No announcement yet.

Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be waiting to see if there are unclaimed copies of the Gift edition of Sleeping Beauties. As I mentioned earlier, I just couldn't afford the S/L edition. I could get a Gift edition w. my CD credit. I'm so glad I took advantage of the CD credit offer. I am still one payment behind on another front. Working 6-day weeks does fatten my financial account.

Cap

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    We got some good news on Sleeping Beauties today. We should be starting shipping on Monday or Tuesday. The books should be getting shipped to us either today or tomorrow (tomorrow is far more likely), which means we should have them on Monday.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I successfully resisted buying the Gift Edition when I was able to get a limited. Seeing the samples and the art has me second guessing that decision. So, all you people looking to pick one up please do so as soon as they are made available. If they sell out quick enough it will save me some money!

Comment

Sleeping Beauties is here and we're starting in on it today. Gift editions are shipping first. If you ordered a Gift and a Limited on the same order, you may get a shipping notice early. Just be aware that it's probably not actually shipping for a little bit. It's gonna take some time to work through the single copy gift editions.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Saw what's percolating over on TDT with this eBay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...sAAOSwi39c5D~q

Insane.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            Saw what's percolating over on TDT with this eBay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...sAAOSwi39c5D~q

Insane.
            I would say it's a scam until I saw real pictures. Cemetery Dance is not even mentioned. The pub date says 2017. Plus the seller just started on Ebay a few days ago.

Redrum!! Redrum!! Redrum!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              I would say it's a scam until I saw real pictures. Cemetery Dance is not even mentioned. The pub date says 2017. Plus the seller just started on Ebay a few days ago.

Redrum!! Redrum!! Redrum!!
              OH FOR SURE it's a scam. But the pic is definitely of a lettered dust jacket that somehow made it to Detroit. Which is a mystery somewhere on the level of Colorado Kid. But maybe not so crazy. What actually is it and how did it get there? I asked for pics and he sent these:

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 8.33.14 AM.png

Comment

You should ask him for a pic of the number and letter. Maybe someone at the printer snagged one?

Comment

You should ask him for a pic of the number and letter. Maybe someone at the printer snagged one?
                  I've had some messages back and forth with him and here's the rundown: there are no tray cases, no signatures, no number, no letter. At best, these are production copies that slipped out somehow (maybe from the shuttered printer before they got rolling at the new one?), at worst these are just two dust jackets on different books making it seem like they're real copies. Though I will say the person I've messaged with was very responsive and polite. Apart from the super sketchy fact that he's selling a book that he shouldn't have, he doesn't seem to be hiding anything. I can imagine with all the printer woes surrounding this book, that a leak like this is understandable.

Comment

This is not the first time this has happened, last time I believe there was an arrest. I believe Brian informed the printer last night.

Instagram

Comment

I've had some messages back and forth with him and here's the rundown: there are no tray cases, no signatures, no number, no letter. At best, these are production copies that slipped out somehow (maybe from the shuttered printer before they got rolling at the new one?), at worst these are just two dust jackets on different books making it seem like they're real copies. Though I will say the person I've messaged with was very responsive and polite. Apart from the super sketchy fact that he's selling a book that he shouldn't have, he doesn't seem to be hiding anything. I can imagine with all the printer woes surrounding this book, that a leak like this is understandable.
                      I just don't like listing it as signed when it is not signed. I expect the buyer will be very disappointed. People should be buying their limited editions the way you're supposed to, from a creepy looking guy in a trenchcoat on a downtown street corner.

Comment

I just don't like listing it as signed when it is not signed. I expect the buyer will be very disappointed. People should be buying their limited editions the way you're supposed to, from a creepy looking guy in a trenchcoat on a downtown street corner.
                        To be fair he doesn't list that it's signed, but at the same time I don't think this listing will make it the 6 days to the end of the auction. I suspect it will be pulled by then.

Instagram

Comment

To be fair he doesn't list that it's signed, but at the same time I don't think this listing will make it the 6 days to the end of the auction. I suspect it will be pulled by then.
                          This seller has been super responsive to my questions and I wonder if they even know that they're selling something they shouldn't have. It's obvious that they don't know what it is, so maybe they were just handed the books by someone who wanted to dump them.

Comment

This seller has been super responsive to my questions and I wonder if they even know that they're selling something they shouldn't have. It's obvious that they don't know what it is, so maybe they were just handed the books by someone who wanted to dump them.

Not that selling stolen goods is ever legal or anything.

Comment

I am pretty positive it had "signed" in the title earlier this morning.

Comment

Unless they're playing dumb I don't think the seller is the one who will get arrested. It'll be whoever walked out of the plant with the books. eBay will probably shut down the auction though once the police are involved. Honestly I hope no one actually buys it, especially since it's not signed and doesn't have the appropriate tray cases.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X