Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NIGHT SHIFT: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Just to push that button a wee bit more...

Here's a shot of the full set...the one in the middle without a spine title is THE EVERLASTING by Tim Lebbon, and the one on the left end w/out a spine title is F. Paul Wilson's The Peabody- Ozymandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium. NEP didn't do a lettered for every release, so some you may be familiar with are correctly missing.

...and here is another one, by itself on another bookcase top. This one, BERSERK by Tim Lebbon, may be the nicest lettered I've ever seen...certainly the nicest I own. It comes on its own NEP stand, and the face peering out from the car window is striking and plays well to the story within.

The design is innovative...when the "trunk" of the "car" traycase is lifted up, the taillights go on. You can lock the "trunk" with the key that you can see peeking out from underneath the stand.

Cool stuff. I think a new collection thread is in order!

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Thanks for posting this Ron. I was out of the office sick the past 2 days. I have re-purposed your post for the official discussion thread.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Yes, sorry about the severe thread drift.

Yes, sorry about the severe thread drift.
    No worries. I just hijacked it for the official thread instead of making a new one and confusing things.

Twitter - Twitch.tv

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Ron What is under She Loves Monsters? Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    That's the lettered edition of SHE LOVES MONSTERS by Simon Clark. The book is centered around a film, hence the themed film-canister metal traycase. Next to the lettered BERSERK that I showed earlier, SHE LOVES MONSTERS is likely the second coolest lettered that NEP released.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    That's the lettered edition of SHE LOVES MONSTERS by Simon Clark. The book is centered around a film, hence the themed film-canister metal traycase. Next to the lettered BERSERK that I showed earlier, SHE LOVES MONSTERS is likely the second coolest lettered that NEP released.
    NEP is no longer releasing books-Right? Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    So that Beserk lettered is so stinking awesome... You have officially broken my jealousy button...

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    NEP is no longer releasing books-Right? Cap
    Unfortunately, they are not.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I was v happy that I was able to get in on the initial offer of the whole series not long after Carrie was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I was v happy that I was able to get in on the initial offer of the whole series not long after Carrie was announced.
    I wish I had been able to afford that offer when it was announced. It was a great deal since it was based off the price of Carrie and the subsequent books have been priced slightly higher. I'm sure that The Stand will even higher in price due to the sheer size of the book.

Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    I passed on that offer because I didn't want all of them, particularly Carrie, lol! But the one's I have picked up, I've been very happy with, that's for sure.

Junior Member Part-timer
    Is there any production update on this book. Not sure if I missed any email or announcements in between, so I checked the website and it says there would be an update in July but there is nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WebInterceptor View Post
    Is there any production update on this book. Not sure if I missed any email or announcements in between, so I checked the website and it says there would be an update in July but there is nothing about it.
    I'm pretty sure we sent an email in June or July, and I know we've talked about it on here (I just can't find where right now). Both this and Sleeping Beauties were at the same printer, but that printer unexpectedly shut down. This has forced Sleeping Beauties and Night Shift to our other printer, who's schedule was unfortunately full so this has delayed things a bit. They have to work through the projects we already had rolling before they can start on the new stuff. I don't think we have any estimations yet on this or Sleeping Beauties, but we're really hoping SB will be rolling soon.

Twitter - Twitch.tv

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    And we WILL send another email update as soon as we have firm news. We don't want to give our estimates that we're not 100% sure of at this point. We want to give you the confirmed dates from our vendors once we have those. Thanks for your patience!

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Books to Benefit: http://www.BooksToBenefit.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    My Official Writing Website: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    And we WILL send another email update as soon as we have firm news. We don't want to give our estimates that we're not 100% sure of at this point. We want to give you the confirmed dates from our vendors once we have those. Thanks for your patience!

Brian
    Delays happen. Thank you Brian and the rest of the CD staff for all of your hard work!

Junior Member Part-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Delays happen. Thank you Brian and the rest of the CD staff for all of your hard work!
    I was just asking. Thank you though for the information. Hope to see that book soon.

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    And not all delays are equal. A delay from CD doesn't fill me with dread the way a delay from certain other publishers would.
    Last edited by jeffingoff; 09-11-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    And not all delays are equal. A delay from CD doesn't fill me with dread the way a delay would from certain other publishers would.
    Actually, it DOES fill me with a little dread, because it gives them more time to decide, "Brad is not worthy of this title!!! He shall NOT receive one!!!"

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Actually, it DOES fill me with a little dread, because it gives them more time to decide, "Brad is not worthy of this title!!! He shall NOT receive one!!!"
    Oh we've been discussing this very issue at length over on the WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT BRAD? thread that's been hidden from you since BJF started it in May of 2011.