BIRD BOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    All I know is I'm going to get the authors to unbox with me in a boxing ring. So when I get CD's edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, Stephen King will meet me in a ring where I will open the shipment and then fight him for three rounds. The series will be called (UN)BOXING. It'll be on Netflix.
    Careful what you wish for. Remember that one was written by two people and they are both over 6'4". You are going down!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Careful what you wish for. Remember that one was written by two people and they are both over 6'4". You are going down!
      We're still in pre-production and fine tuning the pilot. I might get a famous boxer to stand in for me.

Comment

You guys kill me, LOL.

Comment

We're still in pre-production and fine tuning the pilot. I might get a famous boxer to stand in for me.
          "fine tuning the pilot"??? That's not a euphemism, is it??

Comment

Saw it I am baffled. It's like highschool lunch all over again. Sitting by myself and not knowing what is going on.

Any guesses what DRP means by the website today? Balance will be restored. Are they talking about sending my replacement copy of BIRD BOX. Seems a bit much to dedicate the website to it, but whatevs.

https://darkregions.com/
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I've read the book and seen the movie. Is this DRP version worth picking up? The 75 price point is probably what's stopping me. 40-50 and I think I'd grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                I've read the book and seen the movie. Is this DRP version worth picking up? The 75 price point is probably what's stopping me. 40-50 and I think I'd grab it.
                I'm still finishing up the ebook, but I have the DRP edition and it's really a great looking book. Plus, Glenn Chadbourne's art is, as usual, without compare. It's well worth the bump from the $40-$50 range.

Comment

Side note. I assume the remaining copies won't last with all of the attention from the movie crowd.

Comment

If you liked the movie and loved the book I would say yes. As an investment I'm not sure it will go very far but it fits great on my shelf.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The DRP edition is gorgeous. It's signed and limited to 500. It comes with a new BIRD BOX short story. And Malerman's new afterword offers a great insight into the inspiration of the story. I think it's now a book that's had a larger cultural impact with the movie and it will increase in value over time. Maybe not enormously, but we'll see what Malerman does with his career. Already I see there are people hunting down GOBLIN which is the sold out Malerman book that Earthling published. I would grab a copy while they remain.

Of course I already have one and a Lettered on the way.

Comment

I have the book. And it is a beautiful book. It's a lower price than some Subterranean Press book, and it has nothing to envy. The difference is prestige. Bird Box has a beautiful design, beautiful illustrations, wide margins, and an attractive typography. Details that I would like Dark Reigns Press to repeat in another new book (if it's Sci-Fi, I'll be happy). In my opinion Bird Box has not been rated as it should have been, it must have been out of print a long time ago. I love some Subterranean press books and I love Bird Box by Dark Reigns Press.

Comment

I probably sold my copy of GOBLIN too early…with his increased profile due to Netflix’ BIRD BOX (which I thought was meh), I’d certainly get more now than I did then, and perhaps even more a bit more as time goes on. Most here know I’m not much of a fan of Malerman, but I’d still like to give BIRD BOX (the book) another try...though it might just be my love of that S/L dustjacket talking.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            I probably sold my copy of GOBLIN too early…with his increased profile due to Netflix’ BIRD BOX (which I thought was meh), I’d certainly get more now than I did then, and perhaps even more a bit more as time goes on. Most here know I’m not much of a fan of Malerman, but I’d still like to give BIRD BOX (the book) another try...though it might just be my love of that S/L dustjacket talking.
                            There are really great design elements throughout. And the Chadbourne art is some of his best in my opinion.

Comment

There are really great design elements throughout. And the Chadbourne art is some of his best in my opinion.
                              Agreed, but I can't think of a single book that featured Glenn's artwork where he didn't do an amazing job. Especially Secretary of Dreams 1 & 2.

Comment

Been debating whether or not to pick up this book as well. I really enjoyed the movie having not read the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X