Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 266

Thread: Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King

  1. #101
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,885
    Rep Power
    64
    Those books are just beautiful. I can't wait to see the gift edition up close and personal. Congratulations on another outstanding book.

  2. #102
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,839
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I love the lettered and gift DJ art. Not crazy about the fingers under the moth's wings on the limited.

    Hopefully there will be a few gifts up for grabs once all the shipping is complete. I was trying hard to get away from gifts if I couldn't get the S/L or lettered. I don't think I'm going to have much success .
    Interesting. The limited is my personal favorite.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  3. #103
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,748
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Interesting. The limited is my personal favorite.
    Mine too!

  4. #104
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,569
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Mine too!
    I didn't order any of them, and after trying to read SLEEPING BEAUTIES I'm comfortable with my decision...but, man, that limited signed/#d edition is gorgeous, both exterior and interior...a really stellar design job.

  5. #105
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,748
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I didn't order any of them, and after trying to read SLEEPING BEAUTIES I'm comfortable with my decision...but, man, that limited signed/#d edition is gorgeous, both exterior and interior...a really stellar design job.
    I actually really liked Sleeping Beauties. Not the BEST thing I've ever read, and certainly not in the upper tier of King's work, but it was enjoyable (as long as you ignored the male-bashing. I MEAN REALLY ignored the self-flagellating male penance for doing heinous acts such as buying a swimming pool without consent).

    I'm thrilled to be getting the Traycased Artist Edition. The production and artwork are fantastic. A really spectacular book.

  6. #106
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,886
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I actually really liked Sleeping Beauties. Not the BEST thing I've ever read, and certainly not in the upper tier of King's work, but it was enjoyable (as long as you ignored the male-bashing. I MEAN REALLY ignored the self-flagellating male penance for doing heinous acts such as buying a swimming pool without consent).

    I'm thrilled to be getting the Traycased Artist Edition. The production and artwork are fantastic. A really spectacular book.
    I too enjoyed the story. Not great but enjoyable. I was also lucky enough to see the Kings at a reading for this one, and received a signed book at that. Thrilled to be adding the signed limited and the art portfolio to my collection. The pictures look stunning, almost wish I had added the gift edition.

  7. #107
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,748
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I too enjoyed the story. Not great but enjoyable. I was also lucky enough to see the Kings at a reading for this one, and received a signed book at that. Thrilled to be adding the signed limited and the art portfolio to my collection. The pictures look stunning, almost wish I had added the gift edition.
    Yeah, I also scored a signed trade edition at the signing. It's safely kept in a CD slipcase. If I didn't have that, I'd consider getting a gift edition if any became available (of course, letting Brian get his first) but I'm perfectly happy with the three I own along with the portfolio.

  8. #108
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,392
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah, I also scored a signed trade edition at the signing. It's safely kept in a CD slipcase. If I didn't have that, I'd consider getting a gift edition if any became available (of course, letting Brian get his first) but I'm perfectly happy with the three I own along with the portfolio.
    The Naperville open Jeff?

  9. #109
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,886
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah, I also scored a signed trade edition at the signing. It's safely kept in a CD slipcase. If I didn't have that, I'd consider getting a gift edition if any became available (of course, letting Brian get his first) but I'm perfectly happy with the three I own along with the portfolio.
    Mine is also in a CD slipcase.

  10. #110
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,610
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah, I also scored a signed trade edition at the signing. It's safely kept in a CD slipcase. If I didn't have that, I'd consider getting a gift edition if any became available (of course, letting Brian get his first) but I'm perfectly happy with the three I own along with the portfolio.
    I really enjoyed the first half of the book then it fell off for me. That being said, I own like 10 copies or so of the damn thing

  11. #111
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,610
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Interesting. The limited is my personal favorite.
    I wouldn't turn down a copy at retail if there was one to be scored . I could always replace the DJ or disregard it completely

  12. #112
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    957
    Rep Power
    9
    Kind of hoping there’s an extra signed one when everything is shipped. It wasn’t in the budget at the right time but now I could definitely swing it.

    And all of those editions look great. Congrats.

  13. #113
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,748
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Kind of hoping there’s an extra signed one when everything is shipped. It wasn’t in the budget at the right time but now I could definitely swing it.

    And all of those editions look great. Congrats.
    Like I said elsewhere, I would be shocked if copies weren't available to CDCC members. The wait on this one was no doubt too much for some buyers who are without the absolute iron will and fortitude that I possess. Those weak people lost their grip 4 months into the wait and begged to be released from the bondage of the preorder. But not me! I simply huffed my mailman and declared "WAITING IS FOR THE MANLIEST OF MEN! BRING ON THE DELAYS!" And then I sat back down. Actually, I was pinned to the ground by the police officer who responded to the call from the mailman I huffed. But I was happy because I could wait the longest.

  14. #114
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,748
    Rep Power
    13
    yeah at North Central's campus. Cool event!

  15. #115
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,886
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Kind of hoping there’s an extra signed one when everything is shipped. It wasn’t in the budget at the right time but now I could definitely swing it.

    And all of those editions look great. Congrats.
    Hope things are going well for you up in the mountains!

  16. #116
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,886
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Like I said elsewhere, I would be shocked if copies weren't available to CDCC members. The wait on this one was no doubt too much for some buyers who are without the absolute iron will and fortitude that I possess. Those weak people lost their grip 4 months into the wait and begged to be released from the bondage of the preorder. But not me! I simply huffed my mailman and declared "WAITING IS FOR THE MANLIEST OF MEN! BRING ON THE DELAYS!" And then I sat back down. Actually, I was pinned to the ground by the police officer who responded to the call from the mailman I huffed. But I was happy because I could wait the longest.
    Even with the issues CD had with Sleeping Beauties I do not think the wait was excessive. I ordered mine just over two years ago, I have several books from multiple publishers that I have been waiting longer for. Cemetery Dance is also the only one who regular provides status updates.
    Last edited by Martin; 05-04-2019 at 09:03 PM.

  17. #117
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,392
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    yeah at North Central's campus. Cool event!
    It was. I was lucky too in that one of my two copies was signed.

  18. #118
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,610
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Kind of hoping there’s an extra signed one when everything is shipped. It wasn’t in the budget at the right time but now I could definitely swing it.

    And all of those editions look great. Congrats.
    Already called dibs, Jason

  19. #119
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,885
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Like I said elsewhere, I would be shocked if copies weren't available to CDCC members. The wait on this one was no doubt too much for some buyers who are without the absolute iron will and fortitude that I possess. Those weak people lost their grip 4 months into the wait and begged to be released from the bondage of the preorder. But not me! I simply huffed my mailman and declared "WAITING IS FOR THE MANLIEST OF MEN! BRING ON THE DELAYS!" And then I sat back down. Actually, I was pinned to the ground by the police officer who responded to the call from the mailman I huffed. But I was happy because I could wait the longest.
    So by the tone of your post I take it you finally have come around on Bentley Little 's The Mailman.

  20. #120
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,392
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    So by the tone of your post I take it you finally have come around on Bentley Little 's The Mailman.
    I think Jeff will be a bigger fan when he realizes that Bentley's next book is titled "The Unboxing", about a writer who sets out to "unbox" a reader who puts down the author’s books!!
    Last edited by bsaenz24; 05-04-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •