No announcement yet.

The Dark Tower Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone who has only read the first book in The Dark Tower series and wasn't swept away, I can say that I am actually pretty interested in seeing this movie. Idris Elba is a fantastic actor and McConaughey is fantastic when given the right role. Count me in on checking this out. Though if I had to pick only one upcoming film adaptation, the trailers for It have been looking pretty darn good...

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      As someone who has only read the first book in The Dark Tower series and wasn't swept away, I can say that I am actually pretty interested in seeing this movie. Idris Elba is a fantastic actor and McConaughey is fantastic when given the right role. Count me in on checking this out. Though if I had to pick only one upcoming film adaptation, the trailers for It have been looking pretty darn good...
      That was kinda how I felt about The Gunslinger initially as well. It took me forever to get through it. Once I got past it though and onto the next book in the series, I burned through the rest of them super quickly. I really should re-read them it's been awhile and I've only ever read them the once. It does look great, but I'm a wimp.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I absolutely loved The Gunslinger, but still haven't touched the rest of the series.

Comment

The movie looks better then I was expecting. I haven't been to a movie in the theater in over a decade. So I won't be going to see this. That being said the new It might be the movie that brings me back to the theater.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
            I absolutely loved The Gunslinger, but still haven't touched the rest of the series.
            Paul!!! You're missing out on some of the best books king wrote.
            What are you waiting for??!!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51
              Paul!!
              You're missing out on some of the best books King wrote.
              What are you waiting for??!!

sk
              Drawing of the Three and Wizard and Glass were my favorites of the DT series.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                YES. And I thought Wolves was a pointless addition to the series.

Also, I loved The Wind Through the Keyhole. Even though my Grant edition was bound like crap!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  YES. And I thought Wolves was a pointless addition to the series.

Also, I loved The Wind Through the Keyhole. Even though my Grant edition was bound like crap!

Wind was not out when I read the series. Have to get to it.

Comment

Mine as well, together with The Waste Lands

sk

Comment

Wind was not out when I read the series. Have to get to it.
                      Grant STILL has artist editions available. Maybe because they were bound like crap. But who knows, you might get lucky: https://secure.grantbooks.com/produc...eyhole-artist/

I LOVE the Jae Lee art in this edition.

But even if you don't get the Grant edition, it is definitely worth a read.

Comment

The reviews are in and it's not looking too good.

Comment

I have most of these in paperback and just haven't gotten around to them. I'll keep an open mind about the movie.

Comment

I was afraid of that.

There was an article in Variety (might be wrong) that discussed some of the trouble during filming - how three different parties (including King) had veto power and once something was vetoed it was dead. Explains why there has been next to nothing in terms of advertisements.

Now to decide if I see this in the theater or wait for Redbox (or Netflix.)

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                            The reviews are in and it's not looking too good.

Comment

The reviews are not good. 21% on Rotten Tomatoes is showing that critics are not thrilled with this movie. I'll save any judgment until I see it, which I'm sure I eventually will.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                                The reviews are not good. 21% on Rotten Tomatoes is showing that critics are not thrilled with this movie. I'll save any judgment until I see it, which I'm sure I eventually will.
                                They've actually improved since I went to Rotten Tomatoes. When I saw the number it was 18%

Comment

Working...
                                X