those books, and they've never missed a delivery date for us and their quality cannot be beat.

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Yeah, but not one that makes a lot of sense. They told me this week they're moving THE LISTENER up to the top of the list, which tells me they haven't really started work, which doesn't mesh with their previous updates. They've had the deposit since last December, and they're usually very reliable (and have done A LOT of work for us over the years), but I'm not sure what is going on this year. I have a phone call scheduled and will get to the bottom of this.

The good news for USHER'S PASSING or CARDINAL BLACK collectors is that we're using our *other* case vendor for those books, and they've never missed a delivery date for us and their quality cannot be beat.

Brian
          Thank you very much for the response, Brian. I know that everyone has been waiting patiently for this edition, and we understand that some things are out of your control. Certainly the recent news about USHER'S PASSING and CARDINAL BLACK have helped to placate McCammon fans. I appreciate the update.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
            Thank you very much for the response, Brian. I know that everyone has been waiting patiently for this edition, and we understand that some things are out of your control. Certainly the recent news about USHER'S PASSING and CARDINAL BLACK have helped to placate McCammon fans. I appreciate the update.

Tony
            This is not the only project we've been struggling with this case maker on. I really hope they can get it figured out, I've always liked the quality of the cases they produce for us.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              This is not the only project we've been struggling with this case maker on. I really hope they can get it figured out, I've always liked the quality of the cases they produce for us.
              Since the sales rep changed about two years ago, they've been slipping... They are having SO MUCH trouble this year with handling multiple jobs from us at the same time... I really want them to turn things around because I like their quality and I like the team we work with there! Just might take an even more frank talk than I've already had with them this summer.

We will get the situation fixed, one way or another. There are only so many GOOD case makers out there, so I'm hoping we can get them back on the same page as us SOON.

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Comment

And today we receive the final approval case, which means both the Limited Edition slipcase and the Lettered Edition traycase for THE LISTENER will be done in September.

Brian
                Brian James Freeman

Comment

And today we receive the final approval case, which means both the Limited Edition slipcase and the Lettered Edition traycase for THE LISTENER will be done in September.

Brian

That's great news! Thanks for the update!

Comment

Brian
                    Awesome book!Got the spot on the BEST EDITIONS shelf all ready for it. Little red carpet there and velvet ropes and everything.

Comment

Brian
                      So very happy with this news. Loved the book and looking forwards to the limited treatment very much. Will be different, no more the Subterranean look, but the Cemetery Dance touch.
                      Can't wait.

sk

Comment

Both the limited and lettered should start shipping later this week. I've got the orders all prepped, just need to hear back from one or two people clarifying their vague number requests, then we should be good to go.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Both the limited and lettered should start shipping later this week. I've got the orders all prepped, just need to hear back from one or two people clarifying their vague number requests, then we should be good to go.

This is wonderful news! My wait for the Limited has only made me even more anxious for it. I will be watching for my shipping notice!
                          Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 09-04-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Good news, indeed! I've been looking forward to this one.

Comment

The good news: today both the numbered and lettered editions arrived.
                              The not-so-good news: For the first time in my years of being a satisfied Cemetery Dance customer, I am very disappointed with what I received.
                              Let me be more specific:

*the books: Except for the binding, cloth for the numbered and leather for the lettered, the different endpapers plus a different frontispiece for the lettered, the books are identical. Now the leather is nice - love the feel and especially the smell. But I have to say it's the most underwhelming CemeteryDance lettered edition I own. Especially because the difference with the S/L is minimal.

*the S/L slipcase: "housed in a custom-made slipcase......" I read on the CD website. Custom-made....really???? They are the most generic cases I've ever seen for a S/L edition - no lettering, just a plain dull black case. This seriously is the most disappointing CD case I've ever seen. (Oops, think I'm beginning to repeat myself...)

*the lettered traycase: I adore the traycases I have lately seen, especially the cases for the lettered King Doubleday editions, but also those for the numbered Artist Editions. Those cases are truly wonderful and a clear demonstration of what CD can do. But this case?? Almost as disappointing as the slipcase for the numbered. Again, the most plain and dull traycase I've ever seen for a CD lettered edition. And yes, I do know about the problems CD has recently had with their binder, but the lettered especially looks cheap compared to the usual top-notch editions I've gotten used to. I really don't think the price ($500) justifies the end-result.

Of course I'm still a CD fan. Of course I'm looking forwards very much to whatever will be coming next, from the Sleeping Beauties limiteds to the Doubleday King editions to Joe Hill's Strange weather to the next McCammon editions.

Would love to hear from others who received both editions, and am really curious to see if I am the only one being disappointed.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                                The good news: today both the numbered and lettered editions arrived.
                                The not-so-good news: For the first time in my years of being a satisfied Cemetery Dance customer, I am very disappointed with what I received.
                                Let me be more specific:

*the books: Except for the binding, cloth for the numbered and leather for the lettered, the different endpapers plus a different frontispiece for the lettered, the books are identical. Now the leather is nice - love the feel and especially the smell. But I have to say it's the most underwhelming CemeteryDance lettered edition I own. Especially because the difference with the S/L is minimal.

*the S/L slipcase: "housed in a custom-made slipcase......" I read on the CD website. Custom-made....really???? They are the most generic cases I've ever seen for a S/L edition - no lettering, just a plain dull black case. This seriously is the most disappointing CD case I've ever seen. (Oops, think I'm beginning to repeat myself...)

*the lettered traycase: I adore the traycases I have lately seen, especially the cases for the lettered King Doubleday editions, but also those for the numbered Artist Editions. Those cases are truly wonderful and a clear demonstration of what CD can do. But this case?? Almost as disappointing as the slipcase for the numbered. Again, the most plain and dull traycase I've ever seen for a CD lettered edition. And yes, I do know about the problems CD has recently had with their binder, but the lettered especially looks cheap compared to the usual top-notch editions I've gotten used to. I really don't think the price ($500) justifies the end-result.

Of course I'm still a CD fan. Of course I'm looking forwards very much to whatever will be coming next, from the Sleeping Beauties limiteds to the Doubleday King editions to Joe Hill's Strange weather to the next McCammon editions.

Would love to hear from others who received both editions, and am really curious to see if I am the only one being disappointed.

sk
                                I'm currently in Colorado (visited the Stanley) but when I return home, I'll have the lettered Listener waiting for me. It's my first CD lettered (well, apart from Pork Pie Hat and Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters which were both PC copies) so I have no other real lettered to compare it to. I also won't have the slipcased edition to compare it to. But I will say, I was shocked to see the lettered Listener on eBay with a BIN price of $250.

Comment

Working...
                                X