Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instant huge Joe R. Lansdale collection (including all Hap & Leonard books!)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instant huge Joe R. Lansdale collection (including all Hap & Leonard books!)...

My own Lansdale shelves are overflowing, so to make room for new arrivals I had to pull a bunch out. I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in an Instant Lansdale Collection, so to speak, before I take them down to my local speciality dealer or throw 'em up on eBay.

All the books are 1st editions and first printings (except HONKY TONK SAMURAI, which is a 1st ed./2nd prtg), and all are Fine/Fine/as-new (except the MIA pbs, which are all VG+ to NF). All are also SIGNED by Lansdale on the title page (no personalizations, just a nice flat signature). No remainder marks.

The entire Hap and Leonard saga, all in hardcover:

* MUCHO MOJO
    * BAD CHILI
    * TWO-BEAR MAMBO
    * CAPTAINS OUTRAGEOUS
    * RUMBLE TUMBLE
    * VANILLA RIDE
    * DEVIL RED
    * HONKY TONK SAMURAI
    * RUSTY PUPPY

Also have:

* LEATHER MAIDEN (1st/1st hardcover)
    * All 3 pbs M.I.A. Hunter pbs, written under the pseudonym of Jack Buchanan (Lansdale only did #s 3, 4, and 7).

$150 total for everything (only $10 and change per book + what I'm guessing will be around $15 or $20 Media Mail shipping (heavy!).
    Due to the weight of the package, U.S. addresses only, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 06-01-2017, 07:55 PM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

I'd be all over that if it could come my way and didn't cost double the asking price in shipping.

Good luck my friend, someone will be getting a hell of a deal!

Comment

Thanks; still for sale. Big sets like this are always a tough proposition due to the price tag and the fact many fans may already have some of the author's work and (understandably) don't want to pay twice for repeats. I just don't have the time anymore to sell these things and the other pile o' books with Subterranean, Earthling, Centipede, etc. titles piecemeal, to list, package, and drive them over several days down to my local Post Office with the inevitable long line, one by one for $15 or $20 a pop...minus the 10% combo eBay and PayPal fees, of course. So if these Lansdales don't sell as a set, that's okay, I have a several local alternate options where the return may not be quite as good but the hassle is considerably less than parceling them out.

Or maybe I'll try eBay for the set...guess that's an option, too. But will hold off at least through the weekend, should anyone here be interested and want to sleep on it.

Comment

Ron, I would've jumped all over these but I already own them. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll move them.

Comment

Ron, did you sell these? I would buy them if you didn't, or if you have any of them left

Comment

Sorry, no, I don't have them any longer...ended up taking them all down to a local genre specialty dealer for trade credit.

Still kind of regret doing so -- I mean, I got rid of signed Lansdales, the entire H&L opus?!?! That's insane! -- but overcrowded shelves don't lie.

Comment

Why didn't you buy a bigger house? You are nuts.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Sorry, no, I don't have them any longer...ended up taking them all down to a local genre specialty dealer for trade credit.

Still kind of regret doing so -- I mean, I got rid of signed Lansdales, the entire H&L opus?!?! That's insane! -- but overcrowded shelves don't lie.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                Why didn't you buy a bigger house? You are nuts.
                You'd think with 17 bookcases I'd have enough room for all my books, and yet...

Comment

Oh well. It was a long shot. Thanks for the reply, Ron. And I agree that you should have bought a bigger house.

Comment

Working...
                  X