Mr. Mercedes Season Two:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Mercedes Season Two:

Mr. Mercedes has been renewed for a second season.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/10/mr-merce...ewed-season-2/

Good news. Though I thought that the trilogy deteriorated with each successive book!
    For me, the 1st season has improved upon the original novel. Hopefully they'll do the same with future seasons.

Comment

That's good news. We (wife and I) have really enjoyed the first 9 eps of season 1.
      I too thought the book series deteriorated. FK was ok, but EOW was just silly. I'm prepared to suspend my disbelief as much as anyone, but EOW was hard to swallow.
      It will be good to see Brady again though. Harry Treadaway's characterisation is very, very good, and of course, Brendan Gleeson is wonderful.
      Dennis Lehane on the writing team is a plus, on the whole, I think it's a quality production. And as I understand it, it's made by a phone company.

The biggest problem with the series for me is the travesty of plastic surgery on Mary Louise Parker. Her face looks ridiculous! Like nothing found in nature. I always enjoyed her performances but it's hard to get past that philtrum.

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
        That's good news. We (wife and I) have really enjoyed the first 9 eps of season 1.
        I too thought the book series deteriorated. FK was ok, but EOW was just silly. I'm prepared to suspend my disbelief as much as anyone, but EOW was hard to swallow.
        I had exactly the same problem with End of Watch. The suicide inducing gaming device was silly. The book seemed like a retread of King's earlier works. A bit of Carrie's telekinesis, technology run amok from Cell and various others.
        It'll be interesting to see if they make any major changes to this one for the 3rd season.

Comment

Interesting views on the series. I see where you are coming from but do not share your complete views. I loved Mr. Mercedes, While it was OK I did not particularly care for Finders Keepers and while I found End of Watch rather formulaic I still rather enjoyed it.

Comment

Anyone watching this? We have been recording it but hadn't started watching yet.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Anyone watching this? We have been recording it but hadn't started watching yet.
              Wish I was. I do not have subscription so I must wait. Really enjoyed season one though.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Wish I was. I do not have subscription so I must wait. Really enjoyed season one though.
                Same here.

Comment

We will probably start watching this in a week or two. I'm not great at reviews but if I remember I will come back in here when we are done. I will spoiler the review if I end up getting to one.

Comment

No review but I am loving season 2. I think it is a strong show.

Comment

Anyone watched all of season 2? Loved the 1st season but really disliked the King sequels. From what I've read the second season seems to be an adaptation of the 3rd book.
                      Does the supernatural element work in the TV series?

Comment

It is an adaption of book 3.

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                        Anyone watched all of season 2? Loved the 1st season but really disliked the King sequels. From what I've read the second season seems to be an adaptation of the 3rd book.
                        Does the supernatural element work in the TV series?

Comment

Now I am really confused. Mr. Mercedes has been renewed for a third season. If season 2 had been Finders Keepers that would make perfect sense. Since season 2 was book 3 what do they do now? Will season 3 cover book 2? Will season 3 cover The Outsider which is kind of book 4?

Comment

I am unsure...Unless I have completely confused the books it appears season 2 more or less combined books 2 and 3.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Now I am really confused. Mr. Mercedes has been renewed for a third season. If season 2 had been Finders Keepers that would make perfect sense. Since season 2 was book 3 what do they do now? Will season 3 cover book 2? Will season 3 cover The Outsider which is kind of book 4?

Comment

Lilja's Library is reporting that season 3 will be based on book 3. I will have to watch season 2 to figure if it was book 2 or some hybrid.

Comment

Working...
                              X