No announcement yet.

Mr. Mercedes Season Two:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 is a loose adaptation of the 3rd book, End Of Watch. It doesn't contain any of the main plot of book 2. There may be minor elements taken from book 2 like the private detective agency that Hodges and Holly set up but nothing major.

It was watchable enough though nowhere near the level of the excellent 1st season.
    If you didn't mind Brady going from a very human psychopath into an almost supernatural character then you may enjoy it more than I did.
    I found the mind controlling storyline ludicrous in book form and just as dumb when adapted.

I'd like to see the tv show going in its own direction. The Hodges and Holly characters are interesting enough to exist outside of King's trilogy.
    Last edited by Ranger; 11-29-2018, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
      Season 2 is a loose adaptation of the 3rd book, End Of Watch. It doesn't contain any of the main plot of book 2. There may be minor elements taken from book 2 like the private detective agency that Hodges and Holly set up but nothing major.

It was watchable enough though nowhere near the level of the excellent 1st season.
      If you didn't mind Brady going from a very human psychopath into an almost supernatural character then you may enjoy it more than I did.
      I found the mind controlling storyline ludicrous in book form and just as dumb when adapted.

I'd like to see the tv show going in its own direction. The Hodges and Holly characters are interesting enough to exist outside of King's trilogy.
      I wonder if Lilja's post is inaccurate as it sounds like book three has been covered. The Brady supernatural element in book three was off putting for me as well. Didn't hate it but it did detract from the story for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I wonder if Lilja's post is inaccurate as it sounds like book three has been covered. The Brady supernatural element in book three was off putting for me as well. Didn't hate it but it did detract from the story for me.
        Yeah, he's definitely mistaken. I think the show's producer said that they wouldn't adapt book 2 because the main characters didn't show up till half way through the story.
        So, unless they decide to jump back to book 2 and dramatically rewrite the story they'll presumably go in a completely different direction for season 3.

Comment

Working...
        X