No announcement yet.

Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit: Repeat of what Ron said about the award. Again I haven't read it either though.

Comment

Well, that was an unexpected flurry of activity LOL!! I love CD, have purchased and will continue to purchase the great books they put out. October Dreams is what brought me here and it's those kinds of books that keep me coming back. I bought Salem's Lot and I plan on picking up some of the other Double Day titles, however, I'm actually a bigger fan of King's short fiction as of late. Also, bear in mind, as I've told some of you in the past, I'm not a true horror fanboy. Much more into fantasy/sci-fi/fill in the blank. It was through CD that I ventured into the wider world of small press publishers. I guess, you could say, they were my gateway small publisher. I'm all for them making it rain with Stephen King. We're all entitled to our preferences and we're lucky we have a great place like this to share our opinions about books, publishers and life in general. Now to all you Red Sux fans, a bag of peanuts, Really!!! HAHAHA!! You guys are the worse!
      Last edited by mhatchett; 05-02-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        We're all entitled to our preferences and we're lucky we have a great place like this to sure our opinions about books, publishers and life in general.
        HERE HERE!

Sorry for derailing the thread. I LOVE CEMETERY DANCE.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          Yeah. I know that grabbing this one means passing on a future offering. What made me jump is having both Stephen's and Owen's signatures. Feels like an event I just didn't want to miss out on. So on the horizon for me (and what I'll be spending money on for sure) is The Stand, Bird Box, Goblin, The Listener.

Apart from those, I might have to pass. And that might hurt when those other two McCammon books are revealed.
          That's the hard part: My "want" list is infinite, while my bank account is finite. I completely forgot about Bird Box and Goblin; I want to pick those up as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            That's the hard part: My "want" list is infinite, while my bank account is finite. I completely forgot about Bird Box and Goblin; I want to pick those up as well!
            Goblin? Who is that one from? There have been so many S/L announcements of late that they're all starting to kind of blur.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Goblin? Who is that one from? There have been so many S/L announcements of late that they're all starting to kind of blur.
              Josh Malerman. It's an upcoming Earthling Pub book.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                Josh Malerman. It's an upcoming Earthling Pub book.
                Ok, thanks. I knew about the S/L HC of BIRDBOX via Dark Regions...guess I missed (or forgot) the add'l Malerman release. Appreciate the info.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Ok, thanks. I knew about the S/L HC of BIRDBOX via Dark Regions...guess I missed (or forgot) the add'l Malerman release. Appreciate the info.
                  Of course! Happy to help spend someone else's money. I'm buying both of those editions blind--never having read Bird Box or anything b Malerman.

Comment

And now to return this thread to Sleeping Beauties I will say that I am looking forward to this one. I purchased the gift edition. Th signed limited was out of my price range right now. I have another kid about to graduate an move on to college. The cover is great.

Comment

Another new painting by Jana Heidersdorf for the special edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES:

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Gorgeous!!!! This is going to be a beautiful volume!!

Comment

Every piece of artwork I have seen for this edition is spectacular! Glad Owen recommended this artist.

Comment

Here is the Gift Edition cover (fox) and Limited Edition cover (moth) for the Cemetery Dance Publications special editions of SLEEPING BEAUTIES:

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I was hoping that the moth was the Limited Edition cover!! I love the artwork I've seen for this book.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                                Here is the Gift Edition cover (fox) and Limited Edition cover (moth) for the Cemetery Dance Publications special editions of SLEEPING BEAUTIES:

Brian
                                Stunning art!

Comment

Working...
                                X