Thread: BIRD BOX

Hybrid View

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar

BIRD BOX

Today is either Bird Box launch day from Dark Regions or Amazon Prime Day. Whichever gets you more excited.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Not an Amazon Prime guy so I guess I'll be more excited about Bird Box. I'm just waiting for Dark Regions to send me my gift certificate from their Kickstarter campaign. They said it should be this week. I hope the lettered holds out that long. Currently 16 copies left. Crossing those fingers...

Did you pull the trigger on Bird Box?

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Did you pull the trigger on Bird Box?
    Yeah. I snatched the numbered. I'm a little disappointed that there's no slipcase, but not too upset because the price is good for a small print run. I was going to get the lettered, but I couldn't stretch that far right now.

I was surprised there wasn't a slipcase either. Probably DRP didn't think the price point with the slipcase would move the book, though that would put it in line with their limited of Off Season.

Congratulations on picking up the limited! The ONLY reason I'll be able to swing for a lettered (if it's still available) will because of the gift certificate. If not, it would--and might still be--a limited. I want to buy all kinds of lettered editions but my budget brings me back down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I was surprised there wasn't a slipcase either. Probably DRP didn't think the price point with the slipcase would move the book, though that would put it in line with their limited of Off Season.

Congratulations on picking up the limited! The ONLY reason I'll be able to swing for a lettered (if it's still available) will because of the gift certificate. If not, it would--and might still be--a limited. I want to buy all kinds of lettered editions but my budget brings me back down to earth.
    I was guessing that maybe they didn't want the slipcase to add to the production time. DRP seems to be sensitive about making customers wait for their books. Didn't they start a policy about not charging customers for preorders from other publishers until they had the books in hand?

I went with the lettered for Off Season. And I'm trying not to regret passing on the lettered here. Trying. But yeah, the Earth just comes rushing up to crash my dreams.

I hope the lettered hold out until you can swing it. I honestly thought both editions would be sold out by now. I'm STILL shocked that there's a lettered remaining for Off Season. So it shows how much I know.

Yeah, DRP did change their policy in regards to advance payment for other publishers' books. They do seem to be responsive to their customers, even when they take a misstep or two. The recent debacle regarding I Am the Abyss is a good example. I think it only took an hour or two for them to retract their modified plans for the book due to customer complaints.

I thought that Bird Box would be selling better as well. There is still 390 of the limited and 12 of the lettered left. Of course, most people are work and whatnot so I guess we'll see what the next couple of days bring. As far as why there is still a lettered Off Season available...I don't know. DRP isn't known for fancy lettered editions and the shift to traycased versus slipcased lettered editions is still relatively new for them. Maybe there is some hesitancy as far as quality? Maybe in resale value?

All I know is that I've also got an eye on that remaining Off Season lettered. We'll see if my plans for lettered domination come to fruition.