Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice!

Comment

That comparative visual analysis was great, really enjoyed it -- thanks for posting it! I definitely prefer the Centipede edition but do see the appeal of the other.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks for the comparative pictures. It's hard to pick a prefered edition. Both look fantastic. I love the paper and font in the Hand and Eye edition, the limitation sheet is very sharp and clean too. The CP edition is really grandiose though, much nicer endpapers too. Both have stunning art.

Comment

Thank you Brian, Ron, and Theli for the kind words. The Centipede edition wins hands down in terms of content and completeness, but I really do love the Hand & Eye. The choice of paper in the Hand & Eye is exquisite and the artwork is lovely. I wish I had a better way of conveying more about the paper in photos.

Comment

Dave, any idea who that third signature is from on the CP limitation page? My Limited has it, as well, but according to the page it's only supposed to have two, Moser and McGrath. Gogos only signed the deluxe, not the Limited. And that third sig (at the bottom) doesn't look like any of the above three anyhow. Any idea or is it another Centipede Mystery Special?

Comment

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
              Dave, any idea who that third signature is from on the CP limitation page? My Limited has it, as well, but according to the page it's only supposed to have two, Moser and McGrath. Gogos only signed the deluxe, not the Limited. And that third sig (at the bottom) doesn't look like any of the above three anyhow. Any idea or is it another Centipede Mystery Special?
              You know, it never even occurred to me who that might be. Let me see if I can figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
                Confirmed that the third sig is from Aeron Alrey, who did some black and white art in the book.

Comment

Shadow Over Innsmouth

In response to the "Your Holy Grail" thread, I am posting a lot of pics of one of mine. This is the ICHTHYIC edition of Lovecraft's Shadow Over Innsmouth from Heavenly Monkey (number X of XXV). As one person on this forum can probably attest, my initial reaction to this book was a bit hesitant. But I have grown to appreciate its many charms and its one of my favorites in my collection.

Its structure and casing are different from any book I have owned before or since. The casing is made of of a parchment paper. The printing on the cover and spine are underneath the outer layers of the casing, but somehow a part of it all. The quality of paper and printing on the inside are exquisite.

The book is slipcased in two paper cases, the outermost being purple with no printing on it, leaving the spine and fore-edge of the black inner case exposed. The black inner case has printing on the spine and the cover image of the book on the front.

I finally have a camera that can reasonably capture some of the details of this book. It's not an easy book to photograph. Hope you find this interesting:

In the slipcases:

Outer case removed, inner case still on:

Spine and front of the actual book, after the cases have been removed:

Some shots of the paper. I'm a sucker for interesting paper choices:

Finally, some interior shots:

Close up of the colophon:

Comment

Originally posted by daverob View Post
                    In response to the "Your Holy Grail" thread, I am posting a lot of pics of one of mine. This is the ICHTHYIC edition of Lovecraft's Shadow Over Innsmouth from Heavenly Monkey (number X of XXV). As one person on this forum can probably attest, my initial reaction to this book was a bit hesitant. But I have grown to appreciate its many charms and its one of my favorites in my collection.

Its structure and casing are different from any book I have owned before or since. The casing is made of of a parchment paper. The printing on the cover and spine are underneath the outer layers of the casing, but somehow a part of it all. The quality of paper and printing on the inside are exquisite.

The book is slipcased in two paper cases, the outermost being purple with no printing on it, leaving the spine and fore-edge of the black inner case exposed. The black inner case has printing on the spine and the cover image of the book on the front.

I finally have a camera that can reasonably capture some of the details of this book. It's not an easy book to photograph. Hope you find this interesting:

In the slipcases:

Outer case removed, inner case still on:

Spine and front of the actual book, after the cases have been removed:

Some shots of the paper. I'm a sucker for interesting paper choices:

Finally, some interior shots:

Close up of the colophon:

That book looks amazing!

Comment

What an interesting edition! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

That’s really something — amazing to see what a piece of art a book can become in the right hands.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Stunning photos. I'm thrilled to hear that it grew on you! But if your wife starts complaining about your walleyed stare or malodorous abyssal reek, you'd better get rid of the cursed thing! I'll volunteer myself to jump on the grenade and take it off of your hands before harm is done. I'm a good friend like that.

Comment

Very neat!

Comment

Cool looking book! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X