Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swan Song by Robert McCammon--Subterranean Press

I had a feeling it was coming...

Subterranean Press just announced a new signed limited/lettered edition of Swan Song by Robert McCammon! I'm sure this is going to sell FAST. I wanted the lettered but just can't swing it right now.

A special shout out to Camelot Books. Twenty minutes after receiving the email from Sub Press, I got an email from Kim letting me know that Swan Song had been announced and if I wanted to reserve a matching number to Boy's Life that I had purchased through them. Really made the whole thing easy on my end!

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I had a feeling it was coming...

A special shout out to Camelot Books. Twenty minutes after receiving the email from Sub Press, I got an email from Kim letting me know that Swan Song had been announced and if I wanted to reserve a matching number to Boy's Life that I had purchased through them. Really made the whole thing easy on my end!
    +1. Great folks, and I took advantage of the same offer.

I already have the Dark Harvest HC (an inscribed trade), but couldn't pass up this new version. I don't really have the shelf space for duplicates / alternate editions, but there are a few, very select books for which I''ll make an exception, and SWAN SONG is certainly one of them.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I was thinking about waiting, but then they (SubPress) followed up like three hours later saying it was over 80% sold out.

I am weak.

Comment

Bam, Kim contacted me too and I jumped high and hard lol!!

Comment

I saw the original message at about 5:30 this morning.

I lasted until exactly 12:05 before buying it.

Comment

I skipped it. I liked Boy's Life much more than Swan Song, so I'm sticking with my old paperback copy from the '80s.

Comment

Both editions are now sold out. It took less than a day.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                Both editions are now sold out. It took less than a day.
                Yeah, it sold out FAST. To be honest, though, I'm not really surprised. It's a genre classic and I'm sure most collectors have been waiting for Subterranean to put this out since they've been running through McCammon's books. My only complaint is that I wish Subterranean had been consistent in the trim size between the McCammon books. Boy's Life and Swan Song are one trim size, The Border is another, and the majority of the other McCammon books are a third size. I'm sure that wasn't as much demand for Bethany's Sin as there is for Swan Song, but I think that oversized slipcased books across the line would have been really nice on the shelf.

Comment

DRP managed to get 15 copies, in case anyone is having second thoughts about not jumping in. They'll likely go fast, too.

Comment

Not a big deal, but the mark-up is a bit of a turn off, even if it is only $10.

Comment

I seem to recall Camelot had some insane markup on The Border even before it had sold out through SubPress.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                        Not a big deal, but the mark-up is a bit of a turn off, even if it is only $10.
                        I agree, but if I still needed one, I would not pass it up over the $10.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          I seem to recall Camelot had some insane markup on The Border even before it had sold out through SubPress.
                          I've seen mark-ups from Camelot, but not for pre-orders. Still I see your point.

Comment

I've never really noticed any big markup, but the profit margin in the book business is pretty thin, as we all know, and Camelot gives such great service, I wouldn't begrudge them making a few bucks. Plus, I've picked up some great deals from them in the past. I figure it all balances out in the wash.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              I've never really noticed any big markup, but the profit margin in the book business is pretty thin, as we all know, and Camelot gives such great service, I wouldn't begrudge them making a few bucks. Plus, I've picked up some great deals from them in the past. I figure it all balances out in the wash.
                              Oh I agree. Camelot is great. The fact that they don't charge on pre-orders is amazing in and of itself. If they mark up books later as the secondary market price is increasing I couldn't care less.

The reason I pointed out DR is because it's literally a day after the announcement.

Comment

Working...
                              X