Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRAYERS AND SUPPLICATIONS TO THE CEMETERY DANCE GODS

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar

PRAYERS AND SUPPLICATIONS TO THE CEMETERY DANCE GODS

Let's put this Forum to work! And let's make it work for the fans! (It doesn't matter that it already does--I'm rabble-rousing here.)

I thought it would be fun to put ideas or questions to the CD staff and I didn't see any other thread for that purpose.

I'll go first:

DEAR MOST BENEVOLENT AND VENGEFUL CD GODS, are you going to publish anything else by David Wong? I loved John Dies at the End and I was considering This Book is Full of Spiders. But I'd hold on anything CD deemed worthy of publishing.

Amen

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I think there is a 3rd John book coming out in trade hardback this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I think there is a 3rd John book coming out in trade hardback this year.
    There is, in October. Which is sort of what prompted my question. CD skipped the Spiders book, so I'm assuming they're done with Wong. But I am just a mortal. And a fool one at that.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I'm hoping CD will do both Wong books. But I'm also REALLY hoping that CD will give us the rest of The Straw Men series...

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I'm hoping CD will do both Wong books. But I'm also REALLY hoping that CD will give us the rest of The Straw Men series...
    I'm hoping for more Preston/Child books.

If I remember correctly, they are doing Reliquary. I don't know if there will be other books in the series after that, though.

If I remember correctly, they are doing Reliquary. I don't know if there will be other books in the series after that, though.
    I'm really hoping it goes through at least #3, Cabinet of Curiosities. It's easily the best volume.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I'm really hoping it goes through at least #3, Cabinet of Curiosities. It's easily the best volume.
    I haven't read any of the series yet and I've had the limited on the shelf since it was released and an old paperback for a few years before that. My reading has been at a standstill for the last year. I'm making a mid-year resolution to change that. Hopefully I can get to this series sooner rather than later!

Since we're on the topic, still would love to see some limiteds of John Ajvide Lindqvist's books. He's showing up in some anthologies so I've been hoping for an announcement...

Junior Member Visitor

"Let the Right One In" Limited

Since we're on the topic, still would love to see some limiteds of John Ajvide Lindqvist's books. He's showing up in some anthologies so I've been hoping for an announcement...
    I agree. I would love to see a limited edition of "Let the Right One in." Definitely one of the best books out there.

Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Cabinet of Curiosities is my favorite as well.

Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mphprez View Post
    I agree. I would love to see a limited edition of "Let the Right One in." Definitely one of the best books out there.
    I agree, despite the fact that it reads like a social work adventure/drama at times lol!!

Junior Member Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I agree, despite the fact that it reads like a social work adventure/drama at times lol!!
    Well put lol. I read "Handling the Undead" and it had a similar style. The horror element was downplayed.

CD, I'm gonna need those Wong books in limited editions as soon as you can make them. Thanks.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I thought they were doing the whole Preston and Child series. Also thought there were going to be more Michael Koryta books as well.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Not part of the series, but another Preston & Child that could use the CD treatment would be Thunderhead.

Also along the same lines in terms of genre (science thriller?) would be even some of James Rollins - Excavation was very good! I find it is very close to Relic.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I thought they were doing the whole Preston and Child series. Also thought there were going to be more Michael Koryta books as well.
    I thought that about Koryta as well.

HA! I found the old thread that I started where we can ask the almighty forces at CD to make our darkest fantasies come true! So I'll post my question here and delete it from the other thread. Here goes:

Please tell me you all have something from Jeff Strand in the works. I'll have to grab a copy of his Select Series book. I just read his contribution to HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM! and loved it.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    HA! I found the old thread that I started where we can ask the almighty forces at CD to make our darkest fantasies come true! So I'll post my question here and delete it from the other thread. Here goes:

Please tell me you all have something from Jeff Strand in the works. I'll have to grab a copy of his Select Series book. I just read his contribution to HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM! and loved it.
    Speaking of HARK!, wasn’t that Scott Smith story great? He writes so little, it was a welcome reminder of how talented he is. That Seanan McGuire story was great as well. As usual, Malerman left me disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Speaking of HARK!, wasn’t that Scott Smith story great? He writes so little, it was a welcome reminder of how talented he is. That Seanan McGuire story was great as well. As usual, Malerman left me disappointed.
    Hahahahaha I LOVED the Malerman story and the Lansdale story of course. The Scott Smith story was excellent as well. I also loved the Tim Lebbon, Sarah Pinborough, and Sarah Langan contributions! There were a couple I didn't care for (I'm not naming) and some that were just OK. The Seanan McGuire tale was good, too. I was very happy with this book.