This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just the facts man, just the facts. Your record speaks for itself.
    Except your "facts" are facts at all.

The facts are that you NEVER asked me for a refund. One that I would have readily provided. That is the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      And it's funny that we don't hear anything from him until someone complains on this forum then we hear how it's our fault or the fault of his email server or he is in a location where he has spotty service until we complain then his service is fine until he tells us we were wrong then it goes out again. Super frustrating.
      Actually, people DO hear from me. You can like the FB page or sign up for newsletters.

When someone alerts me to a post here, I try to answer it.

I have NEVER claimed any shortcoming of my own belongs to anyone else or blamed it on you. That's simply not true. I called one person out here for making false statements and that is true. His statement was false period.

I accept my own shortcomings, but I do not accept lies told about me.

As for "hearing from me" other than newsletters and FB page posts, I don't have time to spend on forums. I wish I did, but I do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
        The pattern is certainly repetitive and has been going on now for many years. As you say, incredibly frustrating.

I'd love to see the 6 limited editions released but when your last limited edition was released 5 or 6 years ago it's kind of hard to be optimistic.
        I don't know where you come up with that claim. Our last limited edition was delivered to our customers less than 18 months ago and our latest was released roughly 3 weeks ago. Not five or six years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
          Hi Zach,

Any updates on Silver and 900 Miles?
          900 miles is due out early fall. As for Silver, I am reaching out to Steven Savile to see about returning the signature pages again. It's been a nightmare getting them back with the post office returning them more than once to Steve without cause. I have no idea what the disconnect is there. The book blocks have been done for literally years and I've simply been waiting on these pages. Steve has verified this more than once on forums.

I hope to have those back soon so I can release those books.

Z.

Comment

As I said before, I take full responsibility for my own shortcomings. However, there are many who pile on without due cause. Especially when great effort is made to right the ship.

I have had more than one collector who are very excited about the recent changes at KWP, not limited to giving them free subs to the paperback line with their other subs.

The latest hardcover is a first for KWP in that it features a dustjacket!

Here is the latest KWP hardcover:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I am someone who rarely participates on message boards, but felt obligated to do so now. I had a membership with FMP and I thought it died with the press. I was pleasantly surprised when sometime in 2010 or early 2011 when some books showed up from KWP. Impressive quality offerings to say the least.

As someone who thought my investment was dead, I appreciate Zach taking on the press and honoring the commitments of FMP. I was thrilled to receive the paperbacks as part of my sub. It wasn't originally part of the deal. So far, I've received 15 paperbacks, and 5 or 6 hardcovers from KWP.

While I wish the books would come quicker, a slow trickle of books is better than nothing at all given that the investment was written off as lost long ago. Say what you will about Zach, but I appreciate that in a time when small presses seem to crop up and fold on a regular basis, he finds it within himself to persevere. It can't be easy running a small press.

That's my two cents. I'm not gonna kick the guy when he is delivering and seems to be trying to honor his obligations.

Comment

Originally posted by KING'SWAYPRESS View Post
                I don't know where you come up with that claim. Our last limited edition was delivered to our customers less than 18 months ago and our latest was released roughly 3 weeks ago. Not five or six years ago.
                Was the book that was released 18 months ago Ghosts of Benevolence? Were the traycases for this one produced? If so, that's fantastic.
                I didn't see the post on your facebook page about the latest hardcover. Though, this seems to be a micro-limited 'not for sale' special edition.

I guess like most collectors I will judge your success on whether you can produce completed editions of the 6 limited run books that have been up for pre-order since 2012/13.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                  Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
                  Same here. Nothing for some time now. Last e-mail stated that a new hardcover was coming out for all life time members but I haven't seen it yet.

You wouldn't have seen it yet. If you're getting the newsletters, the last one stated the unannounced and ultra limited hardcover (30 copies) would be shipping in 3 weeks. It's been less than that.

Z.

I sent Zak an email about this book on Monday? still haven't heard back from him yet, maybe his email is broken again.
                  Hi Zack,

Still no word on this book yet.

Comment

Not surprised. Are you? His service is spotty.

Comment

I messaged this publisher through Facebook on the 23rd August. The message was read later that day (according to facebook) but I've had no response since.
                      The constant failings in communication from this company don't inspire confidence. Nor does the inability to produce a single one of their limited edition books.

Comment

I think I've seen enough from this publisher to decide that any future releases aren't going to be for me.
                        The failings are so consistent and repetitive that posting queries on this forum seems to be a waste of time.
                        The last post on facebook states that more hardback books are 'expected this July!'. They of course didn't appear.
                        Posting promises of progress and not delivering and then going AWOL whilst people try to get in touch. It's a pattern that has played out since the early days of the company.

As I said in an earlier post I had every hope that Zach would make a success of the company but he's had two years to change peoples' perceptions of KWP. In that time he has released a handful of paperbacks and a hardcover, which he had in stock years ago, minus traycase. I can't say that my perceptions have changed one iota.
                        Last edited by Ranger; 09-09-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I purchased two signed Ogre's Passing books from King's Way Press about four years ago. This guy lies out of his ass over and over again. I'm in the process of trying to get my money refunded and it's like pulling teeth. He has about $400 of mine and if he does finally reply to me I can imagine his Grand Uncle would have died of an awful, debilitating malady, or something. I will get my money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Malatesta View Post
                            I purchased two signed Ogre's Passing books from King's Way Press about four years ago. This guy lies out of his ass over and over again. I'm in the process of trying to get my money refunded and it's like pulling teeth. He has about $400 of mine and if he does finally reply to me I can imagine his Grand Uncle would have died of an awful, debilitating malady, or something. I will get my money back.
                            Good luck

Comment

I see the KWP website has closed:
                              www.kwp-books.com

Since Zach said "KWP will NEVER go out of business. It won't happen. I made a promise to my lifetime subscribers and I made a promise to a very old friend that I will honor until my last breath is taken" I'm sure this is just an oversight and we can all look forward to deluxe limited editions any day now!

Comment

I contacted Zach via Facebook and he replied that the KWP website is down for Routine maintenance, nothing more.... When I search for the King's Way Press website and click the link I get the following message The provider has closed this website.

~Cap

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                                I see the KWP website has closed:
                                www.kwp-books.com

Since Zach said "KWP will NEVER go out of business. It won't happen. I made a promise to my lifetime subscribers and I made a promise to a very old friend that I will honor until my last breath is taken" I'm sure this is just an oversight and we can all look forward to deluxe limited editions any day now!
                                Last edited by c marvel; 10-24-2018, 11:06 AM.
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X