Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I think Jeff will be a bigger fan when he realizes that Bentley's next book is titled "The Unboxing", about a writer who sets out to "unbox" a reader who puts down the author’s books!!
    I'd read that. After I borrow it from the library. If Little is as effective in his killing as he is in his writing, then I have nothing to worry about with regards to being "unboxed" by him.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      So by the tone of your post I take it you finally have come around on Bentley Little 's The Mailman.

I wish I had. Really I do. I want to like him because all the cool kids like him. But DAMN! I can't. I feel like he's put you all under a spell. Ron probably thinks Malerman has beguiled me as well. But The Mailman was the most pointless book I've ever read.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I'd read that. After I borrow it from the library. If Little is as effective in his killing as he is in his writing, then I have nothing to worry about with regards to being "unboxed" by him.
        LOL!!!!

Comment

I wish I had. Really I do. I want to like him because all the cool kids like him. But DAMN! I can't. I feel like he's put you all under a spell. Ron probably thinks Malerman has beguiled me as well. But The Mailman was the most pointless book I've ever read.
          This one is just for you... to start liking him again and to start the collection. Unless it's you who's trying to sell these lol
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-10-B...QAAOSwkJNciERv

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
            This one is just for you... to start liking him again and to start the collection. Unless it's you who's trying to sell these lol
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-10-B...QAAOSwkJNciERv
            This seller is listing 10 books for $10 each and offers free shipping and STILL has the "Make an Offer" option? I was going to make an offer, but I don't have the shelf space. Also, THE STORE isn't one of the books. That's the one people say is almost as good or as good as The Mailman.

Comment

This seller is listing 10 books for $10 each and offers free shipping and STILL has the "Make an Offer" option? I was going to make an offer, but I don't have the shelf space. Also, THE STORE isn't one of the books. That's the one people say is almost as good or as good as The Mailman.
              Yea looks like he only has our titles, and we don't currently hold the rights to The Store.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                Yea looks like he only has our titles, and we don't currently hold the rights to The Store.
                Well, that's why I read THE MAILMAN. When I decided to give Little another try, I knew I wanted to support CD. I bought a brand new trade edition from you guys (as opposed to borrowing from the library or buying a ratty paperback off of eBay) so I could guarantee that, at the very least, a tiny bit of good would come from reading a Little .
                Last edited by jeffingoff; 05-06-2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Well, that's why I read THE MAILMAN. When I decided to give Little another try, I knew I wanted to support CD. I bought a brand new trade edition from you guys (as opposed to borrowing from the library or buying a ratty paperback off of eBay) so I could guarantee that, at the very least, a tiny bit of good would come from reading a Little .
                  Jeff, if you really want to give Little another shot, I'd recommend The Collection. It's one of my favorites from Little, maybe because it's short fiction. His brand of absurd horror tends to go down a little smoother in smaller bites. Some of his longer works tend to go off the rails after a bit. (The less said about The House the better...)

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    Jeff, if you really want to give Little another shot, I'd recommend The Collection. It's one of my favorites from Little, maybe because it's short fiction. His brand of absurd horror tends to go down a little smoother in smaller bites. Some of his longer works tend to go off the rails after a bit. (The less said about The House the better...)
                    Now here's where I get torn up and conflicted inside: If I had never read anything by Little and read your short description of his work as "absurd horror" then I'd say that's my bag. I love David Wong's books and he's pretty out there. So absurd is a word that pulls me in. But I have read Little's work and "absurd" is apt. It's just not my flavor of absurd, I guess. Anyway, reactions like yours are what keep me curious and wanting to try Little again.

Comment

I wanted to snag a copy of the CD S/L Sleeping Beauties-it was just not within my budget. Cap
                      Last edited by c marvel; 05-16-2019, 12:47 AM.
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Even with the issues CD had with Sleeping Beauties I do not think the wait was excessive. I ordered mine just over two years ago, I have several books from multiple publishers that I have been waiting longer for. Cemetery Dance is also the only one who regular provides status updates.
                        I don't think the wait was all that excessive in general terms. But with a high-value, top-priority book like SB, or any book signed by King, people become a lot less patient. Collectors assume that CD will focus on this project and therefore it will be put ahead of everything else. You'll also get more people who don't otherwise collect limited editions and just show up here for King and they might not understand the small press world. And the longer the wait, the more opportunity for people's fortunes to change and maybe need to cancel orders to save money. So with all that in mind I can see how copies might be available on this edition. Though it won't be my copy. HELL NO! The wait was definitely not more than I could bear. And I'm going to use that unboxing to show off my new bookshelves.

Comment

I ordered the gift edition late in the game and I'm sure it was only available then because of dropouts. I didn't have funds available when it went up for sale.

Comment

I don't think the wait was all that excessive in general terms. But with a high-value, top-priority book like SB, or any book signed by King, people become a lot less patient. Collectors assume that CD will focus on this project and therefore it will be put ahead of everything else. You'll also get more people who don't otherwise collect limited editions and just show up here for King and they might not understand the small press world. And the longer the wait, the more opportunity for people's fortunes to change and maybe need to cancel orders to save money. So with all that in mind I can see how copies might be available on this edition. Though it won't be my copy. HELL NO! The wait was definitely not more than I could bear. And I'm going to use that unboxing to show off my new bookshelves.
                            Can't wait to see the new shelves. The teasers look really nice! Are you back in your home?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Can't wait to see the new shelves. The teasers look really nice! Are you back in your home?
                              THANK you Martin! No I'm not back in there yet. Almost. I took the opportunity with the house being empty to assemble a new Ikea wall unit. It's a Besta and it's a beast.

Comment

It's been an insanely busy month between CD and some other things, but I finally got these posted today:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras...photo-gallery/

As a reminder, we had a really hard time photographing this one... it looks a lot better in person, so if you like the photos, you should really love it in person! It will be shipping soon, more news to come. Thanks again for your patience!

Brian
                                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X