Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 165

Thread: Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar

  1. #41
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,628
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Think about the coin that comes with the book. THE COIN. Only 352 coins will be minted. With a surprise on the head side (as opposed to the endless piebald side). Can you imagine, looking at images of the finished book on the LRB site, and seeing the profile of the King on that coin? And Richard on the other side?! I have no insight or information. Just a fat juicy guess. But man, I tell you, I want to avoid that moment of regret as much as possible.
    I have it absolutely no authority that the head side of the coin will be a profile pick of Brian's Dog and the other side will be, well tails.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    596
    Rep Power
    7
    Decided to go with the signed trade + slipcase deal. These first three months of the year have been brutal on my budget :'(

  3. #43
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,152
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have it absolutely no authority that the head side of the coin will be a profile pick of Brian's Dog and the other side will be, well tails.
    With equal authority I confirm this.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,628
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    Decided to go with the signed trade + slipcase deal. These first three months of the year have been brutal on my budget :'(
    Monday was brutal on my budget and then today I get an offer from the CDCC that I will probably not be able to resist. Our friends at Cemetery Dance need to take a vacation!

  5. #45
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Monday was brutal on my budget and then today I get an offer from the CDCC that I will probably not be able to resist. Our friends at Cemetery Dance need to take a vacation!
    I hear ya, Martin! I'm not even going to attempt to resist the latest CDCC offer. And LMAO about the coin! That'd be classic!

  6. #46
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    596
    Rep Power
    7
    I have specifically avoided joining the CDCC for these exact reasons.

  7. #47
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,559
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I hear ya, Martin! I'm not even going to attempt to resist the latest CDCC offer. And LMAO about the coin! That'd be classic!
    Now I'm losing my mind wondering what I'm missing out on!

    I'll just have to remind myself about all the things I've already bought. And how my financial maneuvers are setting me up to be a homeless guy sleeping under piles of slipcased and tray cased horror.

  8. #48
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,354
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Now I'm losing my mind wondering what I'm missing out on!

    I'll just have to remind myself about all the things I've already bought. And how my financial maneuvers are setting me up to be a homeless guy sleeping under piles of slipcased and tray cased horror.
    Please let us know what bridge you'll be sleeping under and what time you usually fall asleep!!

  9. #49
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,169
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Monday was brutal on my budget and then today I get an offer from the CDCC that I will probably not be able to resist. Our friends at Cemetery Dance need to take a vacation!
    CDCC offer? I haven't received an email yet...now the suspense is killing me!

  10. #50
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,559
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Please let us know what bridge you'll be sleeping under and what time you usually fall asleep!!
    Bridge? I don't expect to be that high-class. If I can hold off going homeless until after October of next year, you'll find me with some pretty sweet editions!

  11. #51
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,169
    Rep Power
    14
    I still haven't received the CDCC email...I even slipped Brian an extra twenty at the beginning of the new club to make sure my email was sent first!

  12. #52
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,595
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I still haven't received the CDCC email...I even slipped Brian an extra twenty at the beginning of the new club to make sure my email was sent first!
    Anyone who hasn't received this week's CDCC notes should send me an email:

    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    We switched to a new mail server, so you may also want to check your SPAM folder to be safe.

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  13. #53
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,628
    Rep Power
    23
    This is not the week to miss the CDCC emails!

  14. #54
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,169
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Anyone who hasn't received this week's CDCC notes should send me an email:

    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    We switched to a new mail server, so you may also want to check your SPAM folder to be safe.



    Brian
    Email sent! Thanks, Brian!

  15. #55
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    9
    Still haven't seen any messages.

    Emailed yesterday and I've checked my spam folders. Boo.

    Maybe I have gotten them - not sure - by the way the comments above come across, I feel like I might be missing something, but it's always so vague. If only there were a special sub forum or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Anyone who hasn't received this week's CDCC notes should send me an email:

    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    We switched to a new mail server, so you may also want to check your SPAM folder to be safe.

    Brian
    Last edited by TacomaDiver; 03-11-2017 at 01:56 AM.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    The first few lottery entries selected will be able to buy either the Limited Edition or the Lettered Edition until the Lettered Editions have sold.

    Brian
    When will the lottery entries be selected? ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  17. #57
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    When will the lottery entries be selected? ~Cap
    Come and gone, Steven. All entrants have been notified.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,628
    Rep Power
    23
    Mr. Chizmar has put chapter 1 up for preview at his website. http://richardchizmar.com/books-as-w...ys-button-box/

  19. #59
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,595
    Rep Power
    2014
    I had to take these fast because I need to run out the door, but the VIP review copies for GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX arrived. There are 20 of these and most of them are reserved for important business associates of the authors plus a few "very important" publications that will be reviewing the book:





    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  20. #60
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,341
    Rep Power
    11
    Dibs on any leftovers!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •