Sleeping Beauties By Stephen King and Owen King Book Tour:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I saw them last night. It was more charming and intimate than I'd expected with a crowd of over 3 thousand. I loved hearing about their collaboration and thoughts on writing. Owen was awesome and of course so was his dad. A great night. AND I was one of the lucky ones who walked away with a signed copy.
    Wow. Didn't realize the crowd was that large. My wife and I went and luckily my copy was signed. My wife wondered how I knew that it was MY copy that was the signed and not hers. I assure her it was one of those things I just "knew".

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Wow. Didn't realize the crowd was that large. My wife and I went and luckily my copy was signed. My wife wondered how I knew that it was MY copy that was the signed and not hers. I assure her it was one of those things I just "knew".
      Hahahaha. A guy just knows.

I looked up the maximum capacity of the venue and it seats 5,000. And then Owen said something about the crowd being 3,000 people when Steve was bantering.

Comment

The sound was not too great. We could hear most of in, but not the best location to really hear it too well.

Comment

The sound was not too great. We could hear most of in, but not the best location to really hear it too well.
          WELL CONGRATS on getting a signed copy! I'm putting mine in a CD slipcase once it arrives.

Comment

WELL CONGRATS on getting a signed copy! I'm putting mine in a CD slipcase once it arrives.
            You too! And yes to a slipcase for it!!! It will look good next to the signed limited and gift editions. LOL!

Comment

You too! And yes to a slipcase for it!!! It will look good next to the signed limited and gift editions. LOL!
              Yeah, I guess I could lose my mind and chase down all the UK limiteds but I'll keep what's left of my money and my marriage I suppose.

Comment

Yeah, I guess I could lose my mind and chase down all the UK limiteds but I'll keep what's left of my money and my marriage I suppose.
                Yeah, if you try to think of the marriage as a limited edition, it might make it a little easier.

Comment

Congratulations on the signed copies guys. Hopefully I will have the same luck Tuesday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Congratulations on the signed copies guys. Hopefully I will have the same luck Tuesday night.
                    Good luck Martin!

Comment

Well, they said that Chicago was the largest stop on the tour. So you'll have better odds of getting a signed copy. Good luck! I hope you get one!

Comment

Yeah, if you try to think of the marriage as a limited edition, it might make it a little easier.
                        That's a pretty brilliant way to look at it!! Awesome!

Comment

Good luck Martin!
                          As long as he leaves me at least one copy tomorrow ...

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            As long as he leaves me at least one copy tomorrow ...
                            Good luck to you as well!

Comment

Good luck to you as well!
                              Thank you!

Don't remember if you were on the DT meetup list or not, but we are planning on leaving Tacoma at about 2 and get down to Bailey's at around 4:30 and just hang out (after procuring foods) before the event.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                Thank you!

Don't remember if you were on the DT meetup list or not, but we are planning on leaving Tacoma at about 2 and get down to Bailey's at around 4:30 and just hang out (after procuring foods) before the event.
                                Will not be there. Working a full day then going home to get my wife. Will probably get to the venue around 6:30 to 6:45. Have fun though!

Comment

Working...
                                X