Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I actually really liked Sleeping Beauties. Not the BEST thing I've ever read, and certainly not in the upper tier of King's work, but it was enjoyable (as long as you ignored the male-bashing. I MEAN REALLY ignored the self-flagellating male penance for doing heinous acts such as buying a swimming pool without consent).

I'm thrilled to be getting the Traycased Artist Edition. The production and artwork are fantastic. A really spectacular book.
    I too enjoyed the story. Not great but enjoyable. I was also lucky enough to see the Kings at a reading for this one, and received a signed book at that. Thrilled to be adding the signed limited and the art portfolio to my collection. The pictures look stunning, almost wish I had added the gift edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I too enjoyed the story. Not great but enjoyable. I was also lucky enough to see the Kings at a reading for this one, and received a signed book at that. Thrilled to be adding the signed limited and the art portfolio to my collection. The pictures look stunning, almost wish I had added the gift edition.
      Yeah, I also scored a signed trade edition at the signing. It's safely kept in a CD slipcase. If I didn't have that, I'd consider getting a gift edition if any became available (of course, letting Brian get his first) but I'm perfectly happy with the three I own along with the portfolio.

Comment

Yeah, I also scored a signed trade edition at the signing. It's safely kept in a CD slipcase. If I didn't have that, I'd consider getting a gift edition if any became available (of course, letting Brian get his first) but I'm perfectly happy with the three I own along with the portfolio.
        The Naperville open Jeff?

Comment

Mine is also in a CD slipcase.

Comment

I really enjoyed the first half of the book then it fell off for me. That being said, I own like 10 copies or so of the damn thing

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              Interesting. The limited is my personal favorite.
              I wouldn't turn down a copy at retail if there was one to be scored . I could always replace the DJ or disregard it completely

Comment

Kind of hoping there’s an extra signed one when everything is shipped. It wasn’t in the budget at the right time but now I could definitely swing it.

And all of those editions look great. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  Kind of hoping there’s an extra signed one when everything is shipped. It wasn’t in the budget at the right time but now I could definitely swing it.

Like I said elsewhere, I would be shocked if copies weren't available to CDCC members. The wait on this one was no doubt too much for some buyers who are without the absolute iron will and fortitude that I possess. Those weak people lost their grip 4 months into the wait and begged to be released from the bondage of the preorder. But not me! I simply huffed my mailman and declared "WAITING IS FOR THE MANLIEST OF MEN! BRING ON THE DELAYS!" And then I sat back down. Actually, I was pinned to the ground by the police officer who responded to the call from the mailman I huffed. But I was happy because I could wait the longest.

Comment

yeah at North Central's campus. Cool event!

Comment

Hope things are going well for you up in the mountains!

Comment

Like I said elsewhere, I would be shocked if copies weren't available to CDCC members. The wait on this one was no doubt too much for some buyers who are without the absolute iron will and fortitude that I possess. Those weak people lost their grip 4 months into the wait and begged to be released from the bondage of the preorder. But not me! I simply huffed my mailman and declared "WAITING IS FOR THE MANLIEST OF MEN! BRING ON THE DELAYS!" And then I sat back down. Actually, I was pinned to the ground by the police officer who responded to the call from the mailman I huffed. But I was happy because I could wait the longest.
                        Even with the issues CD had with Sleeping Beauties I do not think the wait was excessive. I ordered mine just over two years ago, I have several books from multiple publishers that I have been waiting longer for. Cemetery Dance is also the only one who regular provides status updates.
                        Last edited by Martin; 05-04-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

yeah at North Central's campus. Cool event!
                          It was. I was lucky too in that one of my two copies was signed.

Comment

Already called dibs, Jason

Comment

So by the tone of your post I take it you finally have come around on Bentley Little 's The Mailman.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                So by the tone of your post I take it you finally have come around on Bentley Little 's The Mailman.
                                I think Jeff will be a bigger fan when he realizes that Bentley's next book is titled "The Unboxing", about a writer who sets out to "unbox" a reader who puts down the author’s books!!
                                Last edited by bsaenz24; 05-04-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X