No announcement yet.

PRAYERS AND SUPPLICATIONS TO THE CEMETERY DANCE GODS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not part of the series, but another Preston & Child that could use the CD treatment would be Thunderhead.

Also along the same lines in terms of genre (science thriller?) would be even some of James Rollins - Excavation was very good! I find it is very close to Relic.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      I thought they were doing the whole Preston and Child series. Also thought there were going to be more Michael Koryta books as well.
      I thought that about Koryta as well.

Comment

HA! I found the old thread that I started where we can ask the almighty forces at CD to make our darkest fantasies come true! So I'll post my question here and delete it from the other thread. Here goes:

Please tell me you all have something from Jeff Strand in the works. I'll have to grab a copy of his Select Series book. I just read his contribution to HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM! and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          HA! I found the old thread that I started where we can ask the almighty forces at CD to make our darkest fantasies come true! So I'll post my question here and delete it from the other thread. Here goes:

Please tell me you all have something from Jeff Strand in the works. I'll have to grab a copy of his Select Series book. I just read his contribution to HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM! and loved it.
          Speaking of HARK!, wasn’t that Scott Smith story great? He writes so little, it was a welcome reminder of how talented he is. That Seanan McGuire story was great as well. As usual, Malerman left me disappointed.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Speaking of HARK!, wasn’t that Scott Smith story great? He writes so little, it was a welcome reminder of how talented he is. That Seanan McGuire story was great as well. As usual, Malerman left me disappointed.
            Hahahahaha I LOVED the Malerman story and the Lansdale story of course. The Scott Smith story was excellent as well. I also loved the Tim Lebbon, Sarah Pinborough, and Sarah Langan contributions! There were a couple I didn't care for (I'm not naming) and some that were just OK. The Seanan McGuire tale was good, too. I was very happy with this book.

Comment

Agreed — one of the better anthologies that I’ve read in some time.

Comment

I’m not familiar with this collection but you’ve all said some magic words and I’m now interested.

Was there any sort of signed version or is there just the trade?

Comment

At a minimum they have the Select Series book from him coming.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/cemete...ff-strand.html

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    I’m not familiar with this collection but you’ve all said some magic words and I’m now interested.

Was there any sort of signed version or is there just the trade?
                    Just a trade paperback.

Comment

Agreed. Jeff is a very nice guy who can write his butt off. Dweller is my favorite from him.

Me and my son were fortunate enough to meet him at a signing in Tampa many years ago.

Edit: Jeff is the good looking one! LOL LOL

JeffStrand.jpg

Last edited by Ben Staad; 01-05-2019, 07:19 PM.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

DWELLER is my favorite Strand as well, and PRESSURE is a close second. I’ve read all his adult fiction (and some of his YA work), and am rarely disappointed...fast-paced, clever and chilling, fun reading.

Comment

Thanks for all the insights, guys! I'm going to have to get DWELLER obviously. And the Select Series collection. I'll have to do both before Paul announces the next Suntup book.

Comment

Jeff Strand is one of my favorite writers. The books mentioned are just reads. As are the short story collections Gleefully Macabre Tales and Dead Clown Barbeque. He is one of the most consistent writers around.

Comment

Has there been a signed limited of Tad Williams "Otherland" series? It may be slightly outdated in regards to technology discussed but still one of my favorites. I will pick up, and read, the entire series every few years. Without looking at the books I'm guessing these started coming out in the early to mid 90's.

Regardless it is still a great journey.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                Has there been a signed limited of Tad Williams "Otherland" series? It may be slightly outdated in regards to technology discussed but still one of my favorites. I will pick up, and read, the entire series every few years. Without looking at the books I'm guessing these started coming out in the early to mid 90's.

Regardless it is still a great journey.
                                Not to my knowledge, but it seems like the exact sort of series Grim Oak might get around to doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X