Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Listener by Robert McCammon

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Thanks to Rich, I got the chance to read an advance review copy of this a few weeks ago. It was my favorite book of last year. McCammon never disappoints, but this is him at the height of his remarkable power. It's an exceptional read.

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Thanks to Rich, I got the chance to read an advance review copy of this a few weeks ago. It was my favorite book of last year. McCammon never disappoints, but this is him at the height of his remarkable power. It's an exceptional read.
    I love it when I go all in on a preorder and then everyone absolutely raves about the book. Not that McCammon is ever a gamble. I cannot wait to read this. I'll have to reread Swan Song in the meantime.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    I passed on this book initially. After reading Mr. Burkes review on Goodreads CD found they had a few of the limited available and offered them to the CDCC. I jumped on it based primarily on Mr. Burkes review.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I passed on this book initially. After reading Mr. Burkes review on Goodreads CD found they had a few of the limited available and offered them to the CDCC. I jumped on it based primarily on Mr. Burkes review.
    I'll be surprised if you don't love it!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I'm really looking forward to it. Despite having read Stinger back in the 80s, McCammon is someone I've re-discovered through this forum. I am working my way through some of his books (almost finished Swan song) and have loved them so far. I have so many to go!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I’m pretty excited about this one as well. Mr. Burke’s endorsement only makes me more impatient to get this in my hands.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Having read the ARC, I can say that everyone's excitement about THE LISTENER is well-founded. How fortunate we are that McCammon is still knocking it out of the park at this point in his career. This book grabs you from the first paragraph and doesn't let go.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Hey guys, just wanted to drop a quick update on this one. Essentially what it comes down to is that the printer has been telling us for almost 2 weeks that our books are shipping, but they haven't actually shipped yet. It's possible they are in transit now, but I just don't know for sure. These are on the top of the shipping list, so we'll be turning them around as quickly as possible once they are here. Sorry for the hold up.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to drop a quick update on this one. Essentially what it comes down to is that the printer has been telling us for almost 2 weeks that our books are shipping, but they haven't actually shipped yet. It's possible they are in transit now, but I just don't know for sure. These are on the top of the shipping list, so we'll be turning them around as quickly as possible once they are here. Sorry for the hold up.
    Does this include the Lettered or Limited editions? I imagine I'll still have to wait on the tray case to be made.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Does this include the Lettered or Limited editions? I imagine I'll still have to wait on the tray case to be made.
    Correct, the slipcases and traycases will require additional time.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Books to Benefit: http://www.BooksToBenefit.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    My Official Writing Website: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Books are here. Should start shipping tomorrow. I expect it to go pretty quickly though.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Inmate
    Got my copy from Alabama Booksmith today. Also got Headhunter.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I got two separate shipping notices for the trade edition. I’m hoping it’s an error and one is really the limited.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour goathunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I got two separate shipping notices for the trade edition. I’m hoping it’s an error and one is really the limited.
    It's not the limited. The slipcases for the limiteds still have to be created.

EDIT: I see that Brian stated that earlier in the thread.

Hunter
    Last edited by goathunter; 03-02-2018 at 02:29 AM.

I remember that now. Thanks.

Do wonder why I got two different notices. Maybe it’s to make up for the occasional shipment that just arrives with no notice. Hmmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    It's not the limited. The slipcases for the limiteds still have to be created.

EDIT: I see that Brian stated that earlier in the thread.

Hunter

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I remember that now. Thanks.

Do wonder why I got two different notices. Maybe it’s to make up for the occasional shipment that just arrives with no notice. Hmmmm ...
    If you indeed receive two copies of the trade edition, and would be interested in a trade, let me know. I just redid my shelving and I have quite a stack of books that I could offer up to swap. I have the SST edition on order, but am tired of waiting and would just really like to read the thing.

Will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    If you indeed receive two copies of the trade edition, and would be interested in a trade, let me know. I just redid my shelving and I have quite a stack of books that I could offer up to swap. I have the SST edition on order, but am tired of waiting and would just really like to read the thing.

Well I did in fact receive two copies. I’m not sure how I messed that up but I did, so let me know and let’s see if we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Great! Sending you a PM shortly.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Any word on the progress of the slipcases for the signed/limited edition of The Listener?