Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    The DRP site says "..., ten interior illustrations by Glenn Chadbourne"

We are talking about the DRP edition right? That's NOT his art?
    I believe that Ron was referring to The Shining and Dan was answering that point. Seems we're getting off track with our discussion about Bird Box.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I believe that Ron was referring to The Shining and Dan was answering that point. Seems we're getting off track with our discussion about Bird Box.
      Ah, got it. Thanks Jeff. I knew I voted against kicking you off the board for a reason.

Damn, what was the reason ?!?!?!?!

Comment

Correct.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Ah, got it. Thanks Jeff. I knew I voted against kicking you off the board for a reason.

Damn, what was the reason ?!?!?!?!
          Every Forum created after 2012 instituted the NO JEFFs charter that prevents me from joining. It's standard in the messaging community now.

Comment

Every Forum created after 2012 instituted the NO JEFFs charter that prevents me from joining. It's standard in the messaging community now.
            2012. Good times.

Comment

Update on Malorie:

Hi there, Tim, we are currently in pre-production phase with Malorie and expect printing to start later this summer. We are looking realistically at an August/September preorder date range due to our new policy of only offering public preorders once the printer has told us they are officially printing the pages. Thank you for your patience and watch for upcoming updates in our free e-mail newsletter at darkregions.com/newsletter and on social media. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I’m hoping lettered editions will be available. I missed out on the first super duper early preorder. I’d like to match my copy of BIRD BOX.

Comment

I see DRP is doing some pre-order, mystery box, pay for this upfront, garbage with Malorie. I own #19 of Bird Box from them and I am starting to feel like I will not be able to match that with Malorie.

I hate this format. If you own a business there is risk and reward. Not reward only.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    I see DRP is doing some pre-order, mystery box, pay for this upfront, garbage with Malorie. I own #19 of Bird Box from them and I am starting to feel like I will not be able to match that with Malorie.

I hate this format. If you own a business there is risk and reward. Not reward only.
                    I think you're confused as to what they're doing. Essentially they are doing a contest where anyone who buys their "mystery box" (essentially a grab bag) will get entered for a chance to recieve a copy of Malorie as a bonus item. I doubt they'll be giving away more than a handful of copies with for this.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Okay. Well I could certainly be wrong.

I think it's weird that they could offer this, "especially if you ask for it", in this format and not open up pre-orders for the actual book.

They are trying to scoop up money now to fund a promise later.

Maybe I'm just grumpy today.

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

I think you're confused as to what they're doing. Essentially they are doing a contest where anyone who buys their "mystery box" (essentially a grab bag) will get entered for a chance to recieve a copy of Malorie as a bonus item. I doubt they'll be giving away more than a handful of copies with for this.

Comment

I would happily pre-order the actual book with a matching number as a way to support DRP.

Comment

I would happily pre-order the actual book with a matching number as a way to support DRP.

Possibly they are including a copy that they consider a future surplus. Recall that Bird Box sold out after more than a year. I think Malorie will be available to everyone who wants matching numbers. They said they would open the preorder when Malorie is already printed. In my opinion, you shouldn't worry.

Comment

Valid point. Maybe I'm just wanting to order the book because I am itching for a book fix.

Originally posted by Black Miau View Post

Possibly they are including a copy that they consider a future surplus. Recall that Bird Box sold out after more than a year. I think Malorie will be available to everyone who wants matching numbers. They said they would open the preorder when Malorie is already printed. In my opinion, you shouldn't worry.

Comment

I like DRP and they are a local company to me. They have been open about the fact that they are experimenting with marketing strategies including crowd sourcing and odd package deals. I believe they have even made comments on this forum somewhere. At one point I read all their offers to try to see if I wanted to play. I found the offerings so confusing I would have had to create a spreadsheet to decide which level I wanted to participate in. Eventually I basically tuned them out. I do still look at their book offerings trying to find something I want. With the comments on this thread I decided to go read the current offerings. While I find them simpler than the previous offerings I still I remain unwilling to parse them enough to determine if I want in. DRP has stated that their current marketing strategy is working for them and generating revenue. With that I wish them well and hope for continued success, but it is not for me.

Comment

Okay. Well I could certainly be wrong.

I think it's weird that they could offer this, "especially if you ask for it", in this format and not open up pre-orders for the actual book.

They are trying to scoop up money now to fund a promise later.

Maybe I'm just grumpy today.

I don't like to speak ill about publishers, but DRP's mystery boxes always seem sketchy as hell.

And you have to buy TWO of their high-end mystery boxes ($375 a piece) for a CHANCE at one of those premium collectibles (such as Malorie).

And then they ask for a tip when you cash out. Just feels weird...

Comment

Working...
                                X