No announcement yet.

The Listener by Robert McCammon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books are here. Should start shipping tomorrow. I expect it to go pretty quickly though.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Got my copy from Alabama Booksmith today. Also got Headhunter.

Comment

I got two separate shipping notices for the trade edition. I’m hoping it’s an error and one is really the limited.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          I got two separate shipping notices for the trade edition. I’m hoping it’s an error and one is really the limited.
          It's not the limited. The slipcases for the limiteds still have to be created.

EDIT: I see that Brian stated that earlier in the thread.

Hunter
          Last edited by goathunter; 03-02-2018, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I remember that now. Thanks.

Do wonder why I got two different notices. Maybe it’s to make up for the occasional shipment that just arrives with no notice. Hmmmm ...

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
            It's not the limited. The slipcases for the limiteds still have to be created.

EDIT: I see that Brian stated that earlier in the thread.

Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              I remember that now. Thanks.

Do wonder why I got two different notices. Maybe it’s to make up for the occasional shipment that just arrives with no notice. Hmmmm ...
              If you indeed receive two copies of the trade edition, and would be interested in a trade, let me know. I just redid my shelving and I have quite a stack of books that I could offer up to swap. I have the SST edition on order, but am tired of waiting and would just really like to read the thing.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Will do!!

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                If you indeed receive two copies of the trade edition, and would be interested in a trade, let me know. I just redid my shelving and I have quite a stack of books that I could offer up to swap. I have the SST edition on order, but am tired of waiting and would just really like to read the thing.

Comment

Well I did in fact receive two copies. I’m not sure how I messed that up but I did, so let me know and let’s see if we can work something out.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Comment

Great! Sending you a PM shortly.

Comment

Any word on the progress of the slipcases for the signed/limited edition of The Listener?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman
                        Still on schedule for early summer!
                        I didn't know the approximate ETA. Good to know. Thanks!

Comment

Finished THE LISTENER; I liked it very much. I don't know that I'd say it lived up the pre-pub hype, but I think it did so better than THE BORDER and I thought it was quite good...really enjoyed it. I'd label it mid-grade McCammon, better than some of his others, not quite up to par with his classics (e.g. WOLF'S HOUR, SWAN SONG, BOY'S LIFE, et al).

Comment

I need to read The Wolf's Hour, so many TBRs!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                              I need to read The Wolf's Hour, so many TBRs!
                              WOLF’S HOUR is so good. That and SWAN SONG are his best.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                WOLF’S HOUR is so good. That and SWAN SONG are his best.
                                OK, I feel like I'm in a safe space here so I will go ahead and admit....I haven't read Swan Song yet either. Please don't judge!

Comment

Working...
                                X