Strange Weather by Joe Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Keep in mind the S/L edition CD did of FLOATING DRAGON was actually the second such S/L of that book...Underwood Miller did it first, with great cover art by Diane and Leo Dillon. SHADOWLAND has also had a S/L produced...this one from Gauntlet Press. So S/Ls of those books are already out in the wild, for those who want them.
    I think I still have the UM edition of Floating Dragon, but it was an ugly cover.

Comment

Keep in mind the S/L edition CD did of FLOATING DRAGON was actually the second such S/L of that book...Underwood Miller did it first, with great cover art by Diane and Leo Dillon. SHADOWLAND has also had a S/L produced...this one from Gauntlet Press. So S/Ls of those books are already out in the wild, for those who want them.
      A limited of Ghost Story was published by Hill House in 1984 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        I think I still have the UM edition of Floating Dragon, but it was an ugly cover.
        Really? I've always thought that was one of the better djs that's come out in our genre...didn't have much to do with the story (as I recall), but is very evocative and memorable (for me, at least).

Martin: Yep, Hill House did GS. I'm fortunate enough to have several S/Ls of Straub's: GHOST STORY (Hill House), FLOATING DRAGON (Underwood-Miller), and SHADOWLAND (Gauntlet Press), along with IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW (Centipede).

Centipede is supposed to have JULIA out soon, though I don't know if I'm going to be pick it up or not. While I still have a lot of affection for the Straub tomes of my earlier genre reading (GHOST STORY, FLOATING DRAGON, SHADOWLAND, TALISMAN) and I was a faithful reader of hiw work for quite some time, my affinity for Straub's work has diminished over the years, and I think the last new work of his I picked up was MR. X in 1999.

Edit: Sorry, just realized this Straub talk was a pretty major thread drift from Joe Hill's project.
        Last edited by RonClinton; 09-29-2017, 04:53 PM.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have and love the Ghost Story from Hill House, but I would love a nice oversized edition.

Comment

Centipede is supposed to have JULIA out soon, though I don't know if I'm going to be pick it up or not. While I still have a lot of affection for the Straub tomes of my earlier genre reading (GHOST STORY, FLOATING DRAGON, SHADOWLAND, TALISMAN) and I was a faithful reader of hiw work for quite some time, my affinity for Straub's work has diminished over the years, and I think the last new work of his I picked up was MR. X in 1999.
            How would you rank FLOATING DRAGON? I bought the CD limited but it's languished on my TBR pile.

Comment

Is this now a Straub S/L thread

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                How would you rank FLOATING DRAGON? I bought the CD limited but it's languished on my TBR pile.
                I know the question wasn't asked of me, but I'll chime anyways.

FLOATING DRAGON is my second favorite Straub book behind GHOST STORY. It's weird and strange and, in my opinion, immensely readable. His work during this period was more accessible than his more recent work. I still regret not picking up the lettered CD edition when I had the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  Is this now a Straub S/L thread
                  Yeah, I kinda derailed this thread. Sorry, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

FLOATING DRAGON is my second favorite Straub book behind GHOST STORY. It's weird and strange and, in my opinion, immensely readable. His work during this period was more accessible than his more recent work.
                    I'd agree with all of this.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

FLOATING DRAGON is my second favorite Straub book behind GHOST STORY. It's weird and strange and, in my opinion, immensely readable. His work during this period was more accessible than his more recent work. I still regret not picking up the lettered CD edition when I had the chance.
                      That's great! I loved Ghost Story (who didn't?) so I'm happy to see this compared to a work I already like. Thank you for the reviews.

Comment

Yeah, I kinda derailed this thread. Sorry, guys!
                        Maybe Dan can move these posts to a new thread?
                        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

not quite as off-topic: Is CD planning on a slipcase for the trade of Strange Weather? I've loved being able to pick up (fairly) inexpensive slipcases for my trade Stephen King books ... just keeps them looking nicer on my shelf and keeps the dust from my 200-year-old house off of them

Also very excited for the limited of Strange Weather ... nice to get a limited Joe Hill book from CD

Comment

Originally posted by havok View Post
                            not quite as off-topic: Is CD planning on a slipcase for the trade of Strange Weather? I've loved being able to pick up (fairly) inexpensive slipcases for my trade Stephen King books ... just keeps them looking nicer on my shelf and keeps the dust from my 200-year-old house off of them
                            We talked about a slipcase for the trade hardcover for STRANGE WEATHER, but our case maker is so backed up this year that we decided it wouldn't be a good idea to offer it. Some cases are already running months behind, unfortunately!

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by havok View Post

Also very excited for the limited of Strange Weather ... nice to get a limited Joe Hill book from CD
                              My buddy across the pond is making a US and UK slipcase. If you're interested, PM me.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to ordering these books and I am starting to wonder about this one. I ordered but haven't heard anything, when can we expect them to ship? I checked my order status online and it just has the date I ordered it. It doesn't say when it's being shipped or the status. Should I be concerned or are we still waiting for this set to ship?

Comment

Working...
                                X