Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to sell collection

Hello,

I have been a collector of CD and other small press books for several years. Due to recent life events I will be moving and, unfortunately, I can’t take my collection with me. I have about 750 books I’m selling and I want to offer the books to other CD Forum members first.

I have attached a zipped .txt file in csv format for Excel or other spreadsheet application. I have a handful of books not in the file, but it contains the bulk of what I have to sell. The notes column lists some details as well as any known issues with the book and also the number if it is a numbered edition.

Most of the books are brand new and unread or in fine condition. However, many of them were purchased on the secondary market and some are better than others. All are in Very Good condition or better as far as I am aware, but I’ll inspect each title that there is interest in. (I know that was not a grammatically correct sentence since it ended in a preposition, but I’m a reader not a writer, LOL).

I collected nearly every CD book published (both Trade/Gift and Limited Editions) except some of the rarest titles. I only have a couple of Lettered Editions though. I have about 50 ARCs (all from CD) listed in the spreadsheet.

The only Centipede Press books are paperback except for the very large Knowing Darkness SK illustrations book - It is the Slipcased Trade Edition though and not the even larger Traycased or Deluxe Editions.

I also have Some Subterranean Press and Thunderstorm Books along with a smattering of other small press publishers.

I have not had a chance to research the value of every one of these. There are a few gems like Legacies and Doctor Sleep (both signed by Stephen King), Crane House #1, Four Ghosts, early Laymon titles, etc. and a lot of great titles as well as standard small press fare.

I have multiple copies of some titles due to grab bag purchases and such, so don’t be surprised if I throw in another item along with the one(s) you purchase as well… I need to get all of these out of the house before I move. :-/

I also have a few of the CD Magazine holders and about 25 of the CD magazine issues (mainly the newer ones). I’ll get the exact list if anyone is interested. I have all of the released CD comic books as well.

I have included the hardcover comic collections for a few series, such as The Dark Tower, American Vampire, The Stand, etc. In addition, I also have most of the individual comics for these series as well. Almost all are brand new, bagged and boarded individual copies. Just let me know if you are interested.

Finally, I still have a lot of CD titles on order that will be coming in over the next few years (probably about 50 titles or so). I am not currently ordering anything new, but these are all previously announced titles that are still not published but I have already ordered. For example, I have both the Gift and Artist editions of every one of the Stephen King Doubleday Years titles on order. All of the Artist edition titles already received (Carrie, ‘Salem’s Lot, and The Shining) have been remarqued by Glenn Chadbourne and all 6 of them will have the same number. Please let me know if you are interested in any of these previously announced future titles from CD, because odds are that I have already ordered them and will have one to sell when they are released.

Please DM me and let me know if you are interested in any of these books and we can figure out a fair price that works for everyone.

Thanks!

- Brian

I'm sorry to hear you have to sell your collection Brian. I wish you the best in your future. When I open your file, I find it difficult to read. Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Sad to hear this. I hate to see great collections broken up. Hopefully thing will turnaround for you. The file opens as a string of text in a text file and is very hard to read. You may need to post it without the .txt

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Sad to hear this. I hate to see great collections broken up. Hopefully thing will turnaround for you. The file opens as a string of text in a text file and is very hard to read. You may need to post it without the .txt
        Sorry about that. Here it is with a .csv extension that should be easier to open with Excel or other spreadsheet application.

- Brian

Comment

Originally posted by thelion View Post
          Sorry about that. Here it is with a .csv extension that should be easier to open with Excel or other spreadsheet application.

- Brian

[ATTACH]19950[/ATTACH]
          That is much better. Although I am trying not to spend right now I will still take a look and may get back with you.

Comment

Originally posted by thelion View Post

- Brian

[ATTACH]19950[/ATTACH]
            Very sorry to hear, Brian. Best of luck to you moving forward.

I must not have the correct program. Can't open the file.

Comment

Like Martin, I'm trying hard not to spend right now as my two kids head off to college, but weak man that I am, I did send a PM.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Very sorry to hear, Brian. Best of luck to you moving forward.

I must not have the correct program. Can't open the file.
                I have the list saved off as an excel file. If you PM me your email I will pass it along.

Comment

Brian,
                  Hope your move goes well. I look forward to checking out your collection, hopefully, I can help lighten your load.
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    I have the list saved off as an excel file. If you PM me your email I will pass it along.
                    Thanks, Martin. Brian was kind enough to send it to me via email. Lots of stuff!

Comment

Hi Everybody, I'm sure you've all looked over Brian's list by now, I know I have, I just ordered a few titles from him. Let's make sure we help him out if we can. I had to sell my collection years ago and I know some Y'all have too, so don't pass up this opportunity to help out one of our own and give his orphans a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Hi Everybody, I'm sure you've all looked over Brian's list by now, I know I have, I just ordered a few titles from him. Let's make sure we help him out if we can. I had to sell my collection years ago and I know some Y'all have too, so don't pass up this opportunity to help out one of our own and give his orphans a good home.
                        Agreed! I was still selling off a lot of my collection til recently so I know exactly the boat that Brian is in. I'll be shooting him an email soon for a few requests and quotes.

Comment

Hi Brian, a guy on FB is interested in Poe's Lighthouse - I'll pm you.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am just glad that some of these books are going to be going to places where they will be appreciated.

- Brian

Comment

Hi Brian,
                              Did you get my PM? As a new user that's been lurking for a while before posting, I am not sure that my account privileges allow me to message. As I haven't heard back from you Ithought I would post here.
                              I am very keen on some of your stuff and will be more specific in a PM. Just want to make sure you get it, and I don't miss the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                              X