Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: PRAYERS AND SUPPLICATIONS TO THE CEMETERY DANCE GODS

  1. #1
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    10

    PRAYERS AND SUPPLICATIONS TO THE CEMETERY DANCE GODS

    Let's put this Forum to work! And let's make it work for the fans! (It doesn't matter that it already does--I'm rabble-rousing here.)

    I thought it would be fun to put ideas or questions to the CD staff and I didn't see any other thread for that purpose.

    I'll go first:

    DEAR MOST BENEVOLENT AND VENGEFUL CD GODS, are you going to publish anything else by David Wong? I loved John Dies at the End and I was considering This Book is Full of Spiders. But I'd hold on anything CD deemed worthy of publishing.

    Amen

  2. #2
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,269
    Rep Power
    14
    I think there is a 3rd John book coming out in trade hardback this year.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I think there is a 3rd John book coming out in trade hardback this year.
    There is, in October. Which is sort of what prompted my question. CD skipped the Spiders book, so I'm assuming they're done with Wong. But I am just a mortal. And a fool one at that.

  4. #4
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,996
    Rep Power
    12
    I'm hoping CD will do both Wong books. But I'm also REALLY hoping that CD will give us the rest of The Straw Men series...

  5. #5
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,269
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I'm hoping CD will do both Wong books. But I'm also REALLY hoping that CD will give us the rest of The Straw Men series...
    I'm hoping for more Preston/Child books.

  6. #6
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,996
    Rep Power
    12
    If I remember correctly, they are doing Reliquary. I don't know if there will be other books in the series after that, though.

  7. #7
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,269
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    If I remember correctly, they are doing Reliquary. I don't know if there will be other books in the series after that, though.
    I'm really hoping it goes through at least #3, Cabinet of Curiosities. It's easily the best volume.

  8. #8
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,996
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I'm really hoping it goes through at least #3, Cabinet of Curiosities. It's easily the best volume.
    I haven't read any of the series yet and I've had the limited on the shelf since it was released and an old paperback for a few years before that. My reading has been at a standstill for the last year. I'm making a mid-year resolution to change that. Hopefully I can get to this series sooner rather than later!

  9. #9
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,996
    Rep Power
    12
    Since we're on the topic, still would love to see some limiteds of John Ajvide Lindqvist's books. He's showing up in some anthologies so I've been hoping for an announcement...

  10. #10
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    "Let the Right One In" Limited

    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Since we're on the topic, still would love to see some limiteds of John Ajvide Lindqvist's books. He's showing up in some anthologies so I've been hoping for an announcement...
    I agree. I would love to see a limited edition of "Let the Right One in." Definitely one of the best books out there.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,445
    Rep Power
    52
    Cabinet of Curiosities is my favorite as well.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,445
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by mphprez View Post
    I agree. I would love to see a limited edition of "Let the Right One in." Definitely one of the best books out there.
    I agree, despite the fact that it reads like a social work adventure/drama at times lol!!

  13. #13
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I agree, despite the fact that it reads like a social work adventure/drama at times lol!!
    Well put lol. I read "Handling the Undead" and it had a similar style. The horror element was downplayed.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    10
    CD, I'm gonna need those Wong books in limited editions as soon as you can make them. Thanks.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,742
    Rep Power
    62
    I thought they were doing the whole Preston and Child series. Also thought there were going to be more Michael Koryta books as well.

  16. #16
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    2,232
    Rep Power
    11
    Not part of the series, but another Preston & Child that could use the CD treatment would be Thunderhead.

    Also along the same lines in terms of genre (science thriller?) would be even some of James Rollins - Excavation was very good! I find it is very close to Relic.

  17. #17
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,996
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I thought they were doing the whole Preston and Child series. Also thought there were going to be more Michael Koryta books as well.
    I thought that about Koryta as well.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    10
    HA! I found the old thread that I started where we can ask the almighty forces at CD to make our darkest fantasies come true! So I'll post my question here and delete it from the other thread. Here goes:

    Please tell me you all have something from Jeff Strand in the works. I'll have to grab a copy of his Select Series book. I just read his contribution to HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM! and loved it.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,182
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    HA! I found the old thread that I started where we can ask the almighty forces at CD to make our darkest fantasies come true! So I'll post my question here and delete it from the other thread. Here goes:

    Please tell me you all have something from Jeff Strand in the works. I'll have to grab a copy of his Select Series book. I just read his contribution to HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM! and loved it.
    Speaking of HARK!, wasn’t that Scott Smith story great? He writes so little, it was a welcome reminder of how talented he is. That Seanan McGuire story was great as well. As usual, Malerman left me disappointed.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Speaking of HARK!, wasn’t that Scott Smith story great? He writes so little, it was a welcome reminder of how talented he is. That Seanan McGuire story was great as well. As usual, Malerman left me disappointed.
    Hahahahaha I LOVED the Malerman story and the Lansdale story of course. The Scott Smith story was excellent as well. I also loved the Tim Lebbon, Sarah Pinborough, and Sarah Langan contributions! There were a couple I didn't care for (I'm not naming) and some that were just OK. The Seanan McGuire tale was good, too. I was very happy with this book.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •