Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 97 of 97

Thread: Kings Way Press discussion

  1. #81
    Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,286
    Rep Power
    51
    I let this go a long time ago. I was able to get my money back because I'd used paypal. Good intentions, bad intentions, at some point it doesn't matter, I've got better things to do with my money. Not really into "Book Gambling" LOL!!

  2. #82
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by saginawhorror View Post
    Message sent.
    I think we discovered the problem. I have no PM from you on this forum or the company FB page. Nor do I have a message through the website email or my personal email.

    Do you know where the message was sent?

    Also, can you send me a message to my personal email? zpowellkwp5@gmail.com

  3. #83
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I let this go a long time ago. I was able to get my money back because I'd used paypal. Good intentions, bad intentions, at some point it doesn't matter, I've got better things to do with my money. Not really into "Book Gambling" LOL!!
    Let's be honest here, I would have refunded you regardless of how you paid. You NEVER gave me that option. So don't act like you "had" to go through paypal to get a refund. That's simply NOT true.

    Funny, for someone who says they "let this go a long time ago", you sure as hell mention it every chance you get. No "book gambling" involved.

    I am always willing to own up to my own failures and have done so many times and I always will. I do NOT however have to remain silent when someone is falsely portraying me as unwilling to refund a simple $40 upon request, which is patently absurd. I also told you via email that even though you filed a claim with PP (WITHOUT even asking for a refund first) that I would still send a free copy of the hardback when it comes out as a customer service gesture. I still intend to do that and the hardcover will be here soon.

    Z.
    Last edited by KING'SWAYPRESS; 07-16-2018 at 03:35 PM.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    465
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by KING'SWAYPRESS View Post
    I think we discovered the problem. I have no PM from you on this forum or the company FB page. Nor do I have a message through the website email or my personal email.

    Do you know where the message was sent?

    Also, can you send me a message to my personal email? zpowellkwp5@gmail.com
    Sent through both my yahoo and gmail accounts. Hopefully one will make it.

    The PM was sent to through this forum

  5. #85
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by saginawhorror View Post
    Sent through both my yahoo and gmail accounts. Hopefully one will make it.

    The PM was sent to through this forum
    Still don't show a PM, unless I'm doing something wrong.

    Did just get the email from my personal email address and responded a few moments ago. Please let me know if when you get it.

    Found 2 more emails along with yours in spam. I'll be answering those now.

    Thanks for your help.

    Z.

  6. #86
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    465
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by KING'SWAYPRESS View Post
    Still don't show a PM, unless I'm doing something wrong.

    Did just get the email from my personal email address and responded a few moments ago. Please let me know if when you get it.

    Found 2 more emails along with yours in spam. I'll be answering those now.

    Thanks for your help.

    Z.
    Gmail worked. Good to know. Have to use that from now on. Looking forward to get a giant box of books!

  7. #87
    Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,286
    Rep Power
    51
    Just the facts man, just the facts. Your record speaks for itself.

  8. #88
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,597
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just the facts man, just the facts. Your record speaks for itself.
    And it's funny that we don't hear anything from him until someone complains on this forum then we hear how it's our fault or the fault of his email server or he is in a location where he has spotty service until we complain then his service is fine until he tells us we were wrong then it goes out again. Super frustrating.

  9. #89
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    And it's funny that we don't hear anything from him until someone complains on this forum then we hear how it's our fault or the fault of his email server or he is in a location where he has spotty service until we complain then his service is fine until he tells us we were wrong then it goes out again. Super frustrating.
    The pattern is certainly repetitive and has been going on now for many years. As you say, incredibly frustrating.

    I'd love to see the 6 limited editions released but when your last limited edition was released 5 or 6 years ago it's kind of hard to be optimistic.

  10. #90
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    Posts
    1,469
    Rep Power
    9
    Hi Zach,

    Any updates on Silver and 900 Miles?

  11. #91
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just the facts man, just the facts. Your record speaks for itself.
    Except your "facts" are facts at all.

    The facts are that you NEVER asked me for a refund. One that I would have readily provided. That is the facts.

  12. #92
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    And it's funny that we don't hear anything from him until someone complains on this forum then we hear how it's our fault or the fault of his email server or he is in a location where he has spotty service until we complain then his service is fine until he tells us we were wrong then it goes out again. Super frustrating.
    Actually, people DO hear from me. You can like the FB page or sign up for newsletters.

    When someone alerts me to a post here, I try to answer it.

    I have NEVER claimed any shortcoming of my own belongs to anyone else or blamed it on you. That's simply not true. I called one person out here for making false statements and that is true. His statement was false period.

    I accept my own shortcomings, but I do not accept lies told about me.

    As for "hearing from me" other than newsletters and FB page posts, I don't have time to spend on forums. I wish I did, but I do not.

  13. #93
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    The pattern is certainly repetitive and has been going on now for many years. As you say, incredibly frustrating.

    I'd love to see the 6 limited editions released but when your last limited edition was released 5 or 6 years ago it's kind of hard to be optimistic.
    I don't know where you come up with that claim. Our last limited edition was delivered to our customers less than 18 months ago and our latest was released roughly 3 weeks ago. Not five or six years ago.

  14. #94
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Hi Zach,

    Any updates on Silver and 900 Miles?
    900 miles is due out early fall. As for Silver, I am reaching out to Steven Savile to see about returning the signature pages again. It's been a nightmare getting them back with the post office returning them more than once to Steve without cause. I have no idea what the disconnect is there. The book blocks have been done for literally years and I've simply been waiting on these pages. Steve has verified this more than once on forums.

    I hope to have those back soon so I can release those books.

    Z.

  15. #95
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0
    As I said before, I take full responsibility for my own shortcomings. However, there are many who pile on without due cause. Especially when great effort is made to right the ship.

    I have had more than one collector who are very excited about the recent changes at KWP, not limited to giving them free subs to the paperback line with their other subs.

    The latest hardcover is a first for KWP in that it features a dustjacket!

    Here is the latest KWP hardcover:

    [IMG][/IMG]


  16. #96
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    I am someone who rarely participates on message boards, but felt obligated to do so now. I had a membership with FMP and I thought it died with the press. I was pleasantly surprised when sometime in 2010 or early 2011 when some books showed up from KWP. Impressive quality offerings to say the least.

    As someone who thought my investment was dead, I appreciate Zach taking on the press and honoring the commitments of FMP. I was thrilled to receive the paperbacks as part of my sub. It wasn't originally part of the deal. So far, I've received 15 paperbacks, and 5 or 6 hardcovers from KWP.

    While I wish the books would come quicker, a slow trickle of books is better than nothing at all given that the investment was written off as lost long ago. Say what you will about Zach, but I appreciate that in a time when small presses seem to crop up and fold on a regular basis, he finds it within himself to persevere. It can't be easy running a small press.

    That's my two cents. I'm not gonna kick the guy when he is delivering and seems to be trying to honor his obligations.

  17. #97
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KING'SWAYPRESS View Post
    I don't know where you come up with that claim. Our last limited edition was delivered to our customers less than 18 months ago and our latest was released roughly 3 weeks ago. Not five or six years ago.
    Was the book that was released 18 months ago Ghosts of Benevolence? Were the traycases for this one produced? If so, that's fantastic.
    I didn't see the post on your facebook page about the latest hardcover. Though, this seems to be a micro-limited 'not for sale' special edition.

    I guess like most collectors I will judge your success on whether you can produce completed editions of the 6 limited run books that have been up for pre-order since 2012/13.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •