Stephen King - The Desk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen King - The Desk

I remember the story about Mr. King's desk. I believe it was explained in On Writing (not positive about that.)

I like the graphic version of the story:

http://zenpencils.com/comic/king/#.WLgZrYUTDAI.twitter

Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I remember the story about Mr. King's desk. I believe it was explained in On Writing (not positive about that.)

I like the graphic version of the story:

http://zenpencils.com/comic/king/#.WLgZrYUTDAI.twitter
      Are you on reddit? I saw this there this morning.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Are you on reddit? I saw this there this morning.
        I believe I saw it on Twitter. Do not remember who tweeted it. Have never really attempted to figure reddit out.

Comment

I believe I saw it on Twitter. Do not remember who tweeted it. Have never really attempted to figure reddit out.
          Not much to figure out there. It's just a link aggregator / forum combined. Where the front page just shows the most popular posts on the site. I'd avoid it honestly, it can be a bit of cesspool at times.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Not much to figure out there. It's just a link aggregator / forum combined. Where the front page just shows the most popular posts on the site. I'd avoid it honestly, it can be a bit of cesspool at times.
            I tend to tire easily of the cesspool elements of the web. That is one of the things I truly appreciate about this quiet little corner.

Comment

I use Twitter from time to time but for me it's sort of a means to an end. I agree with you Martin I tire quick of the constant barrage of negativity and prefer forums like this one and thedarktower.org.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                I use Twitter from time to time but for me it's sort of a means to an end. I agree with you Martin I tire quick of the constant barrage of negativity and prefer forums like this one and thedarktower.org.
                I use Twitter daily but am very limited in who I follow.

Comment

I tend to tire easily of the cesspool elements of the web. That is one of the things I truly appreciate about this quiet little corner.
                  I listen to the radio a lot lol!!! That TV thing, fad if I ever saw one HAHAHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    I listen to the radio a lot lol!!! That TV thing, fad if I ever saw one HAHAHA!!
                    Satellite radio changed my habits. I listen to the radio much more than I did before.

Comment

Satellite radio changed my habits. I listen to the radio much more than I did before.
                      Oh yeah, me too! Bought one when they first came out for the football, never without one now!

Comment

Oh yeah, me too! Bought one when they first came out for the football, never without one now!
                        I bought it because it intrigued me and Sirius was offering lifetime subscriptions for $499. I remember thinking if I had a lifetime subscription for cable I would be saving a lot of money. My subscription has paid for itself multiple time over. I listen to radio so much more than I did before. I remember driving to work and hearing commercials for most of the drive, no more. I never noticed how much static was on regular radio before but now if I have to listen to it the poor sound quality drives me crazy.

Comment

I've enjoyed my subscription as well, however, I don't likr paying the "Activation Fee" on new radios. I wouldn't want to be without now.

Comment

I bought it because it intrigued me and Sirius was offering lifetime subscriptions for $499. I remember thinking if I had a lifetime subscription for cable I would be saving a lot of money. My subscription has paid for itself multiple time over. I listen to radio so much more than I did before. I remember driving to work and hearing commercials for most of the drive, no more. I never noticed how much static was on regular radio before but now if I have to listen to it the poor sound quality drives me crazy.
                            I've enjoyed my subscription as well, however, I don't likr paying the "Activation Fee" on new radios. I wouldn't want to be without now.
                            A lifetime sub. for $499? That's a bargain, wish I'd gotten in on that deal. I just checked and a 3-year sub. is $527.67. Of course, that is retail and they can always be talked down quite a bit but it would be nice not to have to haggle ever again.

Regarding the activation fee for new radios, that one got me to cancel...almost. I got a new car with a SiriusXM radio and they had to replace the radio after a few months due to a glitch with the backup camera. I called to have them transfer service to the new radio and they insisted on charging me for activation. Why should I pay when the radio was defective not because I needed a new radio? After some back and forth I told them to cancel it and they still charged me but credited the amount to my account. Once they have you on the hook, they will do about anything to keep you.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                              A lifetime sub. for $499? That's a bargain, wish I'd gotten in on that deal. I just checked and a 3-year sub. is $527.67. Of course, that is retail and they can always be talked down quite a bit but it would be nice not to have to haggle ever again.

Regarding the activation fee for new radios, that one got me to cancel...almost. I got a new car with a SiriusXM radio and they had to replace the radio after a few months due to a glitch with the backup camera. I called to have them transfer service to the new radio and they insisted on charging me for activation. Why should I pay when the radio was defective not because I needed a new radio? After some back and forth I told them to cancel it and they still charged me but credited the amount to my account. Once they have you on the hook, they will do about anything to keep you.
                              I have been very fortunate in that I have never needed to replace my radio, however they were upfront that I would pay $75 to do so. I have had to call customer service a couple of times and agree that there service was poor. I reached on offshore person and the language barrier made giving them an understanding of my issue difficult. They seemed to be working off a script and could not wrap their minds around a question that was not part of the script they had.

Comment

Working...
                              X