Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    R.I.P Auction (May 2019 - May 2019). We hardly knew you and because you weren't signed, we never really cared.
    **steps up to the podium**
    "SB Auction . . . what can I say that others here haven't already said with better words and deeper emotions? You died so young. Before your potential could be realized. Sure, you were unsigned, but aren't we all unsigned editions at some point? The fact is, no one gave you a chance to be signed! Maybe you were illegal. Maybe you were lost. And maybe you never wanted to be the center of attention. But for a few days in May, you were entertaining as hell. Making me forget that I'm in the middle of two legal battles involving a coven of lawyers and more backstabbing than a Game of Thrones series finale. And for that distraction, I will always be grateful. I hope the end of the auction means the beginning of something wonderful. I'd imagine you will become spectacular reading copies for someone somewhere sometime. But right now, I just want to say goodbye . . . and thanks."

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I'm thinking about placing a mega-high thrill bid on it just so the seller's head will explode when the auction is cancelled by eBay.
    That's villainously hilarious!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    I show it sold for $438.43.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    You know, no one ever really did tell us when we were actually permitted to discuss the previous time this sort of thing happened -- we couldn't publicly discuss the matter due to the ongoing legal proceedings between the printer, law enforcement, and the employee, which can be a slow process -- so I don't think we'll be able to comment any further on this particular auction for a long time.

Take that to mean whatever you'd like it to mean.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    You know, no one ever really did tell us when we were actually permitted to discuss the previous time this sort of thing happened -- we couldn't publicly discuss the matter due to the ongoing legal proceedings between the printer, law enforcement, and the employee, which can be a slow process -- so I don't think we'll be able to comment any further on this particular auction for a long time.

Brian
    Having been involved in a couple of criminal cases in the past where I was told 'do not talk about this while the case is pending' it has been my experience that they never come back and tell you when things are resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    How I take it--it was an unfortunate occurrence capping off a very long and rough journey for a beautiful edition. It's part of the story. It's CD lore. It's none of anyone's business other than the people who took the books, the ones who had the books taken from them, and law enforcement.

I'm just anxiously awaiting my UPS shipping notice and letting the world spin toward the moment I'll have my book.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    How I take it--it was an unfortunate occurrence capping off a very long and rough journey for a beautiful edition. It's part of the story. It's CD lore. It's none of anyone's business other than the people who took the books, the ones who had the books taken from them, and law enforcement.

I'm just anxiously awaiting my UPS shipping notice and letting the world spin toward the moment I'll have my book.
    We're getting closer to that. I'm thinking we should be done with the Gift Edition orders come Wednesday next week and onto all the orders that have Limited Editions on them next week. The Limiteds will be a bit slower than the Gifts due to numbering and casing the books. But things are moving along more quickly than I expected them to.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    We're getting closer to that. I'm thinking we should be done with the Gift Edition orders come Wednesday next week and onto all the orders that have Limited Editions on them next week. The Limiteds will be a bit slower than the Gifts due to numbering and casing the books. But things are moving along more quickly than I expected them to.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Got a notice from UPS and my gift edition is due tomorrow.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    We're getting closer to that. I'm thinking we should be done with the Gift Edition orders come Wednesday next week and onto all the orders that have Limited Editions on them next week.
    Dan, will the gift and S/L editions ship in one large box, like the Gwendy's S/L and lettered were? That packing was awesome btw.

sk

Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    Dan, will the gift and S/L editions ship in one large box, like the Gwendy's S/L and lettered were? That packing was awesome btw.

sk
    No. Lettereds aren't shipping yet. Gwendy was kind of a special case as we needed to wait to have a final book to start the cases for both the limiteds and the lettereds. With Sleeping Beauties we were able to produce the cases for the gift editions and the limited editions off of the dummy books, but we don't trust doing that with the lettered editions. So the lettereds will ship later this year.

Twitter - Twitch.tv

No. Lettereds aren't shipping yet. Gwendy was kind of a special case as we needed to wait to have a final book to start the cases for both the limiteds and the lettereds. With Sleeping Beauties we were able to produce the cases for the gift editions and the limited editions off of the dummy books, but we don't trust doing that with the lettered editions. So the lettereds will ship later this year.
    I realize the lettereds aren't shipping yet, Dan. I was referring to the two editions that are being shipped, the gift and S/L. Because the Gwendy's S/L and lettered were shipped together, I was wondering if the two Sleeping Beauties editions would be shipped the same way or separately.

Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    I realize the lettereds aren't shipping yet, Dan. I was referring to the two editions that are being shipped, the gift and S/L. Because the Gwendy's S/L and lettered were shipped together, I was wondering if the two Sleeping Beauties editions would be shipped the same way or separately.
    Ohhh sorry I misread your post. Thought you where asking if the lettered was shipping with the gift edition. Yes if the a Gift Edition was ordered on the same order as a Limited Edition they will ship in the same box. The tentative schedule is something like this.

gift editions -> multiple copy gift editions -> gift + limited editions -> limited editions -> anything else that doesn't really fit into any of those

Twitter - Twitch.tv

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    A ? for Dan or Brian - Have you been able to determine if there are/will be any unclaimed Sleeping Beauties gift editions? It never hurts to ask. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Yes if the a Gift Edition was ordered on the same order as a Limited Edition they will ship in the same box. The tentative schedule is something like this.

gift editions -> multiple copy gift editions -> gift + limited editions -> limited editions -> anything else that doesn't really fit into any of those
    Excellent - thanks Dan!

sk

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    A ? for Dan or Brian - Have you been able to determine if there are/will be any unclaimed Sleeping Beauties gift editions? It never hurts to ask. ~Cap
    There will be, and there's quite a few. We won't be offering them until we're done with all the preorders though. Need to make sure we account for damages and what not.

Twitter - Twitch.tv

Shipping notice received for the Limited!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Shipping notice received for the Limited!
    Me too. Can't wait!

As always take the shipping notices with a grain of salt. They just mean the shipping label has been printed, not that the actual package has left the building. As it stands right now we've got all the people who requested a specific number's label printed and their books numbered. I'm hoping to start numbering books for everyone else this afternoon, just waiting for some table space to open up.

Twitter - Twitch.tv

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    As always take the shipping notices with a grain of salt. They just mean the shipping label has been printed, not that the actual package has left the building. As it stands right now we've got all the people who requested a specific number's label printed and their books numbered. I'm hoping to start numbering books for everyone else this afternoon, just waiting for some table space to open up.
    Sounds good, Dan! I got my Gift Edition, and I'm looking forward to the LE.