No announcement yet.

BIRD BOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For literal years Chris crowed about all the time and effort DRP was putting into packaging books, but I haven't heard a peep about this switch to Amazon Logistics.

I've still got two books preordered and I hope that the specialty nature of them (Laymon books with special slipcases) means that they get the personal treatment and not punted off to Amazon.

Edit: Wait, three books - can't forget about I am the Abyss.

Comment

Any guesses what DRP means by the website today? Balance will be restored. Are they talking about sending my replacement copy of BIRD BOX. Seems a bit much to dedicate the website to it, but whatevs.

https://darkregions.com/

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
        For literal years Chris crowed about all the time and effort DRP was putting into packaging books, but I haven't heard a peep about this switch to Amazon Logistics.

I've still got two books preordered and I hope that the specialty nature of them (Laymon books with special slipcases) means that they get the personal treatment and not punted off to Amazon.

Edit: Wait, three books - can't forget about I am the Abyss.
        I can't really speak to their business, but I know they are a pretty small operation over there. Even smaller than we are (I think), my guess would be that they are just having trouble keeping up, as those order fulfillment services are almost always more expensive than just doing it yourself. The advantage is that they can usually do it faster.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          Any guesses what DRP means by the website today? Balance will be restored. Are they talking about sending my replacement copy of BIRD BOX. Seems a bit much to dedicate the website to it, but whatevs.

Maybe, from reading Dan's post above, they are going to start packaging their own stuff again. Not very cost effective when they have to start replacing their product due to poor packaging.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            Maybe, from reading Dan's post above, they are going to start packaging their own stuff again. Not very cost effective when they have to start replacing their product due to poor packaging.
            Chris has led me to believe that they do both. My guess is they pack their own stuff for day to day orders / when they sell other publisher titles, and they use Amazon or some other fulfillment service for the bulk stuff when they are filling preorders and what not. No idea though all of this is just an educated guess. As far as what's going on on their website, I'd just assume it's a teaser for some book announcement that's coming.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              Chris has led me to believe that they do both. My guess is they pack their own stuff for day to day orders / when they sell other publisher titles, and they use Amazon or some other fulfillment service for the bulk stuff when they are filling preorders and what not. No idea though all of this is just an educated guess. As far as what's going on on their website, I'd just assume it's a teaser for some book announcement that's coming.
              I'm thinking the same about the teaser after reading email.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Balance will indeed be restored when you get your limited edition in mint condition. They are letting everyone know how important your reviews have become. Without those DRP will probably crash and burn.

Comment

I think it’s a teaser as well. (Even if it isn’t, I think we need to pretend it is to keep Jeff’s ego in check. All the YouTube is starting to go to his head )

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    I think it’s a teaser as well. (Even if it isn’t, I think we need to pretend it is to keep Jeff’s ego in check. All the YouTube is starting to go to his head )
                    Agreed. I've heard he's looking for a deal with Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      LOL! Rumor on the street is he woke up filming in his car and couldn't remember how he got there.

Comment

All I know is I'm going to get the authors to unbox with me in a boxing ring. So when I get CD's edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, Stephen King will meet me in a ring where I will open the shipment and then fight him for three rounds. The series will be called (UN)BOXING. It'll be on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          Hey, if he can get them to pick up Hap and Leonard in the process I will watch his show!

Comment

LOL! Rumor on the street is he woke up filming in his car and couldn't remember how he got there.

Comment

Since this is the age of remakes, They could do a "Taken" movie remake with Jeff's bird box being damaged and him yelling on the phone from his car "I do have a very particular set of skills. If you do not send the replacement, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you !!!!"
                              Last edited by WebInterceptor; 09-25-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                                Since this is the age of remakes, They could do a "Taken" movie remake with Jeff's bird box being damaged and him yelling phone from his car "I do have a very particular set of skills. If you do not send the replacement, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you !!!!"
                                LMAO!! He does carry around a pretty big freakin' knife.

Comment

Working...
                                X