Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me find more info. about author Lawrence Cortesi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for asking. I'm happy with the info. provided in this thread. ~Cap

Originally posted by eachrm
    Hi. Are you still interested in information about this author?
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

[QUOTE=c marvel;84303]I've read many of author Lawrence Cortesi's books-Such as Pacific Hellfire and The Battle For Manila. Lawrence Cortesi wrote a lot of books about WWII in the Pacific and the battles or campaigns of Army general Douglas MacArthur. One interesting aspect of the author's books is that they read like a novel. He recreates conversations between various officers/personnel.
      I've tried numerous times, without success to learn more about author Lawrence Cortesi. All I get when I search is a list of the books he has written. I can not find any biographical info, much less a website. I posted at a message board forum specifically devoted to history and did not get one reply to my post at that message board forum. So, I'm asking for help here. Thanks for listening!
      Last edited by eachrm; 10-04-2019, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Hi I'm Cathy, Lawrence Cortesi's daughter. Cortesi was his pen name (his mother's maiden name) He was a high school teacher and the district did not want him to use his legal name He was a great conversationalist and was interested in many different topics He was a WWII vet. He was about to start a Viet Nam war series of books before his sudden death. He loved History and he and my mom were involved in the Watervliet Historical Society and the Watervliet Museum in Watervliet, New York. He also wrote The History of Watervliet On the original publication of Jean duSable, there's a photo and a nice description of him. (Jean DuSable was the father of Chicago but never got the credit) He was a very interesting man and his children learned a lot about history around the dinner table. If anyone would like more information, let me know

Comment

Well this is certainly a remarkable turn of events!

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy View Post
            Hi I'm Cathy, Lawrence Cortesi's daughter. Cortesi was his pen name (his mother's maiden name) He was a high school teacher and the district did not want him to use his legal name He was a great conversationalist and was interested in many different topics He was a WWII vet. He was about to start a Viet Nam war series of books before his sudden death. He loved History and he and my mom were involved in the Watervliet Historical Society and the Watervliet Museum in Watervliet, New York. He also wrote The History of Watervliet On the original publication of Jean duSable, there's a photo and a nice description of him. (Jean DuSable was the father of Chicago but never got the credit) He was a very interesting man and his children learned a lot about history around the dinner table. If anyone would like more information, let me know
            I think is really great that you stepped in to help with some information on your father. Very cool.

Comment

Working...
            X