Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of selling: Salems Lot, Signed and Numbered Limited Edition, Centipede Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of selling: Salems Lot, Signed and Numbered Limited Edition, Centipede Press

So, I bought this book 10 or 11 years ago, I think it might have been towards the end of 2006 or so. I've never taken it out of the shrink wrap it came in, it sat on display in my "man cave" out of the sun (curtains drawn) with the rest of my books for years.

It's one of 300 signed limited editions of Salem's Lot by Centipede Press signed and numbered in black ink. I don't remember what number it is, like I said, it's still shrink wrapped, but if I got a good offer, I can remove the shrink wrap to take some pics of the title page before we finalize things.

I'm currently overseas, so can't take pictures of the book right now, but I'll be back stateside November 1st. I'll be in San Antonio if anyone is within driving distance that is interested, not sure how we would do this if it has to be shipped (payment and what not), paypal I guess would be best.

Anyways, just trying to gauge if there is some interest in the book here, otherwise I may just put it on ebay after I get back.

Thanks, Let me know,

Michael.

I wish I had the money for this. That's a hell of a book.

Comment

Not an easy book to keep dust-free. That was a big reason I sold mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
        I wish I had the money for this. That's a hell of a book.

If/When I put it on Ebay, I'll try to remember to come back here and let folks know, I'll put it as an auction, not a "buy it now" so who knows what it will sell at, but from what I've seen, probably at least 2K.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmoose View Post
          If/When I put it on Ebay, I'll try to remember to come back here and let folks know, I'll put it as an auction, not a "buy it now" so who knows what it will sell at, but from what I've seen, probably at least 2K.
          I think mine went for 2k or 2,200. Something like that. Good luck!

Comment

Definitely let us know. I have the unsigned slipcased version with the additional photo prints. I'd love to get one of the low numbers bound in leather, but I bet those are worth a fortune now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              Definitely let us know. I have the unsigned slipcased version with the additional photo prints. I'd love to get one of the low numbers bound in leather, but I bet those are worth a fortune now.
              Will for sure, I need to open it up when I get back stateside so I know what number it is. Like I said I bought it years ago and never opened it, but if memory serves, I bought one of the black numbered ones (1 of 300).

On www.stevenkingcollector.com, it says one of those is worth around: current value $2200 - $2,600 black ink

Says the Red numbered ones are $4,250 - $5,000 red ink

and the Roman Numeral ones are $7,500 - $8,500

Pretty crazy prices, Looking online, I see one sold recently on ebay (within the last 60 days) for 2,000 but it looks like the guy did a buy it now, not an auction.

I found one on abe books I think listed for 2,700

and there's another one on ebay listed for buy it now for about 5,000 (it says it's just one of the 300 black numbered, so I think this guy is just shooting for the moon)

If I list it, I'll probably have the auction end early December, just in time for Christmas in case any of your wives need to get you a Christmas present, lol.

Hate to sell it, I'm a huge Stephen King fan, but could use the money more than the book right now.

Comment

Will for sure, I need to open it up when I get back stateside so I know what number it is. Like I said I bought it years ago and never opened it, but if memory serves, I bought one of the black numbered ones (1 of 300).

On www.stevenkingcollector.com, it says one of those is worth around: current value $2200 - $2,600 black ink

Says the Red numbered ones are $4,250 - $5,000 red ink

and the Roman Numeral ones are $7,500 - $8,500

Pretty crazy prices, Looking online, I see one sold recently on ebay (within the last 60 days) for 2,000 but it looks like the guy did a buy it now, not an auction.

I found one on abe books I think listed for 2,700

and there's another one on ebay listed for buy it now for about 5,000 (it says it's just one of the 300 black numbered, so I think this guy is just shooting for the moon)

If I list it, I'll probably have the auction end early December, just in time for Christmas in case any of your wives need to get you a Christmas present, lol.

Hate to sell it, I'm a huge Stephen King fan, but could use the money more than the book right now.
                There is a big demand out there for that book. I think your strategy is sound. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

Working...
                X