Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I am pretty positive it had "signed" in the title earlier this morning.
    It may have. I don't recall. But the title was revised:

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.44.40 AM.png

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Unless they're playing dumb I don't think the seller is the one who will get arrested. It'll be whoever walked out of the plant with the books. eBay will probably shut down the auction though once the police are involved. Honestly I hope no one actually buys it, especially since it's not signed and doesn't have the appropriate tray cases.
      Well, silver lining, it wasn't signed with a real letter or number. I'd imagine that would be far worse. Even a signed PC copy would cause headaches knowing you had one less replacement copy for those two editions. And you might have a hard time getting those sigs back.

Comment

Unless they're playing dumb I don't think the seller is the one who will get arrested. It'll be whoever walked out of the plant with the books. eBay will probably shut down the auction though once the police are involved. Honestly I hope no one actually buys it, especially since it's not signed and doesn't have the appropriate tray cases.
        Can you think of any scenario where this person has a legitimate claim to those books?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          Well, silver lining, it wasn't signed with a real letter or number. I'd imagine that would be far worse. Even a signed PC copy would cause headaches knowing you had one less replacement copy for those two editions. And you might have a hard time getting those sigs back.
          They'd never have been lettered or numbered. All of that happens here after the books have been printed. The only time I can think of that was even close to something like a lettered or numbered book being "stolen" was a package got damaged by UPS in a way that the a Gwendy was separated from it's box and order, so it ended up and a company that basically sells all the lost goods from UPS. UPS paid out the insurance money, then we found it on eBay later. I think we actually got it back at that point, though it had to be converted to a PC as we had already renumbered the persons book and had a new coin engraved.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Can you think of any scenario where this person has a legitimate claim to those books?
            None.

Instagram

Comment

They'd never have been lettered or numbered. All of that happens here after the books have been printed. The only time I can think of that was even close to something like a lettered or numbered book being "stolen" was a package got damaged by UPS in a way that the a Gwendy was separated from it's box and order, so it ended up and a company that basically sells all the lost goods from UPS. UPS paid out the insurance money, then we found it on eBay later. I think we actually got it back at that point, though it had to be converted to a PC as we had already renumbered the persons book and had a new coin engraved.
              Ah. Got it on the numbering and lettering situation. Still, they aren't signed. So no signed copies to chase down. Sounds like there are no signature sheets? Hope it all gets straightened out and all the bad people get put into gauzy cocoons.

Comment

Ah. Got it on the numbering and lettering situation. Still, they aren't signed. So no signed copies to chase down. Sounds like there are no signature sheets? Hope it all gets straightened out and all the bad people get put into gauzy cocoons.
                Honestly, knowing that they aren't signed makes me worry about it a whole lot less. We don't like to have incomplete books floating around out there, as someone would eventually just fill in whatever number they wanted on a numbering line or contact us asking for a number and a tray case. I still don't like that someone may end up actually paying for those books but not really getting what they thought they were.

Instagram

Comment

Honestly, knowing that they aren't signed makes me worry about it a whole lot less.

That's what I figured.

Comment

Not sure if this comment was always there, but the sale says "These books are not sign as the photo says"

Nice.

Comment

Agreed. Hope they are all sent to The Good Place.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                        Not sure if this comment was always there, but the sale says "These books are not sign as the photo says"

Nice.
                        I'm surprised that they're still listed and getting additional bids. Kind of shows how stupid people are with their money. This seller clearly has no idea what they have and I'm not even sure if they're selling two books or one.

But it is interesting to get some data on what the secondary market may be for these editions. As out of whack as it is.

Comment

Can't share any news, but let's just say that I don't think that auction will be up too much longer.

Instagram

Comment

Can't share any news, but let's just say that I don't think that auction will be up too much longer.

R.I.P Auction (May 2019 - May 2019). We hardly knew you and because you weren't signed, we never really cared.

Comment

If I bid on it, do you think I'll be able to apply credits from my CD account?

Comment

I'm thinking about placing a mega-high thrill bid on it just so the seller's head will explode when the auction is cancelled by eBay.

Comment

Working...
                                X